News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, January 21, 2020, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Bullyland entered bankruptcy last year, so this is a surprise.

Apparent repaint of their Ichthyosaurus, image via Everything Dinosaur:

mammoth calf:

Mini Allosaurus:

Mini Dimetrodon:

Mini Stegosaurus:

Mini Triceratops:

Mini Tyrannosaurus:

Mini Velociraptor:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

I think they found a new investor.

Re-releases, eh? Personally I wouldn't mind if they released some more of their old figures, like the Edaphosaurus, Liliensternus etc.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Fingers crossed for Arizonasaurus.  8)

Shonisaurus

I'm glad that the Bullyland brand is recovering (I thought it was lost) was one of my favorite companies when I was very young along with Schleich and Carnegie / Safari.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 21, 2020, 12:00:21 AM
Bullyland entered bankruptcy last year, so this is a surprise.

They're re-releasing their blue-green Ichthyosaurus:

And they're releasing a baby mammoth, although that seems more like a modern animal to me. No photo yet, but I'll add one when it's available.

Is that Icthyosaurus coveted in the after market? It almost seems like it could be another species of Icthyosaur, altogether.

SidB

Seems like a more bluish version of the blue-green Ichthyosaurus - Neptonectes reviewed previously on the DTB.

ItsTwentyBelow

This is cool news, I always enjoyed the charm of Bullyland's figures. Hopefully a wider range will be released. It's been mentioned they have a new investor, so do we think they'll make a comeback?

Last time they re-released some figures in the early 2010s I jumped on that Deinotherium and Mastodonsaurus, among others. Those are great models.

Does anyone who knows Ichthyosaurs well have a guess for the genus of this one? Or is it just a slightly cartoonish Ichthyosaurus?

Faelrin

I'm surprised to see they are back in the game somehow. I certainly agree that it would be nice for some older figures to be re-released, particularly those of obscure genus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mononykus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 21, 2020, 04:27:27 AM
Does anyone who knows Ichthyosaurs well have a guess for the genus of this one? Or is it just a slightly cartoonish Ichthyosaurus?
Although the model is labeled as Ichthyosaurus on its belly, Its tag identified it as "Leptopterygius", although that genus is now Leptonectes (Leptopterygius was preoccupied). The scale on the belly is 1:30 which makes it 6m long, much too large for Ichthyosaurus (but also too large for 4 m long Leptonectes). Bullyland has always played pretty fast and loose with names, often just using german common names, which can make identification difficult.

Loon

What year was this "Icthyosaurus" originally released? I ask because if they're releasing older models, I'd love to see some of those great looking Non-Dinosaurs they've released in the past.

CityRaptor

According to the review on the blog, the mold was originally released in 2000 and was first released with that color in 2005.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

I would like a reissued Bullyland ankylosaurus. That dinosaur I would like to have it new. I would even trade my old deinotherium and mastodonsaurus with multiple abrasions from rubbing.

I hope that the new owners of the brand of Bullyland make other figures of dinosaurs and new prehistoric animals, on the other hand the mammoth rearing could it be that breeding that shows discontinued monsterhouse? It would be interesting since it is a very difficult figure to find.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 21, 2020, 08:26:05 AM
According to the review on the blog, the mold was originally released in 2000 and was first released with that color in 2005.

I have the original version of the blue ichythiosaurus. I don't have that new version, I suppose that old color version is hardly available in the eBay market.

Libraraptor

Let´s hope this isn´t just a straw fire and they release new species again.
And they need to find retailers which aren´t intimidated by Schleichs brazen marketing.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 21, 2020, 12:46:48 PM
Let´s hope this isn´t just a straw fire and they release new species again.
And they need to find retailers which aren´t intimidated by Schleichs brazen marketing.

True in what he says, the owners of the Bullyland brand must have a powerful patron who helps them thrive as an animal company and in this case prehistoric toy animals. They must get in good hands.

Ikessauro

It's really nice to see Bullyland recovering, I hope everything goes well for them and for us. They should re-issue their non-dinos with new paint jobs, that would probably sell really well and there would be no competition, species wise. I don't think other companies have dared to do a Mastodonsaurus or Arizonasaurus.

PrimevalRaptor

I hope they'll recover and maybe also sell in German stores again, Schleich could use some competition lol
And while some of their toys are a bit crude, I always really enjoyed their offerings, especially the Triassic stuff (still gotta get the Mastodonsaurus one day) and the feathered Dilophosaurus.

Halichoeres

I forgot to thank B @bmathison1972 for the heads up on these releases!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

thats good news! there's some old extant animal and bird figures Id like to see return as well. Need a couple of their recently retired Disney figures too.

DC

Bullyland is releasing a new T rex, Tric and a mosasaur and showing them ay Nuremburg Toy fair they have not allowed pictures
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.