News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, January 21, 2020, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Quote from: DC on January 30, 2020, 09:49:56 PM
Bullyland is releasing a new T rex, Tric and a mosasaur and showing them ay Nuremburg Toy fair they have not allowed pictures

Do they look good?

Mononykus

DinoToyCollector

But they posted a picture of the T-rex some days ago on their IG account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7yS-VtIExg/

Loon

After seeing that T. rex should we change the title of the thread to "Bullyland - New for 1950"?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoxels

For a vintage-style figure, it doesn't look too bad.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Yep. Funny thing is that it was originally released in the same line as a more modern take on Allosaurus and a feathered Velociraptor. It and the Stegosaurus are the most old school of that line.
Oh no

Gwangi

I have the mini version of that T. rex, I gave it to my daughter. I didn't find it shelf worthy.

Shonisaurus

By the way, is there news that Bullyland reissues her vintage mammoth calf? I am interested in that figure.

The negative of Bullyland is that the new Bullyland figures are reedictions of some old and other vintage quite imperfect as the tyrannosaurus rex. On the other hand it will be necessary to see if your mosasaurus is worthy for a collector or even for a child or for both. ´

The positive thing about Bullyland is that he has risen. I considered him dead and that is cause for celebration by many members of DTF, among whom I am fortunately.

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 31, 2020, 10:12:13 AM
For a vintage-style figure, it doesn't look too bad.

Well, a vintage-style T.rex like this releasing in the year 2020 is absolutely not thrilling by any means. Some might even say it's...bad?

Hoping this is just Bullyland trying to get their foot back in the door, but come on man. I just hate to see a company insist on mediocrity after we've seen long ago what Bullyland is capable of with the Paratypothorax, Mastodonsaurus, and Chalicotherium to name a few of their good 15-20 year old figures. And they also long ago released a much better Tyrannosaurus.

Ugh. Impress me Bullyland. Do something new and different, with heart. Otherwise what is the point?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Gwangi on January 31, 2020, 01:23:00 PM
I have the mini version of that T. rex, I gave it to my daughter. I didn't find it shelf worthy.

Actually, that IS the mini version. And it is by no means vintage. It is not new,  either.

postsaurischian

It's just a bad repaint. This must be a joke :-\ .
Über Tote macht man keine Witze! :-[

Halichoeres

Thanks for the information! I've added it to the front page, although not the photos yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Nice to see the Icthyosaurus/Leptonectes be re-released, even if I doubt they'll re-release their other retired figures.

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 31, 2020, 03:21:37 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 31, 2020, 01:23:00 PM

Actually, that IS the mini version. And it is by no means vintage. It is not new,  either.

I've had mine for a good 7 or more years. Actually, I got it from you!

CityRaptor

So 7 years is vintage? You know, Bullyland had some of their prehistoric animal figures from the 80s active for decades. ( They might still be, given that Bullyland seems to be a bit chaotic regarding their cataloge of still active figures ).  Retrosaurs don't die that easy...and if they are model kits: They don't stay dead!

Anyways, since the T.rex was posted here, why did not no one post the mammoth calf also on their Instagram?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7v6vGdoT7T/
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2020, 10:32:29 AM
....... Retrosaurs don't die that easy...and if they are model kits: They don't stay dead!

;D  I actually meant the Bullyland company.

Shonisaurus

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor I'm glad that Bullyland has reissued the bullyland mammoth calf is the only missing figure of that brand, in monsterhouse it was sold out and I suppose that the price of that product would be scaling expensively. Thanks for the info.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2020, 10:32:29 AM
So 7 years is vintage? You know, Bullyland had some of their prehistoric animal figures from the 80s active for decades. ( They might still be, given that Bullyland seems to be a bit chaotic regarding their cataloge of still active figures ).  Retrosaurs don't die that easy...and if they are model kits: They don't stay dead!

Anyways, since the T.rex was posted here, why did not no one post the mammoth calf also on their Instagram?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7v6vGdoT7T/

:o No one said that. I just stated how long I've had mine to illustrate that this is not a new release.

CityRaptor

Fair enough. To quote Libraraptor:
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 31, 2020, 03:21:37 PM
And it is by no means vintage. It is not new,  either.

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 01, 2020, 10:38:51 AM
;D  I actually meant the Bullyland company.

Guess it applies to both. Which makes me wonder if we ever see their old model kits again.

Okay, here is my theory about the situation:
Bullyland has a new investor, but they are limited regarding the budget for new molds, so they are doing some repaints.  T.rex is an obvious choice due to Rex Appeal. And when it comes to a Rex in that size, it was either that one or the even older one:

The fact that other major companies have tripods too might have just encouraged them even more.

Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.