News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, January 21, 2020, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like that older one. I had him as a little kid along with a Triceratops.  I lost him for years and finally found him outside when moving things around our garage..was like finding gold.

Flaffy

I asked Bullyland Germany's instagram about the retired museum exclusives, and this was their response:

Well, it's not a dead robot response like Battat so that's something. Maybe if more of us message them to express interest in the retired triassic gems, they'll consider re-releasing them again?

bmathison1972

the baby mammoth (from their FB page):

Shonisaurus

I'm glad that they reissue again is Bullyland's baby mammoth I was looking for her without success on eBay and I suppose they would sell it at an impossible price for me and second-hand.

Hooray for Bullyland !!

Loon

Is this a new sculpt? It looks really good, if I can get it, I'll replace my Safari Baby Mammoth.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Loon on February 16, 2020, 04:52:48 PM
Is this a new sculpt? It looks really good, if I can get it, I'll replace my Safari Baby Mammoth.

No, Mammoth Calf from Bullyland was one of the rarest figure in Bully catalog.
It's a new edition (I hope..).

Loon

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow that gives me hope they'll release some other rarities (mastodonsaurus, please).

SidB

Killekor

What a cute Baby Mammoth! It's surely my favorite one of all the mammoth figures I saw until now!
I didn't know it's existence, but in any case I'm happy that bullyland is reissuing it so I can get one!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Dinoxels

I feel like the legs are a bit too big, but it's really cute!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DC

The Mosasaur looks like the Papo figure, the T rex and Tric are about 1/2 the size of the old Museum figures. Looks like some repaints of the mini figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Well, the T.rex is already confirmed to be a redeco of the old mini.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

austrosaurus

While more companies producing models is always a good thing, if this is the kind of quality they're going to be bringing to the table then their return to the market will be short-lived indeed and when they do leave again I don't think they'll be too sorely missed.

SidB

Hopefully these are just the beginning of BETTER things to come.

CityRaptor

As mentioned before I think they only have a limited budget for new olds at the moment. Which likely was used up for some new modern animals and this guy:
Oh no

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 01, 2020, 03:37:34 PM
Fair enough. To quote Libraraptor:
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 31, 2020, 03:21:37 PM
And it is by no means vintage. It is not new,  either.

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 01, 2020, 10:38:51 AM
;D  I actually meant the Bullyland company.

Guess it applies to both. Which makes me wonder if we ever see their old model kits again.

Okay, here is my theory about the situation:
Bullyland has a new investor, but they are limited regarding the budget for new molds, so they are doing some repaints.  T.rex is an obvious choice due to Rex Appeal. And when it comes to a Rex in that size, it was either that one or the even older one:

The fact that other major companies have tripods too might have just encouraged them even more.
I think I'm going to borrow the phrase "Rex Appeal".
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

DC

Dean Walker says he heard the 3 new figures are not going forward this year but there will be pictures in the next PT. many of the announced figures from several companies may not ship this year because of the lock downs
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Makes sense.

As the Trike ist most likely going to be a repaint aswell, it is only about color anyways. And of course which one of Bullyland's small Trike molds it is, as there are two. Although I expect it being the one that came out around the same time as the Rex they are repainting.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 22, 2020, 07:06:32 PM
I think I'm going to borrow the phrase "Rex Appeal".

I didn't come up with it either.
Oh no

Shonisaurus

By the way, will Bullyland when it comes to its dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals like mammoth farming be made from the same material the brand previously used? Or have they changed their material to a less resistant one but in which the sculpture is more detailed?

DinoToyCollector

From a conversation with a reliable source, I do not believe that Bullyland will soon produce anything other than old models with a new color. All of the models we saw were created by reusing the injection molds bought because of the bankruptcy.
I can also say that Bullyland's delivery difficulties are not necessarily caused by the virus. If you want to save a company, but only buy the molds and the name, but forget the rest like the factory and the employees, it will be a long process until we can ever expect something NEW.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.