News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Hi all, I finally have decided to reorganize my collection. So, I figured I'd share some of my progress.

This bookcase is soon going to be joined by a second one, where I'll put the remaining figures from my storage bin.

I still have a Mattel Storage bin I have to go through, too.

Not the most elaborate or organized display, I know, but I thought it would something fun to share. I'll post some more photos later this week when the second bookcase is set up.

Let me know what you think!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I just saw this on Facebook and nearly commented there, I will comment here instead.
Your collection is very nice and you have lots of lovely figures. I can't see an ugly figure here (except some of the Mattel imo). Almost as crowded as mine lol.

I didn't realise the Carnegie Mammoth was so big, now I wish it wasn't so hard to get hold of. Never mind though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Mellow Stego

That PNSO ceratosaurus looks like it trying to take a bite out of that Brachiosaurus.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

By the way, the basilosaurus that is resting on the Collecta guidraco, can it be the Recur basilosaurus? It is impossible to locate these figures in online stores to bring them to my nation, and I am sincerely interested in Recur's basilosaurus, liopleurodon and dunkleosteus apart from that I am interested in theropods but unfortunately no online store brings them to Spain.

Congratulations on your collection is super cool.

Libraraptor

Loon

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really appreciate it.

Bokisaurus

Always great to see collection photos!
😂 I feel ya about storage bins, that's how the majority of my collection is displayed right now😂

On the first shelf next to the CollectA dunkly, what is that small mammal looking figure?

Loon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 27, 2020, 07:00:07 PM
On the first shelf next to the CollectA dunkly, what is that small mammal looking figure?

If we're thinking about the same mammal, that's the Paleo-Creatures Pakicetus.

Roselaar

Wonderful collection! That's one amazingly huge Ceratosaurus.

Loon

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Loon

Hi all, here are some recent additions. Photos were a little hard to get, as most of my house has terrible lighting, but, the kitchen counter will work just fine. So, sorry if my dogs Karen and Fonzie photobomb most of these pics.

Sound Strike Cryolophosaurus
Probably my favorite JW figure so far this year. I think, based solely on this figure, Sound Strike is the best version of the Roarivore size range.

With the Carnegie Collection version.

Massive Biters Tarbosaurus
I like this guy; the sculpt's quite good actually. The gimmick is pretty underwhelming though. I wish the tail could articulate the head like the Sound Strike figures.

With the Favorite figure.

Walking With Dinosaurs Troodon
I've never bought a figure from this series, and was a little worried after seeing some reports of them breaking easy. This guy is a little lose and worn in some spots, but overall, he's fine. The torso's a little weirdly flat on the bottom.

Battat Tyrannosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus
I used to have all of the Battat reissues, but sold them when I was in a bit of a strait. Luckily, Amazon has these all for pretty cheap, so I was able to get them again. The Battat Tyrannosaurus is still the definitive T. rex to me, I love this figure so much. The Acrocanthosaurus in the other hand... I have never liked this figure. At least not this version.

Carnegie Collection Styracosaurus
I'm a big Styracosaurus fan, and have been on a bit of a Carnegie kick, so I really wanted this one. I love the colors on this one, I think it's honestly one of my favorite color schemes on any toy I own.

Halichoeres

Nice collection! You have made rapid progress. What are you using to elevate the figures at the rear of each shelf?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The tarbosaurus and cryolophosaurus impress a lot in your collection.

Carnegie's styracosaurus what times! and to think that it was one of my first styracosaurus that I had in my collection.

The beautiful tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus of Battat.

The WWD troodon (the Walt Disney movie) is another beautiful addition.

I congratulate you Loon you have made very good acquisitions.

Loon

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 31, 2020, 04:48:42 PM
What are you using to elevate the figures at the rear of each shelf?

I use these: Plastic Bathroom Tray - Made By Design. I stack a few of them to create "staircases". I primarily use the small ones, but, I have a few larger ones as well.

I got the Idea from D @Dinoguy2's YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/Fokm0dP0Fr0

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Some recent arrivals:

Safari Qianzhousaurus (2020)

Safari Concavenator (2020)

Carnegie & Safari (2020) Dilophosaurus

Takara Tomy Ania Futabasuaurus

Carnegie Plateosaurus

BOTM Monoclonius Pin

Carnegie Woolly Mammoth
This one's got a bit of a story to it. I love the Carnegie Mammoth, and the one I had was so scuffed and beat up I wanted an upgrade.

I found a guy selling one cheap about a half-hour away in Anaheim, so I made the trip out there on Wednesday. As soon as I hand the guy the cash, he asks me, "so, what do you think about these Dinosaurs?" I had no idea what he was talking about for a second until he elaborated. "Do you believe everything they show you in Jurassic Park?" he asked. For about 10 minutes, he went on (while we were in intense wind, mind you) about how museums lie to us, and are run by atheists who are hiding the skeletons of 30 foot tall giant humans. All I did was nod and go "yeah" to everything he said, hoping he would would stop talking to me. Oh well, I like the Mammoth figure.

Next to my old beat up figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Great additions! Nice to see old Carnegie Dilophosaurus are same size as new one. That Plateosaurus looks better than I thought too.

That Mammoth still looks fine to me...
That story though. I've only met one person like that
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 07, 2020, 09:51:18 PM
Great additions! Nice to see old Carnegie Dilophosaurus are same size as new one. That Plateosaurus looks better than I thought too.

That Mammoth still looks fine to me...
That story though. I've only met one person like that

Thanks. I guess I'm just anal about figures I really like.

Killekor

Thanks for showing us the photos of your recent acquisitions, Loon!
The new Safari figures look amazing! What's your opinion on them?

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.