News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor 2020

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, January 29, 2020, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just saw the new Alien/T-Rex , X-Rex/Broodlord was out at Everything Dinosaur and Minizoo.

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/rebor-broodlord-x-rex-metallic-variant/?fbclid=IwAR2CvXOriEFRIL6nsVGdv6d3GXe3gFduNTaLk8eaMnG_0ZrpLpe0OqeP1Jk

https://www.minizoo.com.au/rebor-broodlord-x-rex-metal-variant-1-35-scale/

It looks big and impressive. I kind of like the other style/paint scheme more though. I read if it's coming out or not.

cooksonia

Got this today from Everything Dinosaur. I collect Alien figures and when I saw it on the ED site I thought I would get myself one. Not an action figure  but a static model. Rather like the Kotobukiya Artfx series and on par with those figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

looks pretty cool, U.S. stores still havent received stock of it yet.

Josesaurus rex

Hi. Have you seen the new skulls that Rebor presented? In my opinion they look quite accurate regarding fossils.

This is the link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2747913952002262&id=555146104612402

mgaguilar

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on April 29, 2020, 07:27:48 AM
Hi. Have you seen the new skulls that Rebor presented? In my opinion they look quite accurate regarding fossils.

This is the link

So the Rebor Oddities skull set, Titanoboa, Alpha Mountain Gorilla (hopefully 2020) need to be added to the top post.

We're still waiting on announcements about the Grab & Go Tyrannosaurus, GnG Spinosaurus, newly announced Crimson King Requiem Carnotaurus & Ekrixinatosaurus, Smilodon, Lich Tyrannosaurus, King Trident Male Triceratops (December 2020), and carcass Protoceratops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 29, 2020, 10:33:45 PM
Quote from: Josesaurus rex on April 29, 2020, 07:27:48 AM

This is the link

So the Rebor Oddities skull set, Titanoboa, Alpha Mountain Gorilla (hopefully 2020) need to be added to the top post.

We're still waiting on announcements about the Grab & Go Tyrannosaurus, GnG Spinosaurus, newly announced Crimson King Requiem Carnotaurus & Ekrixinatosaurus, Smilodon, Lich Tyrannosaurus, King Trident Male Triceratops (December 2020), and carcass Protoceratops.

Anyone have pic link that are not on facebook? I can add them from there but they will vanish after awhile.

This guy is finally shipping in July :

There are pics out now of the Carnotaurus and non-horned carnotaurus. 

Pics of the Compsognathus dissection are also out.

tanystropheus

Hmmm...the bite marks on its head...are they from another T-rex?

Also, was the Komodo Dragon/(or out of scale Megalania) a European exclusive as I don't see it on BBTS.

I will probably pick up the black Kong along with the V-rex to complete the set (although, the Primal Rage colors are super tempting). I already preordered the Titanboa.

I think its pretty safe to say that the original Crimson King has been discontinued as REBOR hasn't commented on its status at all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Considering the width of the JP Spino's head I think you could safely say either would work. lol

I just double checked, my Broodlord has been on preorder since the first of January with BBTS, I know one thing after another slowed production and delivery, but I wonder if they may just not get this one?

Shonisaurus

I would like to have all the paint versions of the deceased Rebor tyrannosaurus rex in July this year. That figure promises as a high quality figure.

Over time I will also buy the three versions of the Rebor mountain gorilla, although I will not buy the one from the bigbadtoystore because, as it is a non-EU store, they would impose tariff rates.

Flaffy

Still not a fan of the over-texturing. It's especially noticeable in their JP-inspired pieces. (Cue the Dilophosaurus pair)

Over9K

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 04, 2020, 04:02:43 PMAlso, was the Komodo Dragon/(or out of scale Megalania) a European exclusive as I don't see it on BBTS.

The only place I saw to get the Komodo was Everything Dinosaur, or Lana Toys on Amazon... I'm hoping that BBTS gets the rest of the GNG line...

mgaguilar

Those Tyrannosaurus carcasses are two different figures right? One looks like the rebor Killer Queen carcass, and the other (the top/left) looks like a JP Tyrannosaurus. It seems there are slight variation in the skull, though it could just be me being crazy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 05, 2020, 09:54:27 AM
Those Tyrannosaurus carcasses are two different figures right? One looks like the rebor Killer Queen carcass, and the other (the top/left) looks like a JP Tyrannosaurus. It seems there are slight variation in the skull, though it could just be me being crazy.

I think it's a difference in what the paint is highlighting? The jaw also seems to be articulated.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2020, 04:04:50 PM
Considering the width of the JP Spino's head I think you could safely say either would work. lol

That would be great if REBOR didn't cancel their JP Spino  :(

Rain

Probably not intentional on their part but I do see what you mean. The one on the left has a more slender skull and the mandible isn't as pronounced. It also has a noticeably smaller dewlap.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rain on May 05, 2020, 04:06:47 PM

Probably not intentional on their part but I do see what you mean. The one on the left has a more slender skull and the mandible isn't as pronounced. It also has a noticeably smaller dewlap.

Maybe one is the paint master prototype?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 05, 2020, 03:46:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2020, 04:04:50 PM

That would be great if REBOR didn't cancel their JP Spino  :(

You have nanmu and Papp still

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 05, 2020, 03:46:50 PM

I hope it looks good along with the NECA Aliens models. I have a few of them, including the Queen.

Yes, I will be getting the V-Rex as well. I've held off on it because I wanted to pick it up with the Kong model.

[/quote]

Yes definitely! I'm thinking of buying some NECA figures to complement the Broodlord. You have any recommendations? Do you have any?

indohyus

And Monty is on the way! Has he been selected for review? Cus if not, I'd be happy to review him.

Over9K

BBTS opened pre-orders for the "Gorilla Z" line... $31.99 + $4 shipping for an October release...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.