News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor 2020

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, January 29, 2020, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the two 1:35 scale tyrannosaurus rex are very nice figures, they are appetizing, but I prefer to reserve the money for the carnotaurus, ekrixinatosaurus and smilodon of Rebor for the price of four of those tyrannosaurus I can buy (I suppose) any of the other three figures. Undoubtedly, in my case, I am more interested in unpublished prehistoric animals such as the ehrixinatosaurus or the smilodon, which will surely be the best figure I will have of that saber-toothed cat or even the carnotaurus in that new version based on the Disney movies.

Lanthanotus

Hmm... indeed.... I love that sculpt from laterl view, but really, dorsal view
looks very off and emaciated. Will think again of purchasing that one....

suspsy

Yeesh. I thought it was so-so before; now it's genuinely poor. It's especially odd given how none of Rebor's fantasy T. rexes appear to be anywhere near that skinny.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Carnoking

Well I guess since I don't intend to display it on its side I can live with it. I wonder if it was as much a decision to keep cost of materials down as it was an aesthetic choice.

Bread

It does look way skinnier than I anticipated. If they were to add quite a bit of weight to it, this Tyrannosaurus could have been one of the best representations of it on the market. They even have a clear plastic stand for it, you would think they could add some more weight to the poor fella.

terrorchicken

was looking forward to this one for the price, but..pass. Hopefully the spino will look better.

Fenestra

Quote from: Carnoking on November 22, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
Well I guess since I don't intend to display it on its side I can live with it. I wonder if it was as much a decision to keep cost of materials down as it was an aesthetic choice.

If you're planning to display it only from the left or right side, a cut out photo, glued on card board, would be your cheapest choice. 
Same viewing pleasure, and just as thin.

I kid, I kid!  ;D

SidB

It IS startlingly thin. I was wondering what the concern was about until I looked at the dorsal aspect that that the reviewer has displayed. I know that Araki, for instance,  has sculpted some quite lean and mean figures for Favorite in the past, especially his Allosaurus (v. 2), but wow, this figure caught me by surprise.

Takama

Sure is nice to see how much Rebor Really Cares about there so called "Accurate" Rexes Compared to there Fictional ones ::)

Halichoeres

Good gracious it looks like a whippet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 05:48:45 AM
Yes we are fully capable of creating very scientifically accurate figures

The good news is through making those "awesomebro" figures over the years we've managed to save some money to launch the GNG line which offers affordable and scientifically accurate figures

Carnoking

Quote from: Fenestra on November 22, 2020, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 22, 2020, 06:25:36 PM

If you're planning to display it only from the left or right side, a cut out photo, glued on card board, would be your cheapest choice. 
Same viewing pleasure, and just as thin.

I kid, I kid!  ;D

That's a good point though, you've given me a lot to think about!

cooksonia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 30, 2020, 08:40:24 PM
The two color variants of tyrannosaurus rex can now be preordered at shop.modellpferdeversand.de They will be available in September.

On the other hand the three variants of mountain gorilla "I call them King Kong" are available at shop.modellpferdeversand.de in November but your preorder is now available.

Thanks I'll take a look at those Kong jacksoni

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.