Author Topic: PNSOŚNew for 2020  (Read 35930 times)

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery on Deviant Art
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member , 5,209 posts , Joined Jul 2008
Re: PNSOŚNew for 2020
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 12:24:30 AM »
The babies are adorable but they are almost too adorable. They look like they are not meant to fit in with the adult animals? As a line of their own they are really precious, tho. Precious Moments in dinosaur form. That Rex baby reminds of a little bird that wants to be fed.

As Jack Horner said, baby animals are supposed to look cute, it's possible all the infant characteristics we observe is what makes an adult animal want to care for its young, at least in part.  So i guess cuteness is a survival trait lol

Gothmog the Baryonyx

• Precambrian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx walkeri
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 03:27:00 AM »
Those look adorable. Even though I generally don't go for this sort of thing, I want them (unless they turn out to be huge statues of course)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulndadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Halzskaraptor, Caihong

PhilSauria

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 04:54:10 AM »
Definitely getting these two if I can.

Apart from the fact that these are so unusual I have become a bit of a PNSO addict over the last couple of years with over two dozen of their releases on my shelves now and it's been a while since I've had a 'fix' - good to see that PNSO is still releasing product!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:54:48 AM by PhilSauria »

Ravonium

• Silurian survivor
  • Emu war jokes are old now; it's time for a reboot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
These figures, as well done and cute as they are, aren't really my thing, but I am quite glad to see they're still releasing new figures  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:37:34 AM by Ravonium »
(a.k.a. Badger, on the ATF)

SidB

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
Definitely getting these two if I can.

Apart from the fact that these are so unusual I have become a bit of a PNSO addict over the last couple of years with over two dozen of their releases on my shelves now and it's been a while since I've had a 'fix' - good to see that PNSO is still releasing product!
I know the lure! I can feel the siren call - my partial antidote is to limit myself to the 1/32-1/35-1/40 range.

Duna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »
The babies are adorable but they are almost too adorable. They look like they are not meant to fit in with the adult animals? As a line of their own they are really precious, tho. Precious Moments in dinosaur form. That Rex baby reminds of a little bird that wants to be fed.

As Jack Horner said, baby animals are supposed to look cute, it's possible all the infant characteristics we observe is what makes an adult animal want to care for its young, at least in part.  So i guess cuteness is a survival trait lol
So right. Baby birds with feathers and baby reptiles (I bred pet birds and reptiles) are absolutely cute. Newborn lizards make you melt!:)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:58:11 PM by Duna »

Sarapaurolophus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 02:05:47 PM »

Yeah, I am aware. It's more about the art style. PNSO has released baby dinosaurs before and they looked pretty cute and while posed with the adults they seemed to match (not really about their size but the way they are sculpted. These look more like they are supposed to be a thing of their own. A little more cutesy/chubby. It's hard to explain, that's why I compared them to Precious Moments. Like, their cuteness is pumped up to the max ;D

The longer I look at them the more I want to make a nest and put them all in. PNSO has done their job well!

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery on Deviant Art
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member , 5,209 posts , Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »

Yeah, I am aware. It's more about the art style. PNSO has released baby dinosaurs before and they looked pretty cute and while posed with the adults they seemed to match (not really about their size but the way they are sculpted. These look more like they are supposed to be a thing of their own. A little more cutesy/chubby. It's hard to explain, that's why I compared them to Precious Moments. Like, their cuteness is pumped up to the max ;D

The longer I look at them the more I want to make a nest and put them all in. PNSO has done their job well!

If you mean the mini line then the difference could be a question of scale. These are, probably, larger than the one to two inch mini figures, much more room for detail. Thus more obvious.

I still hope the are larger sized, my collecting needs to at least try to line up with Park uses...

ceratopsian

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »
Dan's Dinosaurs posted this "Sneak Peek" of PNSO models "coming soon" on Facebook not long ago:

Some are clearly the high-end statues we had news of earlier.  But some are not!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:16:36 PM by ceratopsian »

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Protoceratops
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
Interested in what those top models are going to be. Maybe the 1/35 line?

Jose S.M.

• Triassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
I hope those collectible models refer to the likes of Spinops, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus, Dakosaurus.

Flaffy

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Sinoceratops
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »
My guesses:
P. lakustai
Charonosaurus / Parasaurolophus
Tyrannosaurus

No idea on the nodosaur though, any guesses from you guys?

ceratopsian

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
Interested in what those top models are going to be. Maybe the 1/35 line?

I wondered that too.  No sign of bases, so maybe!

ceratopsian

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »
Mind you, I think there are quite enough Tyrannosaurus models in the PNSO catalogue already!  But happily looking forward to the others.  And no, I wouldn't hazard a guess on the nodosaur!

ItsTwentyBelow

• Reviewer
  • Zooarchaeologist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Parasaurolophus
  • v.1 status and posts: Joined Feb. 2008, 351 posts
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »
Wow! Look at the four new collectible figures! YES.

Looks like Pachyrhinosaurus, Edmontonia, and maybe the hadrosaur is Charonosaurus? Don't know what the theropod could be. I have no other info, but I'm positive these are for the 1:35 to 1:40 scale line based upon the tripod pose of that theropod. That's a "PVC" pose if I ever saw one.

These already look awesome, please let photos come soon!

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Protoceratops
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
Wow! Look at the four new collectible figures! YES.

Looks like Pachyrhinosaurus, Edmontonia, and maybe the hadrosaur is Charonosaurus? Don't know what the theropod could be. I have no other info, but I'm positive these are for the 1:35 to 1:40 scale line based upon the tripod pose of that theropod. That's a "PVC" pose if I ever saw one.

These already look awesome, please let photos come soon!

No doubt the theropod's a T. rex. Also, I'd love if the hadrosaur wasn't Parasaurolophus, but I feel like these are all more well known dinos. Still they'll probably be must gets if they're like the Ankylosaurus or Stegosaurus.

Also, I love that Dan's Dinosaurs is revealing these. Hoping this is the start of a partnership that'd make these figures easier to get in the states.

Jose S.M.

• Triassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
Maybe the nodosaur is Borealopelta? If it's Edmontonia it would be nice too, the only other one easily available is the CollectA one, which is not bad but can be improved.

Sarapaurolophus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »
No way I can afford the limited edition pieces, so I am a little sad all that feathered goodness won't find its way to me. Super sad considering one looks to be resting?
But seeing PNSO make one of my top faves kinda makes up for it. The Parasaurolophus is in the usual striding pose but the way it holds its head looks nice and graceful and the hooves/gloves look good already. Can't wait to see it in full. I really love how they do herbivores.

Hope its colors won't be too dull. That bit Dan revealed here looks beige and beige is boring :P

Dan

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Dan's Dinosaurs
  • v.1 status and posts: Ancient Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »
I have a feeling that reclining theropod will make for an egg-ceptional display.

Faelrin

• Reviewer
  • Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 08:20:08 PM »
I'm the most interested in what both the hadrosaur (either Parasaurolophus or Charonosaurus) and nodosaurid will be (edit: leaning on Borealopelta for now due to the curve and shape of the spikes). The ceratopsian is very likely Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai at least. I hope these will be in 1/35 scale though, like their Amargasaurus from last year.

Anyone recognize the pterosaur genus the one statue was based on? It looks familiar to me but the name escapes me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:27:25 PM by Faelrin »
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702.0

For a list of what formations the Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor and ceratopsian series species (including some possible tyrannosaurids) were found, go here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg239970#msg239970