News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Artificial Animals - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, February 07, 2020, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

New releases:

Bust of Andalgalornis:

Bust of Australopithecus:

Bust of Inostrancevia:

Life-size Seymouria model:

For those who like a little bit of the Permian in their garden.

Thylacosmilus:

Tiktaalik:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

That's awesome. Far too big and, most likely, expensive for me. But it's always nice to see an obscure weirdo get some love.

SidB

I'm confident that my wife would love to see one of these sprawled out in our living room!

stargatedalek

Any information about availability or pricing? Life sized prehistoric animals as garden decorations is something I had never considered, but it's an interesting idea for sure. That's how I got a lot of my 1:1 birds...

indohyus

Well, can't say I'd seen this coming. Gotta wonder what it's made of, weight would effect price. Hollow one wouldn't be too bad

Killekor

That Seymouria model is really impressive! It looks alive, and it almost scares me in it's realism. Congratulations to the sculptor!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

Yeah, personally I prefer things smaller than life size unless they're very tiny organisms to start with. But I bought some of their previous releases because I had to have those fishes.

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2020, 07:33:01 PM
Any information about availability or pricing? Life sized prehistoric animals as garden decorations is something I had never considered, but it's an interesting idea for sure. That's how I got a lot of my 1:1 birds...

They're hand-cast and hand-painted, so they are expensive. The most expensive one I bought was the Falcatus, which was €350. The Seymouria is bigger, but doesn't require a base and stand, so I dunno. As for availability, he seems to make them to order in batches. I requested five, and it took about two months from the initial request to final delivery.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

I have often joked with my husband about having the odd prehistoric model in our garden.  This would look quite good by our pond!  But I don't love it enough to shell out for it.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 07, 2020, 04:35:28 PM
The first 2020 release from Artificial Animals is this life-size Seymouria model:

For those who like a little bit of the Permian in their garden.

Hmm, I should try to contact the Whitside Museum about this, seeing as they operate in Seymouria's namesake hometown of Seymour, TX.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be nice if Safari would make something like this, I'm reminded of their life size reptiles.

Lanthanotus

Their fish do reaaly look good, but that Seymouria does not strike me as very authentic....those eyes and fleshless teeth...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2020, 12:53:55 AM
Would be nice if Safari would make something like this, I'm reminded of their life size reptiles.
I'd buy an Incredible Creatures sized Seymouria, but I'd honestly prefer a Permian Toob. Then again, I'm not running a dinosaur park!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 12, 2020, 11:17:30 AM
Their fish do reaaly look good, but that Seymouria does not strike me as very authentic....those eyes and fleshless teeth...
I agree, this is not his best work. I think his dinosaurs are also not very good. The fish are pretty good.

For those who aren't aware, the rest of the Artificial Animals line is shown here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8435.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 14, 2020, 04:11:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2020, 12:53:55 AM
I'd buy an Incredible Creatures sized Seymouria, but I'd honestly prefer a Permian Toob. Then again, I'm not running a dinosaur park!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 12, 2020, 11:17:30 AM
I agree, this is not his best work. I think his dinosaurs are also not very good. The fish are pretty good.

For those who aren't aware, the rest of the Artificial Animals line is shown here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8435.0

I'm a bit surprised Safari has never made a nice big Trilobite, of all the non dinosaur prehistoric critters you would think they would..but we did get an ammonite so..

Halichoeres

Another new release from Artificial Animals: a HUGE Tiktaalik roseae (over 1 meter):

Halichoeres

Avian

Those models are very beautiful, but most likely much too expensive for me. I have never heard of this brand before, but I am already a fan. However, it is probably the angle of the photo, but does that Tiktaalik's head look strange? It appears to only have one eye.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Loon

Quote from: MammothProductions on April 29, 2020, 03:45:13 AM
Those models are very beautiful, but most likely much too expensive for me. I have never heard of this brand before, but I am already a fan. However, it is probably the angle of the photo, but does that Tiktaalik's head look strange? It appears to only have one eye.

It has two, the other eye is just covered by the eyelid from this angle.

Shonisaurus

These figures are suitable for purchase by a dinosaur theme park or a museum for a private individual, even having a very large chalet I do not think I could store those figures.

The truth is that they are very well made figures. The thylacosmilus looks great has hair on its body, but I mean not sculpted but real hair, it looks like a live thylacosmilus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: MammothProductions on April 29, 2020, 03:45:13 AM

It's actually just one Spanish artist. I have several of his Paleozoic fishes, I can definitely recommend them, though as you guess they are a bit expensive.

Hynerpeton

Would love these in the yard. So cool.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.