News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

X-Plus/Star Ace

Started by Over9K, February 09, 2020, 03:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooksonia

Japanese stuff is always pricey I'm afraid.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had figured about 150 or so. It's def more than I thought.

Note while I like BBTS's shipping, they add tax that really bumps up the price.

Subtotal:$259.99
Estimated Shipping:$4.00
Estimated Tax: $25.00
Pre-order Total:$288.99

Over9K

Yeah, BBTS was required by law to start taking sales tax from relevant customers in November of last year I believe... I'm looking at $220 for the Allosaurus alone at the moment, unless Hobby Search comes through with a big discount... I can't go with Awesome Collector, because I have to push the payment until after May, I have a $500 X-Plus Gigantic Series '74 MechaGodzilla to pay for...

Over9K

Well... will wonders ever cease... Hobby Search has opened pre-orders for the Ray Harryhausen 100 Years Anniversary Series One Million Years B.C. Allosaurus And Tumak, and for once, it appears that North American collectors are getting a break, as both Awesome Collector and BBTS are very much less expensive than Hobby Search, despite their 6,400¥ discount! The SRP for the Allosaurus/Tumak set in Japan is 35,200¥ ($331.65), after discount they've got it for 28,800¥ ($271.35) before shipping, which will be $50 or more.

Even just the Allosaurus alone is 21,600¥ ($203.50) before shipping, so BBTS and Awesome Collector are at least $50 cheaper for that!

There must be some kind of distribution deal going on for these...

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's interesting.   I did try to get BBTS to let me use our tax exempt since  I will be using these in our dino museum eventually... no word yet though.

Awesome Collector looks to have a preorder deal where they wont charge you until it's released?

Over9K

X-Plus/StarAce has teased the next One Million Years B.C. dinosaur to be released in the Ray Harryhausen 100 Years Anniversary Series... The Mighty Triceratops!

Blade-of-the-Moon

wonder what the exclusive will be?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 22, 2020, 02:42:57 PM
wonder what the exclusive will be?

I'm assuming they'll pair Loana (Rachel Welch) with the Pteranodon, but I'd expect each dinosaur to be paired with a human character. Perhaps the Trike will come with Ahot, the shell tribe leader, Tumak's main rival on that side...

cooksonia

brettnj

While I don't know anything about these nor what we could do price-wise, and though I think we had a private request a few months ago, I also notice that no one mentioned getting them through us.  Not sure if everyone realizes we'll buy anything (at all, not even toy-related) from Japan--not just Gashapon and smaller toys.

Please ask if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Over9K

Well, I was wrong... the human paired with the Triceratops is Loana!

Preorders are open at AwesomeCollector, $184.99 +$15 shipping for a total of $259.99 for the Deluxe set with both figures, $184.99 + $15 shipping for a total of $199.99 for the Triceratops alone. These are scheduled to be released in December.

Gwangi

Ugh, I want these Harryhausen figures so bad but they're so far from my price range. I wish they would release more affordable versions of these like the King Kong T. rex or the Sinbad figures. I have those and their original prices were far more reasonable.

RobinGoodfellow

..next figure in the "One Million Years BC / Harryhausen" line will be a Ceratosaurus:

Link:  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/star-ace-reveals-upcoming-keratosaurus/

:)

CityRaptor

Looking good, but way out of my price range. Ah well, I prefer smaller Retrosaurs anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wonder what the exclusive will be?   We haven't even received the first figure yet and this is the third preorder.  Guess I'll jump in when Awesome Collector updates with it :  https://awesomecollector.com/search?type=product&q=ONE+MILLION+YEARS+B.C.

RobinGoodfellow

Two new vinyl figures from the "Harryhausen" line: Ymil & Cyclop

https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/star-ace-and-x-plus-preview-upcoming-harryhausen-vinyls/

:)

CityRaptor

That would be Ymir, the unlucky Venusian who got abducted mistreated by humans. So yeah, another monster being a victim of humanity.  Fun fact: One of the German titles for that one was "Dinosaurier bedrohen Rom" ( Dinosaurs threaten Rome   ), you know, despite it being an alien and there being only one. ( On Earth, that is. )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Article here with a video of the Allosaurus unboxing..hopefully it means this will soon be available for shipping.  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/kaiju-curry-house-talks-ray-harryhausen-and-star-ace/

Looks like a lot more Harryhausen pieces were also premiered :  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/star-ace-upcoming-ray-harryhausen-creature-vinyls/

The Rhedosaurus is a must have, same for Gwangi.  The Ceratosaurus looks HUGE with that base now.

cooksonia

Thanks for the link. Some, that I am familiar with, have some problems as to their film accuracy. However some are being produced for the first time as a finished pvc/vinyl figure (if they come to market). All the dinosaur figures fall into this category I believe. The X Plus figures of 20 years or so ago did not include them because they were all licensed from Columbia pictures not Warner or Hammer.

Over9K

WIP Gwangi prototype... probably late '21 or '22 release...

One Million Years B.C. Ceratosaurus prototype, with a look at the base and the extra...

Beast From 20,000 Fathoms Rhedosaurus prototype...

DefoReal Rhedosaurus...

20 Million Miles To Earth Ymir prototype...

Jason and the Argonauts Talos WIP prototype....

Clash Of The Titans Kraken WIP prototype...

Harryhausen releases display overview...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.