News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

X-Plus/Star Ace

Started by Over9K, February 09, 2020, 03:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 17, 2020, 08:50:30 PM
Article here with a video of the Allosaurus unboxing..hopefully it means this will soon be available for shipping.  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/kaiju-curry-house-talks-ray-harryhausen-and-star-ace/

Looks like a lot more Harryhausen pieces were also premiered :  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/star-ace-upcoming-ray-harryhausen-creature-vinyls/

The Rhedosaurus is a must have, same for Gwangi.  The Ceratosaurus looks HUGE with that base now.

Japan got their Allosaurus release 6 weeks ago. Not sure why North American release has taken so much longer.

Over9K

Quote from: cooksonia on November 25, 2020, 10:40:36 AM
Thanks for the link. Some, that I am familiar with, have some problems as to their film accuracy. However some are being produced for the first time as a finished pvc/vinyl figure (if they come to market). All the dinosaur figures fall into this category I believe. The X Plus figures of 20 years or so ago did not include them because they were all licensed from Columbia pictures not Warner or Hammer.

X-Plus did a smaller Gwangi once before, that was bundled with a DVD release of the film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on November 26, 2020, 10:10:02 PM
Article here with a video of the Allosaurus unboxing..hopefully it means this will soon be available for shipping.  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/kaiju-curry-house-talks-ray-harryhausen-and-star-ace/

Looks like a lot more Harryhausen pieces were also premiered :  https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/star-ace-upcoming-ray-harryhausen-creature-vinyls/

The Rhedosaurus is a must have, same for Gwangi.  The Ceratosaurus looks HUGE with that base now.

Japan got their Allosaurus release 6 weeks ago. Not sure why North American release has taken so much longer.

Looks like everywhere is still waiting from what I can tell. I thought Awesome Collector mentioned it last month but  i can't find the newsletter.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2020, 12:24:16 AM

Looks like everywhere is still waiting from what I can tell. I thought Awesome Collector mentioned it last month but  i can't find the newsletter.

I thought the same thing... every time I get an email from him, I get excited, and then disappointed...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on November 27, 2020, 12:47:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2020, 12:24:16 AM

I thought the same thing... every time I get an email from him, I get excited, and then disappointed...

I know he was a bit cheaper, but I may go with BBTS for future pieces. It's just hard to keep up with all the different places I have preorders.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2020, 02:24:50 AMI know he was a bit cheaper, but I may go with BBTS for future pieces. It's just hard to keep up with all the different places I have preorders.

BBTS is notoriously horrid on the X-Plus stuff. That may not be the case on the Star Ace releases, because those are intended for the North American market, but on the imported X-Plus-branded stuff, particularly the Kaiju, the markup and the wait is heinous. Stuff that gets released in Japan won't have shipped from BBTS 4, 5 or 6 months later. YMMV.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on November 27, 2020, 05:20:21 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2020, 02:24:50 AMI know he was a bit cheaper, but I may go with BBTS for future pieces. It's just hard to keep up with all the different places I have preorders.

BBTS is notoriously horrid on the X-Plus stuff. That may not be the case on the Star Ace releases, because those are intended for the North American market, but on the imported X-Plus-branded stuff, particularly the Kaiju, the markup and the wait is heinous. Stuff that gets released in Japan won't have shipped from BBTS 4, 5 or 6 months later. YMMV.

They are slow for sure, but my other popular shop option is EE. Both are easier for me to keep track of orders.  I think the cost on these weren't a lot different maybe 15-20.00? From the various retailers, so your probably right.  Sideshow also has it up but  i do think they were more if I recall correctly.   

cooksonia

The Allosaurus is released mid Feb according to my supplier

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: cooksonia on December 16, 2020, 11:56:08 PM
The Allosaurus is released mid Feb according to my supplier

Awesome collector said they are getting some in soo, but just the dino , not the set yet.

cooksonia

I didn't order the set just the dino but I expect that's released as well

Over9K

Awesome Collector got payment for the Allosaurus couple days ago. Hoping to see it shipped in the next week...

Over9K

Box Day Allosaurus! I'm enjoying seeing X-Plus' skill at capturing detail being applied to these Harryhausen characters. The Allosaurus paint scheme is subtle, but filled with deep detail. It has a hand-made feel to the sculpt, that captures the essence of the original filming models. Do think they could have gotten away with a pose that put the tail on the ground, eliminating the need for the tail stand. Otherwise, a real treasure for Harryhausen, or old-school dinosaur freaks.

cooksonia

Thanks Over4k for posting these pics. Yes that tail stand is a bit, shall we say, awkward looking. The expression is like in the film. I am happy with what I see considering I had zero expectations of ever seeing figures from this movie

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice video review.  Hopefully the set being out somewhere means AC will have theirs in stock soon.

dragon53

Any updates on when the Rhedosaurus will be shipped?

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on September 21, 2021, 02:41:21 PM
Any updates on when the Rhedosaurus will be shipped?

Looks like both colors of the Rhedosaurus have been pushed back to October.

dragon53

OVER9K:

Thanks for the update.

dragon53

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.