News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Dino-Riders on the horizon?

Started by Brontozaurus, February 09, 2020, 09:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

From toyark:
QuoteWe've received a press release from MV Studios, announcing that they have secured an United Kingdom Trademark for Dino-Riders. They are partnering with MFA Collectibles for a series of statues based on the fan favorite 80's toy line. there will be a 1/10 scale statue line of Riders and Dinosaurs, a 1/6 Scale Statues line of characters, and a 1/10 Scale Diorama Statue line. Check out the official press release below.

"MV Studios™ are excited to announce that we have secured the Dino-Riders™ trademark in the UK and are in the early development stage of a reboot inspired by the much loved 80's toy line.
We will be partnering up with the hugely talented MFA collectibles for a range of collectible statues. These will be split into three lines. The first will be a 1/10 Dinosaur & Rider series, the second will be a 1/6 single character series and the third will be a 1/10 Diorama series based on some of the incredible artwork used on the original line.
It is our aim to honour the legacy of the original Dino-Riders™ series by depicting scientifically accurate dinosaurs as this was a key part of the success and appeal of the original toy line.
As well as collectible statues we are also in early talks with Creative Beast Studio to partner up on a brand new toy line and will release more Information on this in due time.
We hope to release images of our first statue; a ‪1/10‬ Serena and Pteranodon in the coming months as well as pre-orders through MFA collectibles."

We also have some concept art of Serena's statue:

No dinosaur images yet though, which is a bummer.

Hopefully this actually ends up happening, seeing as Dino-Riders revival news pops up every now and then without ever leading to anything.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

But is that a real figure or woman? If it's a figure, realism is absolute. I can't imagine what kind of prehistoric animals they could do based on this artistic philosophy. O:-)

ITdactyl

This news is just pure awesome.

And the fact that they're considering partnering up with Creative Beast for a toyline, doubly exciting.  WOOT!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Might be digital concept art? But it could be Hot Toys level of sculpting. If the prehistoric creatures look as good as the people then I will def be in to purchase.  DR was a huge part of my childhood.

Hopefully they have a U.S. distributor that's  a lot of product to ship overseas..lol

Einherjar

Let's get a new show while we're at it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Einherjar on February 09, 2020, 04:53:19 PM
Let's get a new show while we're at it!

I'd settle for a single movie.

I tried looking up the studios mentioned not much to go on.

https://www.mfacollectibles.com/  looks pretty new, not much there. They have been doing a lot of Masters of the Universe pieces.
https://www.facebook.com/MFAupdates/ 

Can't find anything for MV Studios yet.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2020, 04:49:52 PM
Hopefully they have a U.S. distributor that's  a lot of product to ship overseas..lol

I feel like Sideshow's gonna end up distributing these.

Also, I wonder if David Silva's involvement would mean the dinosaurs will be more up to date, accuracy wise? I kinda hope not, since I love the original Dino Riders Protoceratops, and a nice statue of that design would be really neat.

CityRaptor

Given this quote:
QuoteIt is our aim to honour the legacy of the original Dino-Riders™ series by depicting scientifically accurate dinosaurs as this was a key part of the success and appeal of the original toy line.
I expect more up to date figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

That's a photo-shopped image. Just concept art.

I've never been one for expensive statues, but it mentions the hypothetical Creative Beast tie-in is specifically a toy line, that has me hopeful. Probably the statues will be the original designs and the new toy line will be new, accurate designs.

Shonisaurus

I guess your prehistoric collectible animal figures will be very expensive considering that those human figures are sold for at least $ 300 or $ 400. It will be a line of toys obviously more expensive than PNSO, Nanmu or Rebor.

Smilodon P.

David Silva has confirmed that he's talking to them:

https://www.facebook.com/113487525333128/posts/3425178264164021

If the negotiation bears any fruit, will the figures be accurate with current scientific theories and discoveries, or will they follow the path of nostalgia with featherless deinonychus?

CityRaptor

Juding by their quote, they should go for accurate.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

I wish that the dinosaur itself had been revealed instead of the human being, but seeing the hyperrealistic perfection of the human being represented gives more emotion what kind of dinosaurs and perhaps other prehistoric animals are in the pipeline by that great brand.

We are filling ourselves with toy dinosaur brands, that means that the sale of these emblematic prehistoric animals is increasing globally. If the sale of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals were not profitable the dinosaur brands would diminish and it is quite the opposite. Good news for those of us who are collectors.

tanystropheus

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 09, 2020, 10:35:02 PM
I wish that the dinosaur itself had been revealed instead of the human being, but seeing the hyperrealistic perfection of the human being represented gives more emotion what kind of dinosaurs and perhaps other prehistoric animals are in the pipeline by that great brand.

Outside of a teaser showing a character riding a dinosaur in full classic battle armor, I think Serena was the best possible reveal to get the hype train going. She's still very much recognisable as a Dino-Riders character but updated with more detail to her design (which thankfully hasn't been altered in the dubious name of sex appeal).

Now look at us, we're hyped for dinosaurs we haven't even seen yet. It's clearly worked!  :D
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

ITdactyl

Can't wait for the next reveal.

My sister says she's glad the teaser featured Serena, because the male characters were all fashion victims.

I'm a bit anxious about the dinosaurs though, and the goal of hitting realism and accuracy.  It's easy to imagine armor being slapped on David Silva's ceratopsians... and certainly exciting to imagine a rex or large sauropod in DR armor.  But humans/humanoids riding realistic "raptors" and Azhdarchids?  I wonder how they'll adapt/modernize those, because the old designs won't work (nostalgic wants aside).

Blade-of-the-Moon

MV Studios UK are excited to share an early work in progress shot of the Valorian Pteranodon.

This will be the first statue from the Dino-Riders™ 1/10 'Dinosaur and Rider' series produced by MFA Collectibles.

In this shot you can see the Pteranodon's exoskeleton which features mechanical assistance arms to aid maneuverability with the added weight of the armor. Posing and detailing works are in progress. Stay tuned for more teasers soon.

New facebook group for the line here :  https://www.facebook.com/groups/3691570014238107/

Loon

For some reason I thought they were making action figures too, oh well. That's a nice pteranodon though.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Loon on March 02, 2020, 05:10:06 PM
For some reason I thought they were making action figures too, oh well. That's a nice pteranodon though.

You´re not wrong, they announced that they were in very early talks with David Silva about a line of action figures.

Appalachiosaurus

Exciting! But I don't even have to look at the prices to know I won't be able to afford these. And doesn't Mattel own the rights to Dino Riders? How does the legality of the project work?

Quote from: Loon on March 02, 2020, 05:10:06 PM

Action Figures will probably be very far down the line, if they're happening at all.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.