News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, New For 2020

Started by Takama, February 11, 2020, 06:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 02, 2020, 11:47:33 PM
Barapasaurus seems more like a taxon CollectA might choose.
But yeah price makes it tricky here.
I still want to get the Paraceratherium, but 70 bucks...
I kind of still want to have some money left for food.
Maybe next year if it is still available.
Eh, you shouldn't worry about that.
Usually i just go to my neighbors house, and i get free food and money for doing absolutely nothing. But you always gotta bring a sharp deadly object  or otherwise they dont give it to you, so thats just a reminder.

Spoiler
No, im not a psycho or a murderer, i was just joking. Seriously you should really conserve. I know I shouldnt be making decisions for you because its your life, but this is just advice
[close]

empire3569

New pictures of the Itoy Carnotaurus pair were just posted on Facebook, they look pretty incredible! Still no info on pricing though

Link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=itoystudio&set=a.3401989449878536

Shonisaurus

They look amazing. Due to the quality of the support bases and the carnotaurus themselves, these figures I think are clearly made of resin or polystone, I have no doubt. They are two very well made figures.

Those carnotaurus together with the parasaurolophus clearly reflect that itoy has improved as a company in an absolute way. They may have changed sculptors because the new figures are far better than all their predecessors by far.

SenSx

Ouch, I alwready own the Nanmu Carnotaurus, but those seem to be even above in terms of quality.
Do we know if they are sold separately ?
I might be tempted

Are they 1/35 ?

Fenestra

Quote from: SenSx on November 08, 2020, 12:49:47 PM
Ouch, I alwready own the Nanmu Carnotaurus, but those seems to be even above in terms of quality.
Do we know if they are sold separately ?
I might be tempted

Are they 1/35 ?

Can't find anything on size and price yet, but I-toy does say on their Facebook page that they will not be sold seperately, but as a pair.

Takama

I just found some info via Lanatime

The Carnotaurs are in 1:15 scale
Made of Resin
And are now slated for August 2021

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWa2SUFDSk/?igshid=1bgw7rxjxmbpn

SenSx

Quote from: Takama on November 09, 2020, 01:08:51 AM

Made of Resin

Oh ok thanks.
A bit too big for me, but they look amazing.

Is it confirmed that they have an individual base, and that you can showcase them independently ?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 09, 2020, 01:08:51 AM

Made of Resin

Seeing the supreme quality of the product, it does not surprise me that these figures are made of resin. The quality of both the base of the carnotaurus and those of the figures could only lead one to suppose that these figures were made of a noble material. They are very pretty figures. If I had the space and money and a display case to put up these sculpture beauties, I would certainly buy them.

cooksonia

Got the gigantic rhinoceros Paraceratherium model today from Aliexpress. It's impressively big and heavy.

SenSx

Wrong thread.

Melekh

Received the Paraceraherium after ordering right from the beginning.
Took a long time, but it's really a beautiful model.

But we are they lying about the scale?
To sell more models?

If it would be 1:30 or 1:40 instead of 1:35... okay.
But 1:20 when they sell it as 1:35?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Melekh on December 22, 2020, 06:42:15 PM

To sell more models?

CollectA do that all the time. They even sell a 1:15 scale Styracosaurus as 1:40 scale
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Takama

To sell more models?

Companeys are never faithful to what scale they give there models.   Rebor, Nanmu, Even PNSOs So called 1:35 Scale models are Way too big to be 1:35 They are often 1:30 or Bigger.

The unny thing with I-Toy, Is I think there just using Scale as a Marketing gimmick, as there 1:35 Velociraptor is anything but.

cooksonia

Who cares? It's a good, big and heavy model and only took a couple of weeks to get to me. I still have not taken the cardboard off its head.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: cooksonia on December 24, 2020, 12:30:20 PM
Who cares? It's a good, big and heavy model and only took a couple of weeks to get to me. I still have not taken the cardboard of its head.

I am so enthusiastic about my paraceratherium from the beginning that I keep the promotional cardboard (the cropped photograph) from the sales box. Honestly speaking, I do not think that any existing toy dinosaur brand can surpass in quality, beauty and size the iToy paraceratherium, it is my favorite prehistoric mammal figure and together with the elasmotherium from Collecta two essential figures for those of us who are collectors of prehistoric mammals.

It is a magnificent model. I sincerely hope that one day the JP based fantasy dilophosaurus will be commercialized.

Thialfi

Received the paraceratherium the other day (unboxed, no base). And by the gods, it is magnificent. Heavy, bulky, beautifully sculpted. I honestly think we have reached peak paraceratherium. Colours aren't anything special, but they went the rhinoceros route there so that is perfectly acceptable, preferable even. It looks great and everything is done with the greatest attention to detail.

Even people who don't have any connection with prehistoric life have positively commented on it.

It is one of the, if not the highlight of my collection. If you can get it for a good price, do not hesitate.

Thialfi

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 06, 2021, 12:13:56 AM
It's always fun to see photos of it next to other mammal figures.
In that case I will do a couple more soon! Any wishes?

SidB

To sell more models?

One positive thing about the 1/35 scale that turns out to be very much larger, is that it should match up well with the fairly wide range of prehistoric mammals from other brands that fall between 1/20 and 1/30. Now, as far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to wait for its price to drop. Hopefully not wishful thinking.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi My congratulations on your new acquisition. Another DTF member who has the paraceratherium welcome to the club, I share the ideas of DTF members that that paraceratherium has reached its peak. It's honestly no wonder no more toy dinosaur company tries to make another paraceratherium figure. It is the ultimate paraceratherium I highly doubt that any company surpasses that beautiful work of art.

terrorchicken

nice pic Thialfi...and it now hit me just how weird an animal it was,  a rhino with an elongated neck and legs. basically a rhino trying to be a giraffe. 8)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.