News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, New For 2020

Started by Takama, February 11, 2020, 06:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Apparently there are two options to buy this model.   Deluxe and lite.

The Deluxe version will come with the Base,

The lite one will not

However they will not tell us what its made of yet

Shonisaurus

Honestly it gives me the feeling that the material that is made is not completely PVC, but it would have been expressly specified at the time on Facebook on the i-Toy page since Facebook users have asked several questions about the material of the parasaurolophus in this regard . I think that this beautiful prehistoric mammal has little chance that it is at best totally PVC, so it is still PVC and resin or a mixture of both as the two i-Toy carnotaurus whose bases are resin. Hopefully I'm wrong.

What I think is almost certain that its base will be made of resin. eye! they are all my appreciations.

ItsTwentyBelow

Hmm, that's a pretty cool Paraceratherium, and I like the possible 1:35 to 1:40 scale. Removable base? I like that too.

Anyone have a guess at how much something like this would be from I-Toy? I know nothing about the company.

Takama

The T.Rex you see in those comparison photos go for at least $89.99, and there made of Solid PVC , and come with a Resin Base.

Which makes one wonder how much that Paraceratherium is going to cost

Shonisaurus

If that paraceratherium were made of solid PVC like the tyrannosaurus rex, it would be to shake about the price of this unique prehistoric mammal. It scares me, but I hope it is solid PVC. I would honestly buy it without the base knowing that it is resin at best if the paraceratherium is PVC or hollow vinyl (that possibility would also fit).

Flaffy

Really hope it's made of a cheaper material. Collectors have been denied an affordable Paraceratherium figure for far too long.
I wonder if the deluxe model is made out of resin/PVC, while the lite version is made of vinyl?

Toasaurus

I messaged itoy about what the paraceratherium is made of and the said it will be made of pvc

Shonisaurus

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus Woohoo!!!!!! Thanks for the info. They have a safe buyer of the paraceratherium the i-Toy brand. It is one of the best news I have heard this year about prehistoric toy animal figures. Being PVC the i-Toy paraceratherium will thicken my collection.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I have to say that Paraceratherium is astounding, and for more reasons than one. If it is actually 1:35 scale and not 1:20 scale but labelled 1:35 to make the animal look bigger, and as long as it's not too expensive, I would buy the one without base. I just have to somehow part with some Star Wars Black Series first
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

tanystropheus

Wow, that Paraceratherium is amazing! I was under the impression that Eofauna would be making that species next (I might wait it out and compare them).

Why does the Spino baby have Godzilla-green eyes?

SidB

The Para is the one Cenozoic mammal that I've wanted above all others. I'd acquired the old CollectA one a while back, despite its distinct lack of heft in the torso, because there was nothing else really available. But this one LOOKS BELIEVEABLE - exactly the one I've been waiting for, so is probably worth spending the cash for. Either 1/35 or 1/20 will work for me, though with the advent of the Eofauna range, probably the former becomes preferable.

Renecito

ITOY Paraceratherium (normal ver. no base)
Size : 1:35 Scales L38cm X W10cm X H24cm
Made by PVC plastic
Will be available in Aug 2020.
Pre-order price : $65 plus international shipping cost.

I think that would put it at 1:20 scale.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

I thought it would take longer to market the iToy paraceratherium although I suppose it will be pre-order so I will wait for it to be in stock. The price is thankfully much lower than I feared, even with no shipping included.

mgaguilar

Oh my god that's gorgeous. I-Toy usually has a paint quality standard that is far below their price-point, but this natural scheme looks phenomenal.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

This makes up for no Cenozoic animal from Collecta, finally we get a halfway decent Paraceratherium!
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Faelrin

I truly hope I can get my hands on this one (either this version or the one with the base). It's absolutely beautiful, and pretty big. The price seems pretty reasonable too, though I do wonder how much the version with the base will cost.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Looks amazing. I wonder how it looks next to Eofauna's proboscideans. Kinda wished I-Toy would've made the Paraceratherium in 1:30/35 scale.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, even if it costs a little more, I will buy the paraceratherium with base, it seems to me like a collectible mammal rather than a prehistoric mammal toy. It can be confused with a prehistoric resin animal. Thanks iToy!

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 11, 2020, 08:43:06 AM
Honestly, even if it costs a little more, I will buy the paraceratherium with base, it seems to me like a collectible mammal rather than a prehistoric mammal toy. It can be confused with a prehistoric resin animal. Thanks iToy!

I totally agree with you. The sculpt is as wondeful as any resin model.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Renecito on June 10, 2020, 05:55:25 PM
ITOY Paraceratherium (normal ver. no base)
Size : 1:35 Scales L38cm X W10cm X H24cm
Made by PVC plastic
Will be available in Aug 2020.
Pre-order price : $65 plus international shipping cost.

I think that would put it at 1:20 scale.

Where? I don't know of any European store that sells I-toy stuf. And where did you get the info on the price?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.