News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eocarcharia's Repaints

Started by Eocarcharia, February 28, 2020, 11:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

I've been collecting dinosaurs for a long time, but I only just recently got into repainting them.
I've only done 2 so far. This is my most recent one: some cheap dollar store T. rex that I've had laying around and decided to use for practice.

Here's how it originally looked:

Primed:

Some more angles:

And here's my first attempt at a repaint, seen above hiding in the background:

This one was copied almost exactly from Ted Brother's Raptor Repaint for Beginners video, so I didn't feel it was worthy of its own post.

Justin_

The Rex is a huge improvement on the original. There's some quite nice details in the sculpt that you've made clearer, and what you've done to the eye is really good.

Stegotyranno420

DO you know what company is that green rex chinasaur. Although its crappy, it was on of my favorites as a young child

Eocarcharia

Thanks for your replies.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Unfortunately, I have no idea. I've had it forever and any stickers or tags it may have had are long gone. This is all that's stamped on its underside:

Killekor

I think that your repainted T-Rex turned out really great!
You made a really good job with it, now it doesn't look anymore like a chinasaur but a model I could expect from a more serious brand like for example Bullyland. It's incredible how a good color scheme can transform a figure!
Congrats for your wonderful repaint! I'm looking forward to see your next attempts!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Eocarcharia

Thanks for the kind words, avatar_Killekor @Killekor.

This is my next project:

Halichoeres

I'd say the practice session went well! I can't wait to see what you do with a worthier sculpt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Eocarcharia

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks. Though it'll be quite awhile before I'm confident enough to tackle anything "worthy".

Eocarcharia

Well, after putting off finishing it for two months, my Dracorex is finally done.

It came out a little rough, but it's good enough for me to leave it and move on to something else.

Shonisaurus

The color of the dracorex is fine but the sculpture is not the most beautiful in relation to the dracorex in toy dinosaur, but by the way it is a conservative and beautiful painting like those that I like in dinosaurs other prehistoric toy animals.

Halichoeres

This is a big improvement!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.