News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wan Long Teng - New For 2020

Started by Over9K, March 12, 2020, 02:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

I actually think I know this model.  Those colours I know those colours, they're from the Dino Crisis 2 Giganotosaurus.

https://dinocrisis.fandom.com/wiki/Giganotosaurus

Andreioli

More images of the Giraffatitan:

Looks like large sauropod figures are not all extinct  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

That giraffatitan will be hollow vinyl so it will be more economically affordable as I have read on facebook.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 23, 2020, 03:28:18 PM
That giraffatitan will be hollow vinyl so it will be more economically affordable as I have read on facebook.

Lanatimeshop just said it's resin. Solid legs hollow body. 

Saw they are selling it on a new website for 75.00 preorder too now if you order on their eBay store it's 90.00

SenSx

Thanks !

That thing is huge, I think I'm getting it !

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd like to see a comparison with the Tamiya one..it looks VERY similar.

Loon

Interesting to see it along all these other companies' figures. I don't think if ever seen anything like that before in promo pics. I think I'll pass, not because it looks bad, I think it's beautiful.But, I've already got the Mattel Brachiosaurus, so I'm covered for huge Giraffatitans for now.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Loon on April 10, 2020, 07:04:09 AM
Quote from: Andreioli on April 10, 2020, 05:55:14 AM
W-Dragon might be doing a Giga ?

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6608484108
That's pretty clearly a JP Tyrannosaurus

All of the comments are saying it's not a JP Tyrannosaurus because the artist replied and said it's not.
It looks to be the coloration of the giant Giganotosaurus from one of the old JP games. And those monstrous brow ridges say it may very well be.

EDIT: Scratch that, it may be the giga from Dino Crisis 2.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2020, 03:17:04 PM
Never heard of Reptisaur?

Hes a Instagram user who collects these models, and he created that Diplodcus himself.

https://instagram.com/reptisaur?igshid=105ochc3kd3rj

Toasaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2020, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 23, 2020, 03:28:18 PM

Lanatimeshop just said it's resin. Solid legs hollow body. 

Saw they are selling it on a new website for 75.00 preorder too now if you order on their eBay store it's 90.00
noooooooo I was really hoping it wasn't made of resin I was hoping for it to be vinyl  it's going to be a killer on shipping and it will be fragile and shatter

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on April 24, 2020, 03:52:18 AM

Hes a Instagram user who collects these models, and he created that Diplodcus himself.

Ah so not a mass market item.

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on April 24, 2020, 04:50:31 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2020, 04:44:24 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 24, 2020, 03:52:18 AM

Ah so not a mass market item.

Yeah

But dont you wish it was lol

In that scale yeah I  would totally get one.  Diplodocus is the next sauropod on my build list, would be great to have more/larger references.

KeU

Got this pic from the Chinese forums.

Looks like the Dino Crisis 2 Giganotosaurus.

SenSx

Wow thanks, you think that's a Giganotosaurus or carcharodontosaurus ?

Given the shape of the skull and jaw it looks more like yet another JP Rex to me...
Unless they gave it the JP treatment by not having a very accurate design.
I'm ok for that for JP dinos we know and are accustomed to, but not so much for others...

I was interested by Giganotosaurus or carcharodontosaurus from Nanmu / W-Dragron / Rebor, so I hope that will happen.
Or else I'll just try to grap the PNSO.

PS: I want a Dino Crisis Remake :(

Over9K

Dan's Dinosaurs has the Giraffatitan up for pre-order, July release, priced at $71.99 + $16.95 shipping to the US... not a bad price for a 17.7 inch tall sauropod!

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/giraffatitan-by-w-dragon/

Blade-of-the-Moon

not to beat this to death but i would swear W-Dragon copied and updated the Tamiya Brachio...it's even the same size.

Leyster

Honestly, I had the same feeling when I saw it.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Halichoeres

I'm glad to see that, relative to the JP version, they've fixed the feet and nostrils.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.