News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wan Long Teng - New For 2020

Started by Over9K, March 12, 2020, 02:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 22, 2020, 04:43:25 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 04:34:02 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 22, 2020, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 07, 2020, 04:31:31 PM
I really love how they were able to get an accurate skeletal and  make a scientiffically compatible version of this bad ass monster
This Giga is definitely not scientifically accurate lol
Just get the EoFauna one
I know that of course, but its cool how they based alot of the  shape on a actual Giga skeletal
shouldn't that be the norm?
Yeah, i agree, all companies should do that. Its cool how they find a way to make innaccurate creatures "accurate"(well, only on a skeletal level)

nnq2603

Some in-hand photos I took of my recently received Giga side by side with some other dino figures. A bit smaller than popular expectation but has a rich paint job.

Shonisaurus

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. I said, W-Dragon's giganotosaurus, along with the rest of the figures and brands that circulate, for example those shown in the photographs are a set of figures of the highest quality, we are very fortunate to live in this golden age of brands of dinosaurs and animals prehistoric.

SenSx

Thanks nnq2603 for those pics, those are very much appreciated, especially for the size comparaison.

Well despite W-Dragon Giga being a very nice figure, I think I'll change my order to pick the Nanmu's instead.
It just won't fit on my collection, and side aside, I've never been a fan of that blind eye despite the Dino Crisis 2 and Godzilla vibes.

Remko

I just received the W-Dragon Giraffatitan today.

WOW! Just WOW!

What a magnificent figure. Easily the most beautiful and accurate Brachiosaurid available.
It's heavy as well, I expected it to be much lighter, having experience with the large PNSO sauropods.

I can without a doubt say that this figure is the highlight of my entire prehistoric animal collection.

Over9K

Man, I haven't got any idea what people are talking about when they say the Giganotosaurus is small... it compares real well, size-wise to that fake REBOR Vanilla Ice... unless the fake is really small compared to an actual, genuine REBOR, the W-Dragon Giga has some decent mass to it.

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on October 29, 2020, 07:36:18 AM
Man, I haven't got any idea what people are talking about when they say the Giganotosaurus is small... it compares real well, size-wise to that fake REBOR Vanilla Ice... unless the fake is really small compared to an actual, genuine REBOR, the W-Dragon Giga has some decent mass to it.

It depends of which figures you want to showcase with it.
It scales very well with Rebor, Papo, Safari and most of the others 1/35 indeed.
It doesn't with Nanmu and other W-Dragon figures, which is my case.
It's more Nanmu's and W-Dragon's fault since their doing bigger figure than the advertised 1/35, and that Giga is real 1/35.
But I have a small collection, mostly Nanmu, so it's not doing it super well, my Spino and Rex are just dwarfing it :/

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on October 29, 2020, 12:52:15 PM

It depends of which figures you want to showcase with it.
It scales very well with Rebor, Papo, Safari and most of the others 1/35 indeed.
It doesn't with Nanmu and other W-Dragon figures, which is my case.
It's more Nanmu's and W-Dragon's fault since their doing bigger figure than the advertised 1/35, and that Giga is real 1/35.
But I have a small collection, mostly Nanmu, so it's not doing it super well, my Spino and Rex are just dwarfing it :/

Yeah, Nanmu really screwed the scale on those two in particular. Their rex scales out to 47 feet... 5 feet longer than the current largest known specimen. It's not fair to compare the Jurassic Park III Spinosaurus with actual specimens, IMO, but Nanmu has theirs scaled at near 53 feet, perhaps 4 feet longer than the science estimates for the real animal.

As a diecast car collector, I am intimately familiar with how different manufacturers will have different scales, which is maddening because cars have known dimensions, and math is math. An AutoArt 1/18th scale Lamborghini Countach should be EXACTLY the same size as a BBR 1/18th scale Lamborghini Countach... but they're not. Seriously, wtf.

But, living animals are different. There's no such thing as a known dimension for an animal, even living ones. When you measure a snake, is the snake stretching, or contracting? Is it a 'big' example of that species, or just average? With extinct fauna, this is even more difficult, because we have no idea how the animal would have stood, and posture matters, not to mention we have only the bones, no spinal discs, so that measurement becomes an estimate.

My point is, try to forgive a little bit of variation in the scales of these models. Yeah, W-Dragon didn't oversize the Giganotosaurus, they made it a 1/35th scale model of a 44 foot animal, and a beautiful one at that.

If there is something to be sour about, it's Nanmu, making 1/30th scale dinosaurs and pretending they're 1/35th.

SenSx

Ok I've been doing some researches, and apparently, contrary to popualr beliefs T-Rex and Giganotosaurus both have a similar lenght, but T-Rex seems to be slightly higher and also larger and much heavier,.
So if that's the case, I'm ok with the current W-Dragon Giganotosaurus size compare to Nanmu Rex, and that would actually make the Nanmu Giga a bit too big.
Can you guys confirm this ? I'm sure you have more knowledge on that matter than me.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Giganotosaurus-larger-than-the-T-Rex-and-if-so-should-we-call-it-the-king-of-the-dinosaurs

BTW Andy's Dinosaur review is up.
Still a gorgeous figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb7uAHs2YUU

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SenSx on October 30, 2020, 05:05:39 PM
Ok I've been doing some researches, and apparently, contrary to popualr beliefs T-Rex and Giganotosaurus both have a similar lenght, but T-Rex seems to be slightly higher and also larger and much heavier,.
So if that's the case, I'm ok with the current W-Dragon Giganotosaurus size compare to Nanmu Rex, and that would actually make the Nanmu Giga a bit too big.
Can you guys confirm this ? I'm sure you have more knowledge on that matter than me.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Giganotosaurus-larger-than-the-T-Rex-and-if-so-should-we-call-it-the-king-of-the-dinosaurs

Still a gorgeous figure.

Also based on the material we have, we cant tell giganotosaurus's max size. But what we do know that it was most likely bigger than tyrannosaurus, based on that one very fragmentary skull. As seen from my dinosaurs lists, i love giga and Rex equally, but i still believe giganotosaurus was stronger and larger, although as said before the opposite CAN be true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb7uAHs2YUU
I saw the video. Great, excellent figure. Also A @Andysdinosaurreviews is like my best friend , or as he usually puts it, buddy

KeU

Quote from: SenSx on October 30, 2020, 05:05:39 PM
Ok I've been doing some researches, and apparently, contrary to popular beliefs T-Rex and Giganotosaurus both have a similar length, but T-Rex seems to be slightly higher and also larger and much heavier,.
Still a gorgeous figure.
Yep, you are correct.
Both creatures are pretty much the same length and same hip height.
But Tyrannosaurus is a bulkier and stronger animal. Compared to Giganotosaurus, which more slender and most likely more energy efficient.
Wouldn't go as far as to say one is better than the other. Just they are products of their environment.

W-dragon may have scaled their Giga correctly to 1/35, however, since it is based of the DC2 Giga, people expect it to be a huge monster.
Hence, there is a lot of complaints of the figure size.
Still can't deny that Nanmu and W-D scaled their JP figures too large.

Andy is always quick with his reviews. Love his videos.
Just wish he would up his comparison game.
Like how Dino Scream does his.
I like to see how well the figure display and scale with other figures.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_KeU @KeU its often said that t rex WAS bulkier and more robust. While it was most certantly FATTER it wasnt more Muscular. In an analogy, T rex would be a obese intellectual human and giganotosaurus would had been a tall and muscular cave man.

Like i said before, we cant be sure of them. And the giganotosaurus was discovered much much much later than t rex, so in say 10-50 years we may find a 15 meter giganotosaurus.

Loon

I wonder if their Giraffatitan was successful, because I wouldn't mind a good Mamenchisaurus from them. Hopefully without the elephantine skin texture or bland colors.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 30, 2020, 06:53:38 PM
I wonder if their Giraffatitan was successful, because I wouldn't mind a good Mamenchisaurus from them. Hopefully without the elephantine skin texture or bland colors.
I hope they can make their next sauropod with a similar color scheme to my mojo brachiosaurus repaint

Im tired of bland sauropods

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 30, 2020, 05:35:30 PM
avatar_KeU @KeU its often said that t rex WAS bulkier and more robust. While it was most certantly FATTER it wasnt more Muscular. In an analogy, T rex would be a obese intellectual human and giganotosaurus would had been a tall and muscular cave man.

Like i said before, we cant be sure of them. And the giganotosaurus was discovered much much much later than t rex, so in say 10-50 years we may find a 15 meter giganotosaurus.
Your comparison does not necessarily work when comparing two carnivores that have different bulk and definition used in two different environments and hunting patterns. Also you could absolutely say the same thing about discovering a larger Tyrannosaurus specimen in the future?

Edit: Also has anyone had any stability issues with this fugure yet? My worries is it without a base, how long can it stand for?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bread on October 30, 2020, 07:51:31 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 30, 2020, 05:35:30 PM

Your comparison does not necessarily work when comparing two carnivores that have different bulk and definition used in two different environments and hunting patterns. Also you could absolutely say the same thing about discovering a larger Tyrannosaurus specimen in the future?

Edit: Also has anyone had any stability issues with this fugure yet? My worries is it without a base, how long can it stand for?

avatar_Bread @Bread As they commented in a Facebook message, the W-Dragon giganotosaurus is made of a special PVC that prevents the species from deforming or falling. I pass the exact words that said company comments on the W-Dragon giganotosaurus material:
"Poured with solid PVC and a built-in ABS skeleton, the model's legs are not prone to softening or warping. It stands up independently without the base and can prevent the model from falling."

Another comment: "PS: this time, the legs are made of solid injection molded PVC material combined with the internal ABS frame, which will not deform the soft feet, will lift off the platform and is resistant to falls"

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=638842933641825&id=207407396785383&__tn__=K-R

I believe what is the future from now on for most quality figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals such as IToy's paraceratherium?

I have the giganotosaurus from W-Dragon and the material of the legs is very hard but I think it is quite resistant even to falls.

nnq2603

Yeah, the V-Rex is Chinese cheap one. I'm not by any mean a hardcore collector, I'm just a fan of dino figures and my collections was random. I get real one when there's no "fake" version availabe, but I'm still ok with buying a cheap/fake one if they are passable in my own taste. That V-Rex is only 10USD (converted from our currency) compare to real one about 50.9USD in current local store. The size is same, paint app and details of course is far from real deal.

The small dino is also not a genuine one, it's like 4-4,5USD (90000VND). It looks good enough.

KeU

Over9K

Pleasantly surprised to find that my Giganotosaurus, ordered through Dan's Dinosaurs and shipped on Nov 1st, went through Customs in New York yesterday, just 8 days after shipping. The last item drop shipped from China, through Dan's, was my Nanmu Mosasaurus, which took 3 months (May 19th to August 17th) to arrive once shipped.

I have no idea if this is going to be normal service from here, but it sure is nice to be expecting to wait 60 to 90 days, and finding it should be here by Thursday.

KeU

Yet another one.

Curious what the scale is this time around.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.