News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wan Long Teng - New For 2020

Started by Over9K, March 12, 2020, 02:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

The resemblance with Tamiya is coincidental, in my opinion. The Tamiya one is just slightly smaller too (about 2cm), if the indication of size for the W-Dragon model (45cm) is correct. And there many other differences as well. (Maybe that's why some would say it's an "updated version of an older model"?). There are also people that say this is based on the Brachiosaurus from Jurassic Park. I don't see that either. Anyway, I am tempted to buy, and probably will.

Bokisaurus

I want those sauropods! They absolutely look beautiful together 😃

JohannesB

All things considered, sauropods are possibly my favorite dinosaurs. My favorite toy models are of sauropods. This Giraffatitan would have pride of place in my little collection (together with one or two other models). I am repainting my Tamiya Brachiosaurus to make it more presentable and (hopefully) more realistic, so it can join the other beauties.

postsaurischian

8)  I ... WANT ... IT !!!  (We need a shouting smiley)

Takama

mgaguilar

Loon

I feel like Giganotosaurus is going to start replacing the Jurassic Park T. rex in sentences that go "Oh, boy another...."

SenSx

Oh, boy so it really is an other Giga !

That's exactly what I wished, so I'm happy.
I was looking for Nanmu's and W-Dragon's take on that big fellow.
Will I give in and order the W-Dragon one before Nanmu announce theirs ?

Also, articulated jaw it seems this time !
A big plus for me, one of the reasons that made me prefer Nanmu.
Does his face look accurate to you ? It does not look large enough imo.

Loon

Quote from: SenSx on May 03, 2020, 09:56:11 AM

I wouldn't count on one from Nanmu, they seem to be trying to stay Jurassic World focused.

Halzk

Got this colored version from an unknown source (sorry about that). No doubt, this looks a lot like the Dino Crisis 2 Giga.

SenSx

Quote from: Loon on May 03, 2020, 10:01:37 AM
Quote from: SenSx on May 03, 2020, 09:56:11 AM

Ok, the W-Dragon Giga having articulated jaw really makes up for no Nanmu.
I still hope Nanmu makes a JP1 Triceratops.

Quote from: Halzk on May 03, 2020, 10:17:12 AM

Got this colored version from an unknown source (sorry about that). No doubt, this looks a lot like the Dino Crisis 2 Giga.

I wouldn't count on one from Nanmu, they seem to be trying to stay Jurassic World focused.

Yes they definitly took inspiration from Dino Cris 2 (god I want a Dino Crissis remake or reboot ><).
I hope they make him big enough.
His small head is still bugging me a bit, but maybe his big "eyebrows" give me that impression.

Over9K

Quote from: Over9K on April 26, 2020, 03:32:52 AM
Dan's Dinosaurs has the Giraffatitan up for pre-order, July release, priced at $71.99 + $16.95 shipping to the US... not a bad price for a 17.7 inch tall sauropod!

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/giraffatitan-by-w-dragon/

Dan's Dinosaurs has adjusted the pricing on the W-L-T Giraffatitan, from $71.99 to $99.99, before the $16.95 shipping (to the US).

They have not adjusted any other prices of recently opened pre-orders, just the Giraffatitan. Hopefully most folks that were hot for this one jumped on it while the price was low!

Andreioli

SenSx

Quote from: Andreioli on May 10, 2020, 03:53:11 PM
More pictures of the W-Dragon Giganotosaurus:

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6672798269

Thanks

It looks better than I first thought.
I'd like a size comparaison with T-rex.
I'm not a big fan of the on-eyed injury / scar though.
In terms of accuracy what do the pro people here think ?

KeU

Shonisaurus

What a beautiful giganotosaurus! Too bad that this made in a very considerable part of resin but bought it. It is a figure intended for serious and elite collectors like all Wan Long Ten figures. Magnificent specimen.

SenSx

Wow thanks !

The eye looks terrific ! Would have prefered to get the same on the other side !
I don't like when my animals get harmed, especilaly such a sweety  ;)

tanystropheus

That's a gorgeous Giga. I've never seen a Giga with such pronounced osteoderms (?). What is the inspiration for this model (Dino Crisis 2 or something else)? The colors are well blended and there's a sinister demeanor (with an injured/battle damage eye as well)

Mattyonyx

It looks heavily inspired by the Dino Crisis 2 Giganotosaurus, so although it's not accurate to the real animal, I think it's a pleasant exception. Many people had been waiting for a model with that specific design and, to be honest, it's something I can easily imagine in a remastered edition.

KeU

I don't recall the Giga being hurt in the eye in DC2. It was the Rex that got shot in the eye.
It is a really good figure. Just wish the head is a wee bit larger.
I am pretty tempted by this. Sigh, am I starting a 'movie' monster collection now...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.