News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Long Ago Studio - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, March 21, 2020, 11:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Chicago-area sculptor David Duck is launching a series of unpainted resin models of Paleozoic fauna:

Acanthostega, $70 + shipping

Amphibamus grandiceps

Eusthenopteron, $75 + shipping

Rhabdoderma (small Carboniferous coelacanth)

Tiktaalik, $75 + shipping

Yohoia tenuis

Right now he's only selling through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/david.duck.3114), but if you don't have FB I can put you in touch. Painted versions are available as well (examples above would be in the neighborhood of $250). In-hand photos of some models here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg261169#msg261169
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Mr. Duck has added a Tullimonstrum to his portfolio:

Available either unpainted or painted
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

Looks great. That tullimonstrum is a very rare possible vertebrate that I would like to become one in the PVC toy market.

mgaguilar

These are gorgeous reconstructions!
Is that right that a museum is using his sculpts as exhibits?

Halichoeres

Yeah, a museum in Illinois holds the holotype of Diabloroter, and the reconstruction he made for the paper that described it is also on display in the museum. He might also have some other pieces in that and other museums, but that's the one I'm sure about.
There's a photo here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7916.msg232965#msg232965

Halichoeres

Halichoeres

New release: the megacheiran arthropod Yohoia tenuis:

Shown with 1cm cube for scale. It's tiny!

Halichoeres

Last one for 2020: the Carboniferous coelacanth Rhabdoderma. I'm so happy to see that it's not colored like a gombessa.

This is a photo from the artist; I'll be adding in-hand photos to my collection thread in the near future.