News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Australian Age Of Dinosaurs Muttaburrasaurus

Started by Libraraptor, March 29, 2020, 03:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Sorry, I am a little confused. Saw the picture above and wonder if this is the new figure from AAOD museum, the successor of the Australovenator.
Does anyone know more?
Or is there even a thread about this already?
If yes, sorry.
I am thankful for new information.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Where did you see it? I can't recall seeing it before, it does look like a figure..but I was under the impression that the line failed.

Flaffy

I think it's just one of the life sized models the museum displays.
Or a digital render. Either way, the line seems to have been dead for quite a few years now.

Libraraptor

Saw it googling "Australian Age Of Dinosaurs" in images.

Just imagine this to be a new Papo figure!!!

suspsy

Huh. If that is indeed a new and upcoming toy, then I am definitely interested!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I think Flaffy is probably right that it's a statue at the museum. It strongly resembles AAoD's pewter figurine of Muttaburrasaurus:

https://dinotoycollector.com/Items/product.php?product_id=3823

If they make a toy, I hope they adjust it to be bipedal.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Lanthanotus

It was at the AAoD and in their online museums shop for several years, but seems out of stock or discontinued.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 29, 2020, 06:22:48 PM
It was at the AAoD and in their online museums shop for several years, but seems out of stock or discontinued.

Thank you!

Loon

Shame it's not real. If I remember correctly, they were saying they wanted to make a Minmi and a Wintonotitan after "Banjo". I'm really hoping they do make a new figure soon, but it's been a while since their last one, so, I'm not sure.

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that this brand does not continue, the Australovenator is an outstanding figure, it stands perfectly on its two legs without exactly having oversized feet and it came in a luxury box. It would be interesting if that brand AAoD continued to make dinosaurs from Australia like that muttaburrasaurus since that dinosaur is very poorly represented in toy dinosaur figure. The only ones I have are the Collecta standard size and the Invicta salmon red.

stargatedalek

Something looks off about the textures towards the middle, like they're stretched slightly or something. Is this a 3D render?

The eye also looks like it was drawn on digitally.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

These metal statues are pretty attractive.  :o
At $25 AUD a pop for the bronze ones, it's a very reasonable price. No information on size or scale though.  :-\

$24 AUD international shipping compared to the $60 AUD shipping from before, the total cost is quite affordable.

Banjo

Diamantinasaurus

Muttaburrasaurus

Minmi

All 4

triceratops83

Quote from: Flaffy on March 31, 2020, 06:48:33 AM
No information on size or scale though.  :-\

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  They're pretty small, I have the muttaburrasaurus - it's about finger length. Lots of detail packed in there, though.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Loon

I feel like this is most likely a life size model as others have said. The detailing is far too complex to be a small figure.

Though, I did a quick Google search and I don't see this model anywhere in the museum. So, maybe it is digital.

Also, it bears a strong resemblance to this artwork from their website:

I'll go ahead and say it, I don't think this is a particularly good looking model. Looks like the bad Iguanodons from Disney's Dinosaur.

UPDATE After another quick Google search, I can confirm this is just artwork from their website.

There are several are other images of different species like this:

The Australovenator also tells me these aren't life size models from the museum, as it's quite different. The model resembles the figure more.

So, unless they're releasing a bunch of new figures this year, including a new Australovenator, I think it's safe to say these are just art they had on their site at some point.