News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eocarcharia's Collection (Lots of images)

Started by Eocarcharia, April 04, 2020, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

I thought it was about time I shared my collection, so here goes. I've mostly collected Safari Ltd., Jurassic World, and Dinosaur King stuff up until now, but I've recently started to branch out with some Papo and PNSO figures, and plan to include more companies in the future.

First, a few miscellaneous figures on top of my bookshelf.

My collection of various Dinosaur King merchandise. I'm a big fan, if you couldn't tell.

The rest of my Sega Dinosaur King figures.

I have a (nearly) complete Carnegie Collection. Aside from all of the many, many variants, I'm missing a few of the minorly resculpted versions of some figures. So technically, not complete at all. But most of those are really hard to tell apart at a glance, so I'm happy just having all of the distinct-looking entries.

Part 1: The late 80s-early 90s.

Part 2, the mid 90s to early 2000s.

And Part 3, the mid 2000s to 2010s. The rest of the figures not on these shelves are dispersed throughout the rest of my "main" collection.

Most of my older Wild Safari figures. Until recently, I was a completist towards Safari Ltd.'s prehistoric lines, which is why I have so many of them compared to other brands.

Now, for my "main" collection, which consists of figures from various companies that I have because I like, without the goal of having a complete collection for any of the lines that they belong to.

The Stegosaurs.

The Ankylosaurs, showcasing some of my first experiments with risers. And decorative plants.

The Ceratosaurs and earlier Theropods.

The Allosauroids, with a (probably) temporary cardboard backdrop.

The Tyrannosauroids. I had to get a second feathered T. rex beacause my first one had a badly warped ankle. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the first one, leave it, try to repaint it, or just sell it.

The "raptors" shelf (plus Archaeopteryx).

The other Maniraptoriformes.

The Ceratopsids.

The Spinosaurid fishing hole, another probably temporary arrangement.

Some terrestrial non-Dinosaurian reptiles.

The Cenozoic, Part 1: Herbivores.

The Cenozoic, Part 2: Carnivorous mammals, and not necessarily carnivorous birds.

The Ornithopods.

The rest of Marginocephalia.

The Pterosaurs.

Aquatic Life, Part 1.

And Part 2.

Prehistoric crocodilians.

A few miscellaneous pieces on the top shelf.

Carnegie Apatosaurs, barely visible from the front behind the previous group.

Some Sauropods.

A few more.

A parade of Carnegie Brachiosaurs behind a parade of old Safari sauropods behind a parade of newer Safari sauropods.

The last of the Sauropods, plus nesting Oviraptor and the baby dinos.

Up next: my Mattel Jurassic World collection, another line that I was formerly dedicated to collecting 100% of (well, with a few exceptions). I dropped that approach towards the end of Dino Rivals and beginning of Primal Attack, amidst the swath of repainted figures being released. Shelf space was another important deciding factor. There are even some figures I have, like the Mega Dual Attacks and the Roarivore repaints that I have that aren't on display. I haven't decided yet if I want to get rid of them or keep them to repaint.

Starting off, the Ceratosaurs and early Theropods.

The coelurosaurian Theropods.

The Thyreophorans, sharing their plentiful shelf space with a couple Pterosaurs.

The Ceratopsians.

Herrerasaurus and the Allosaurs.

The smaller Sauropods and Spinosaurids.

The Raptors and Pachycephalosaurs (sans Pachycephalosaurus itself).

The non-Dinosaurs. The Postosuchus sign is something I printed out many years ago. I brought it out from being stuffed in a drawer somewhere storage in anticipation of the new Primal Attack Postosuchus.

The Ornithopods, Ornithomimids, and missing Pachycephalosaurs.

The STEM skeleton kits, forming a cramped recreation of Lockwood Manor.

The top shelf, starring the gargantuan Brachiosaurus.

A view of the entire assembly.

There's a little more off to the side, like the Mercenary team.

My Collection of minis, as well as Hasbro's Stegoceratops, one of the last remnants of my Hasbro JW figures.

Moving away from Jurassic World, my complete Battat Terra Series collection.

Some more assorted Safari Ltd. stuff.

More Safari Minis, and my Lego Dinos.

Bonus: My Carnegie Collection poster.

I have a little bit more of my collection left to post, but that huge wall of photos will do for now.

Libraraptor

Wow, that is an impressive collection!  Stunning!

Ikessauro

Quite an impressive selection of models you have there. Neatly displayed too! Thanks for sharing!

Jose S.M.

Amazing display of very lovely figures!

Wandering

Wow...  :-X I LOVE your collection!!! your photos are excellent!  thanks for sharing!!  :))

EmperorDinobot

Lovely collection. And you have the Carnegie Poster! I've always wanted one!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Nice and amazing collection! I congratulate you on your new acquisitions.

Halichoeres

That's an impressive collection! Quite a wide variety, including some scarce vintage pieces.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

I always love a good herd of Carnegie Brachiosauruses.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Eocarcharia

Thank you everyone for the positive response. Here are a few more things that didn't make it into the first post.

And here's a wide shot of part of my display. It really highlights the absurd number of figures that I have. And that isn't even close to all of them.

I am planning some renovations soon though, so things probably won't stay the way they are for long.

Shonisaurus

Wow!!!!! Your collection is impressive, clean and well ordered it is as if you were in a museum.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Faelrin

I really like your collection, and how you've chosen to display it. Thanks for sharing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Thanks for the replies everyone. Now for the last few groups.

My Safari Sue collection.

A bunch of figures waiting to be repainted or customized. Although I'm still working slowly on the Dracorex that I posted in my repaints thread, so none of them will probably get done anytime soon.

I already posted this in the Kaiju thread, but I'll include it here too, since I have made some slight rearrangements since then: my Godzilla collection.

And that's just about everything relevant in my collection. I won't have many new arrivals coming in the near future, so any updates here will most likely just be reorganizations.

Eocarcharia

In the absence of any new additions, I'll share one of the more unusual items in my collection:

A Diplocaulus model I made out of clay. It's based on the Diplocaulus from Jurassic World: The Game, so any kind of scientific accuracy or realism wasn't really the goal.

Stegotyranno420

Good to have another fellow JWTG guy

Halichoeres

Nice sculpture! Looks like you made the stripes out of strips of different-colored clay rather than painting it?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Stegotyranno on June 16, 2020, 05:38:16 AM
Good to have another fellow JWTG guy
I used to play a lot, but haven't for the past few years, for various reasons. Mainly for the time needed to be dedicated to it, and the prevalence of VIP-exclusives. Although I don't intend to demean anyone else's enjoyment of it.

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 19, 2020, 06:09:24 PM
Nice sculpture! Looks like you made the stripes out of strips of different-colored clay rather than painting it?
Thanks! Yes, I did. I didn't really like to paint back when I made it. That opinion of mine has since changed.

I made a few trips this past week, and picked up a couple new things at a Target:

frank08

"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

Eocarcharia

Quote from: frank08 on June 26, 2020, 12:39:08 PM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia awesome sauropods
Thanks!

I actually received these a few months ago, but I've been waiting to open them until I got my new shelves set up, which I just did recently. I'll post pictures once I get everything on them organized.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.