News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Damtoys - New for 2020

Started by Loon, May 19, 2020, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

The year of the Giganotosaurus continues, with Damtoys releasing a 1:25 scale statue in their Museum Collection Series.

Spoiler
Man, I miss the Dinosauria line...
[close]

CityRaptor

Chunky!

Is that an Aetosaur skeleton at the base?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Daang... Seems like everyone is one-upping Papo at the Giganotosaurus department  ;)
Just goes to show how much potential Papo wasted.

Not a fan of the midget tail and oversized bobblehead. Never was a fan of Damtoys anyways.

Faelrin

Weird how last year had a bunch of Spinosaurus figures release, and now this year has all these Giganotosaurus figures releasing. I wonder if we'll see anything like this occur next year.

If I'm being honest though the base of this thing interests me far more then that sadly disproportionate attempt of a Giganatosaurus, which can't help but remind me of Schleich's, due to its over sized head, feet, etc. There are plenty of takes out there now that are not only (likely) cheaper, but also accurate to the evidence.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

I actually prefer Papo's retro hot mess over Damtoys' anthropomorphized chonky tegu lizard :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I saw the head was interested, saw the other views and...nope, nope , nope.

austrosaurus

Beating Papo & Schleich is a very low bar but somehow this one struggles to get over it. The base is nice though.

ITdactyl

chonker body... skull face. Seems consistent with the Damtoys aesthetic.

Over9K

I have a feeling that photography does not tell the truth here. By the looks of the pose and the nature of 2D images, it appears that the perspective is being thrown WAAAAAY off. Either that, or DAMToys is starting a line of SuperDeformed Chibi Dinosaurs with Gigglenaughtysaurus...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on May 21, 2020, 06:43:14 PM
I have a feeling that photography does not tell the truth here. By the looks of the pose and the nature of 2D images, it appears that the perspective is being thrown WAAAAAY off. Either that, or DAMToys is starting a line of SuperDeformed Chibi Dinosaurs with Gigglenaughtysaurus...

I dont think there is any getting past the length issues though.  I like the Damtoys Quetz and the Coelophysis. Would have preferred more like that.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 22, 2020, 04:08:16 AM
Quote from: Over9K on May 21, 2020, 06:43:14 PM

I dont think there is any getting past the length issues though.  I like the Damtoys Quetz and the Coelophysis. Would have preferred more like that.

True enough. I would still like to see a video 360 of the Giga, to get better idea of how the proportions work.

They certainly can do great stuff, that Carnotaurus last year may not have been strictly accurate, but it was gorgeous.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.