News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Great Photobucket Purge

Started by DinoToyForum, July 07, 2017, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I actually had a paid photobucket account before the Massacre. I don't think I'll bother subscribing again, though. They seem very shifty.

postsaurischian

It seems all my ATF pictures are back :) . That's nice but no, I won't use them anymore.
Unfortunately I cannot find DTF v.1 anymore. Maybe those pics are also back again :-\ .
Can someone check this and maybe send a link?

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2018, 10:47:32 PM
It seems all my ATF pictures are back :) . That's nice but no, I won't use them anymore.
Unfortunately I cannot find DTF v.1 anymore. Maybe those pics are also back again :-\ .

It looks like they are back!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2018, 10:47:32 PM

Oh, I accidentally removed the link from the top menu a few weeks ago! I'll put it back...

DinoToyForum

Those who paid the ransom must be quite frustrated right now. ::)

I'm a bit frustrated, and I'm sure many of you are, that we've invested time removing image links that would now be active if we hadn't bothered. Then again, they could just as easily pull the plug again.

docronnie

Sadly, I erased most of my photos in my Photobucket account and stopped using it.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Fembrogon

Question: if we happen across posts that still have broken Photobucket links, do you want us to contact the admin staff or posters to edit them? I still find some occasionally.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 15, 2018, 02:41:44 AM
Question: if we happen across posts that still have broken Photobucket links, do you want us to contact the admin staff or posters to edit them? I still find some occasionally.

No, because historically posted photobucket images are showing again, right? If so, we might as well leave them be for now. I should remove the news item from the top of the forum.

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 15, 2018, 08:11:10 AM

No, because historically posted photobucket images are showing again, right? If so, we might as well leave them be for now. I should remove the news item from the top of the forum.

He might be talking about deleted Photobucket links that haven't been replaced (i.e. the ones that say 'Photo not found-Click for Photos) (e.g. http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4258.msg171306#msg171306)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on August 15, 2018, 08:20:31 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 15, 2018, 08:11:10 AM

He might be talking about deleted Photobucket links that haven't been replaced (i.e. the ones that say 'Photo not found-Click for Photos) (e.g. http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4258.msg171306#msg171306)

Ah, my mistake. Sure, please flag them to the moderators and one of us will remove the dead link.

Takama

So Photobucket is now forceing those who go over an ex number of bandwith to pay, or otherwise they will blurr your photos and watermark them at the same time, Even if you exceeded the limit before they pulled off there previous stunt.

I get the same Email several times from them saying this. Thing is, i decided im not touching that website with a 10 foot stick.      I Do not care what they do with my photos, they dont derserve a cent from ANYONE after all the ******** they put us through

Ravonium

In other news; Tinypic has closed down, causing quite a few new broken image links to appear across the forum (Since it was owned by PB, I figured I should post this here).

Syndicate Bias

Dang...well at least I still got Imgur for now

Faelrin

Got an email today about how they will be no longer hosting images over 25mb or some nonsense unless I pay their ransom. Since I've been neglecting to backup my images off my old photobucket accounts (I mainly use imgur and instagram for images now), today was a good kick in the butt to do it before they go ahead and delete images like imageshack did a while back.

I found this nifty scraper/bulk downloader to get all my images off their website to gather off my images before they go kaput, without having to save them one by one: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64495

May or may not need Chrome and the Photobucket Hotlink Fix for it to work correctly: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

I figured I would share this with folks who want to just save their images before it might be too late to do so. At this rate I don't trust them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Hynerpeton

I deleted  photos  on pb and did not want too. Had no option.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Avian

All of my collection photos are hosted through Google Drive, in a series of staggered public folders. You can also directly link them to posts by slightly changing the link, so Drive may be a viable option if you are unable to use pb.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Hynerpeton

Another photo hosting  site has died tiny pic.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.