Author Topic: Missed opportunities  (Read 865 times)

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brembodus
Re: Missed opportunities
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »
I missed an eBay auction for some Play Visions amphibians when I was traveling for work. I managed to get them all eventually, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »
I missed two opportunities, in regards to the loss in two auctions, those of the uintatherium and andrewsarchus of Play Visions, unfortunately I bid very low, I trusted and lost both auctions.

Libraraptor

• Reviewer
  • Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
    • Eitens Welt
  • v.1 status and posts: Global Moderator / 2268 posts
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 06:59:30 PM »
I tend to forget missed opportunities quickly because I try not to live in the past. There may have been some, but honestly, I can´t remember. I´m not that obsessed anymore, quite realistic and know that most of the figures I really desire  (White Post, Dawn Of The Dinosaurs) will forever remain out of my reach anyway.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:02:01 PM by Libraraptor »

MLMjp

• Ordovician survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
Not exactly a missed opportunity, more like the biggest letdown to a great find.

Two days ago I spotted a 1993 Kenner Jurassic Park T.rex, the Red Rex. And was in a very good condition! :D

I asked the woman on the desk about it... and then the owner shouted from behind: It´s not for sale.

>:( >:( >:( >:(

I died inside.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:27:26 PM by MLMjp »

Papi-Anon

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus fragilis
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 01:41:28 AM »
I'm still kicking myself for being too cheap to buy more of the discontinued Kaiyodo 1:20 Vinyl Allosauruses when they were under $70usd. I have the pale green one and the dark blue one (special edition, I suppose?), but now I wish I had gotten them when they were all over ebay for $55-$70 only a few years ago. Same for the Hasbro Jurassic Park Dino Showdown Allosaurus when it was still just $50 secondhand.

“They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile.”
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya