News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Stan Winston Studio 1/5th female rex bust build and paint...

Started by yankeetrex, June 05, 2020, 01:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Hey everyone, long time since ive posted, but covid has given me some time to work on projects old and new.....Pic heavy!

After installing the top mouth pallate

Lining up everything and seeing what needs to be adjusted

Making resin eyes that follow you

Painting the pallate before closing the mouth up

Tongue inserted

Closing her up

Base layer down

Painting the under tones

Basic colors down

Unmasking teeth and eyes

Painting the pink lines between the neck cracks

Wash on the bottom jaw and she is done!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice! Better than CC's version.

That Baryonyx is pretty sweet too!

yankeetrex

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2020, 03:04:35 AM

Ill post that wip gallery tomorrow,  I love the jw baryonyx design unlike most of the planet,  Haha

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: yankeetrex on June 05, 2020, 04:00:36 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2020, 03:04:35 AM

Ill post that wip gallery tomorrow,  I love the jw baryonyx design unlike most of the planet,  Haha

I make a distinction in my brain, JP/JW and accurate dinos. The two never meet and I never try to force any logic on them. ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.