News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dino Rider fanart contest - How / Where ?

Started by Fonne, June 08, 2020, 10:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonne

Hi

My first post here, but is thinking about making a fan art contest, to get the best ideas to a reboot of Dino Riders (Love fanart).

The baseline would be a Raptor, and then it will be free amagination:

- Adding details and refine the original
- Scifi style
- Etc.

The winner will get 100 dollars to make it a bit more fun I was thinking.

Sadly dont have the reach myself to make is fun (Posted first time 3 weeks ago on insta), but who / where do you think I can get help and reach out to most people about this ?

Find a huge toy instagrammer or ?

Regards Henrik Kristensen (@fonnetoyheaven)

(My english it not the best, but hope it makes sense)

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, F @Fonne! If you were to set up such a contest, I believe the Dino Toy Blog Twitter account would be willing to disseminate information about it. Does that sound acceptable, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2020, 03:28:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, F @Fonne! If you were to set up such a contest, I believe the Dino Toy Blog Twitter account would be willing to disseminate information about it. Does that sound acceptable, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum?

Sure, if F @Fonne wants to set up an 'unofficial' contest (i.e. not organised by me or officially endorsed by the Dinotoyblog/forum), we could easily promote it on our Twitter (@dinotoyblog) and Facebook. The Dinotoyblog doesn't have an instagram because I don't like the format. Where would the $100 prize come from?

Fonne

Hi

Thanks for your answers :) ....

Is in the middle of moving / renovating a new house, so it would first be when thats done (Later this year) - But since I only get something like 100 followers, I need to find the best way to reach out, not very much fun if only 2 people will enter :) ....

The price money will be from my own pocket, so no advertisements from any other that myself :) - How would you people do something like this ?

- Reach out to a handful af Twitter / Instagram people and ask if they would help to promote it (Any channels to recommend ? )
- Ask some larger facebook groups if I can post about the contest (Any ideas to which ?

Thanks for your help.

Halichoeres

I'm not really sure where the Dino Riders fans spend their time. There are several on the forum, but I imagine there might be more in some of the action figure collecting groups on Facebook. That's beyond my particular knowledge, however.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MonaGreen

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2020, 03:28:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, F @Fonne! If you were to set up such a contest, I believe texttospeech.onl the Dino Toy Blog Twitter account would be willing to disseminate information about it. Does that sound acceptable, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum?
hell yeah, great work there!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.