News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you! Getting such a beautiful Deinonychus is a bit of a dream come true! I wish you and all forum members a merry Christmas too!  ^-^

Shonisaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Narutoceratops I say the same to you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021. I sincerely wish that you and all the members of DTF are as happy as I am, rest assured that the tragic situation we are going through will be overcome.

Faelrin

I probably have said something like this before, but the Deinonychus really is my favorite of these releases so far, and from the ones I have in my hands now at least. Honestly it is probably within my top ten favorites from Safari Ltd so far altogether. Of course some of the others have been really wonderful too, even if I haven't had the chance to get them just yet, such as the Edmontosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I just wanted to apologize to you for being so dismissive of your Qianzhousaurus in my blog review. At the time, I had assumed the teeth being barely visible was a mistake on your part. But, after listening to a recent episode of the Tetrapod Zoology podcast and hearing about about John Conway's recent Tyrannosaurus piece with its completely covered teeth, I see exactly what you were doing. I have to pick that figure up again, I appreciate it so much more now.

I hope you get to revisit Tyrannosaurus sooner than later, because this Qianzhousaurus has to be one of the best theropod models out there.

Flaffy

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know how well the Safari 2020 Icthyosaurus compares with the Carnegie version?
(scientific accuracy, presentation etc)

suspsy

I like the Carnegie version better.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SidB

As good as the Safari is, the Carnegie is simply yet another Forest Rogers masterpiece. I love the proportions and the interplay of the colors. They do display well together, IMO.

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on March 08, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
I like the Carnegie version better.
Quote from: SidB on March 08, 2022, 07:13:52 PM
As good as the Safari is, the Carnegie is simply yet another Forest Rogers masterpiece. I love the proportions and the interplay of the colors. They do display well together, IMO.

I do enjoy the vibrant yellow on the Carnegie too! It bears a striking resemblance to the Common Dolphin and I love it.
To my knowledge, both figures represents I. communis? A little bit of a shame, since if they were different species, I'd have an excuse to get both of them! ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: Flaffy on March 08, 2022, 04:03:19 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know how well the Safari 2020 Icthyosaurus compares with the Carnegie version?
(scientific accuracy, presentation etc)

Since our own Dr. Admin Smith was involved in the making of the Wild Safari figure, I'm sure that it is pretty accurate
and Forest Rogers' figure is a piece of art, so of course I have to have both versions.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.