News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

W-Dragon

Started by Haldiron, June 28, 2020, 12:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haldiron

Hi All!
I'm new here, so just learning the ropes. I was interested in some of the
W-Dragon figures, but I only see one  retailer here in the U.S. (The shipping is pretty expensive elsewhere) Does anyone else here have any experience with this brand and where to purchase them?

Loon

I've bought one from AliExpress, the shipping's free, it just takes a while.

Haldiron

Quote from: Loon on June 28, 2020, 03:11:45 AM

The problem with AliExpress is there are a lot of knockoff products sold there. I'll order if it isn't available anywhere else though. Why is it hard to find these products in the US?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Haldiron on June 28, 2020, 06:13:50 AM
Why is it hard to find these products in the US?

It's not, because Dan lists them: http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/w-dragon/
In Europe we have no W-Dragon dealer at all :( .

Loon

The problem with AliExpress is there are a lot of knockoff products sold there. I'll order if it isn't available anywhere else though. Why is it hard to find these products in the US?

I've ordered from AliExpress many times, and have never once received a knock off instead of a real item. Usually, it's very easy to tell a real from a fake. Some sellers even clarify if the item is unofficial if they sell the real deal as well.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Loon on June 28, 2020, 07:39:03 AM

I've ordered from AliExpress many times, and have never once received a knock off instead of a real item. Usually, it's very easy to tell a real from a fake. Some sellers even clarify if the item is unofficial if they sell the real deal as well.

I second this. It's not that hard to find the actual products it's usually pretty simple to see who's selling what.

Haldiron

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 28, 2020, 06:40:06 AM
Why is it hard to find these products in the US?

It's not, because Dan lists them: http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/w-dragon/
In Europe we have no W-Dragon dealer at all :( .
I have been to Dan's Dinosaurs, but his prices are a little high. For example, the W-Dragon Brachiasaurus is almost double the price as it is in Australia, but once you add the international shipping, it's about the same. I guess they know what they are doing.  There are several places where I can get other products such as Nanmu, a bit cheaper than Dan, but it appears he is the only dealer for W-Dragon in the US

Haldiron

Quote from: Loon on June 28, 2020, 07:39:03 AM

I have ordered a few things from AliExpress. I guess it depends on the seller. Some of them I could tell were not the real thing because the box art looked different. I recently ordered the Nanmu Indominus Rex because it's not available here, (and I could not find it anywhere else). It isn't any cheaper so I assume it is the real deal.

Halichoeres

Sometimes it's worth asking retailers you like (Big Bad Toy Store? Happy Hen? Dejankins?) if they are able to source new products that they don't carry. Maybe they haven't felt the demand is there, or maybe they're not aware of it among the glut of JP/JW merch.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Haldiron

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 28, 2020, 08:08:52 PM
Sometimes it's worth asking retailers you like (Big Bad Toy Store? Happy Hen? Dejankins?) if they are able to source new products that they don't carry. Maybe they haven't felt the demand is there, or maybe they're not aware of it among the glut of JP/JW merch.
Good idea. BBTS does carry Nanmu and others, but not W-Dragon. I am not sure about the others you mentioned. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.