News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bread's Drawings

Started by Bread, June 30, 2020, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Hello there, just wanted to share some of my drawings, but first a little introduction to some of my work...
Yes some of these are not accurate. Some of these drawings are from a few years ago, and some are current. I try to draw whenever I have some free time, and lately I have been. I'll point out some of my old work and current work above each image. Probably my favorite dinosaur family to draw is the Tyrannosaurs, but I do try and branch out to other creatures. I hope you all enjoy. :)

My most current drawing. Tyrannosaurus Rex. Yes it has feathers. Just my interpretation of this beautiful animal. ;D

An older drawing, I would say maybe made a year ago? Not exactly sure but it was a while ago. Daspletosaurus.

Another old drawing of mine. An attempt at drawing an Allosaurus. Note: I gave up and thought it was not that good, but I have grown to like it over time.

A more recent one... Stegosaurus eating a fern. It was an attempt and I think it worked out well.

Okay.... Now this is really old. A good like 4 years ago... A somewhat odd looking Carnotaurus.

I am currently making full body drawings. So stay tuned. :D

Edit: I do want to note, that my inspirations come from Instagram. Some of the feathering and scaling details mainly come from Instagram. Helps having a reference in order to improve myself. An instagram user by the name of Cartergatewood, makes beautiful drawings. My Daspletosaurus is heavily based on his interpretation. Was not sure if someone would notice this similarity so just wanted to clarify where some of my inspirations come from.

Halichoeres

You may be pleased to know that said Instagram user also has an active art thread here on the forum :)

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4289.0

Keep drawing! I'll look forward to seeing your progress.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 01, 2020, 09:40:59 PM
You may be pleased to know that said Instagram user also has an active art thread here on the forum :)

Oh cool. I had no idea he posted art here and is a current member. Probably one of my most favorite artists at the moment. Love his work.

And thanks! Will post some more work soon of full body creatures soon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Bread on July 02, 2020, 12:10:45 AM

Oh cool. I had no idea he posted art here and is a current member. Probably one of my most favorite artists at the moment. Love his work.

Yes, I am a member of the forum. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Bread

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 02, 2020, 04:22:32 AM

:o Hello there! Once again, love your work, definitely has inspired me to draw and helps me improve and learn techniques when drawing. Earlier, I was checking out your post of your work on the forum, looks amazing as usual. :D

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Bread on July 02, 2020, 04:49:57 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 02, 2020, 04:22:32 AM

:o Hello there! Once again, love your work, definitely has inspired me to draw and helps me improve and learn techniques when drawing. Earlier, I was checking out your post of your work on the forum, looks amazing as usual. :D

Thank you. Just some advice, when drawing dinosaurs and other extinct animals I wouldn't recommend using random pictures on instagram, use the fossils and skeletal diagrams if possible. As for details, I would recommend doing the scales smaller and non overlapping, like you did on the Daspletosaurus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Stegotyranno420

Have you done any recent drawings my friend

cathicagle

Nice technique! These look great

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 16, 2021, 06:14:41 PM
Have you done any recent drawings my friend
Sorry for the late reply, I actually have been too busy to keep drawing or practicing.
Quote from: cathicagle on April 06, 2021, 07:56:09 AM
Nice technique! These look great
Thank you!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.