News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Finally getting Dino Riders (hopefully!)

Started by ReMarxist, July 21, 2020, 03:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReMarxist

Hi,
So I was always jealous of this toyline as a kid. But my mom was hesitant, to say the least, to invest in an action figure line that wasn't scaled to match Star Wars or He-Man. So now I am going to try and get a few Dino Riders cobbled together to play with my kids.

I have a Smithsonian Deinonychus, if I can find a saddle and rider for it I'll be off to a start. I just want to know: are eBay prices crazy or is that what the collecting community actually pays? I know in my other collecting, we all laugh at what stuff is listed for on eBay and sell each other our stuff for far less.

So. If anyone has spares to sell or trade, please let me know!

KeU

Your Mom's pretty cool if she is concern about consistent scale for your toys.

Halichoeres

To tell the truth, I don't see a lot of trade in Dino-Riders here. Periodically people put out a call for parts, but they don't overlap much in time (see this thread for example: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2974.0). But it's always worth a shot; maybe one of the people who posted in that earlier thread could still be reached by direct message.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ReMarxist

Thanks. At this point I have (or expect in the mail soon) a total of 5 dinos. More than enough to get me started. I have a whopping one accessory (red ladder) zero people, zero harness parts. So at this point I'm after literally any rider figures and accessories if the price is right! I don't really care about getting the correct people for my dinos: any unbroken, half dozen or so, Valorians and Rulons will do.

Digibasherx

I've noticed the price jumping quite a bit in recent years for DR toys, but you can still find some "deals".  I was able to pick up some wave 3 figures for about 10-15 USD ea. which is a decent price.  You might find some gear sets in lots, but I think the days you can find a large lot with a good buy it now price are over.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.