News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Figures need help

Started by 123hellobgbg, July 25, 2020, 12:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123hellobgbg

I've just recently moved with a few relatives of mine and apparently the dinosaur figures I have were boxed in full of 'sticky styrofoams', does anyone know if there's a safe way to remove it without damaging the color of the figure?

Some of the Styrofoam were stuck to the figure but I removed it, some of them didn't affect the figure and some did affect the figures greatly.

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this in.

PlesiosaurusNessy

Give it a try, to remove it with warm/hot water from the bodies of the dinosaur and rub it down very slowly and carefully
with your fingertip, could be, this works....
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

EmmaLVV

I use this for the really stubborn sticky stuff, if warm soapy water doesn't work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goo-Gone-Original-Liquid-Adhesive/dp/B00006IBNJ/

Justin_

Did the boxes really get hot enough for the foam to melt? Did other things in this box or other boxes also end up like this?

I'm thinking this might be one of the plant-based eco-friendly foams that dissolve if they get wet. They're usually made from wheat here in the UK. If it is that, even cold water should remove it.

123hellobgbg

Quote from: Justin_ on July 25, 2020, 04:27:26 PM
Did the boxes really get hot enough for the foam to melt? Did other things in this box or other boxes also end up like this?

I'm thinking this might be one of the plant-based eco-friendly foams that dissolve if they get wet. They're usually made from wheat here in the UK. If it is that, even cold water should remove it.
Nope, the box was stored in a cool area, the attic. It wasn't hot there but it was cold.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll try to do each one to see if it works.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.