News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The New Schleich 2021 species just got announced.

Started by Rex King, July 29, 2020, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex King

I hope 2021 won't be a trainwreck like last years.

Schleich 2021 planned figures:
Ceratosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Kaprosuchus
Mosasaurus
Brontosaurus

indohyus

Kaprosaurus and Mosasaurus sound interesting, design provided. Gonna have to wait and see to see if they are worthwhile I guess.

Flaffy

Rex King

It's the same who announced the 2020 figures before the promo images.

DragonRider02

... I guess at least we can be sure the new Ceratosaurus is going to be slightly better than their last one, can we  :P :P

Martwad

These have me intrigued.  Hopefully they aren't a complete disappointment.  Keeping my fingers crossed for improved quality over their typical releases.

CityRaptor

Don't have too high hopes.

Quote from: DragonRider02 on July 29, 2020, 04:37:31 PM
... I guess at least we can be sure the new Ceratosaurus is going to be slightly better than their last one, can we  :P :P
Yeah, it's bit hard to be worse than that one.
I guess Mosasaurus might take some cues from the Jurasic World one. The small one was Dino Crisis 2 inspired, but still...
Kaprosuchus is gonna look interesting at least...
Pachy? No idea!
Bronto? Imagine them making something very retro. Just hope they play it straight in that case and don't mix things up. I mean, look at their Barapasaurus*shudders*
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinoxels

Last year when the list got revealed, I thought that the Cryolophosaurus and Postosuchus were going to be the better of the group. Boy, was I wrong. I can see the Pachycephalosaurus and Mosasaurus being good, but considering their track record I cannot see the Kaprosuchus and Ceratosaurus being good.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Well, given their track record with Theropods, that was to be expected.
Oh no

Loon

Luckily those are all species, sans Mosasaurus, that I already have pretty good figures of. But, who knows, maybe they could pull a Dinogorgon and make a fantastic figure. Given 2020's releases, I'm not hopeful.

suspsy

It'll likely be a mixed bag at best. Some of these toys will be decent, or possibly even genuinely good like the Diabloceratops and the Dracorex. Others will be atrocious.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

I think Pachy is going to be good if they take notes from their own Dracorex which is one of the nicest figures from them. I'm intrigued by Ceratosaurus. I still haven't found one that completely satisfies me, this probably won't but who knows.

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: DragonRider02 on July 29, 2020, 04:37:31 PM

At this point you can't be sure with Schleich lol
If it ends up good I might pick it up despite me having the Safari one, since their Ceratosaurus was my first Schleich model alongside the old Replica Saurus Stegosaurus.

The Dracorex was really nice so the Pachy may turn out good if they let Vlad Konstantinov at it again (I think he did the Dracorex? Looks a bit like his style)
Pretty interested in the Mosasaurus since I love mosasaurs, I hope it won't turn out like their Plesiosaurus though...
Kaprosuchus isn't really interesting to me since I got the Safari and Papo ones and I doubt Schleich will knock those out of the park.
Hoping the Brontosaurus will be a larger figure, I miss the days where you had truly massive sauropod toys.

Libraraptor

Pretty sure it will be the grab bag we´ve become used to.

PumperKrickel

Would be a shame if that´s indeed the complete list for 2021. In previous years they at least had the occasional species that didn´t have a figure yet, like Dinogorgon or Tawa. Most of these animals already have great figures, so the deck is already stacked against Schleich from the start. Depending on size, the Bronto and Ceratosaurus might be interesting to me personally, though I expect the Pachy and Kapro to turn out much nicer.

CityRaptor

Quote from: PumperKrickel on July 30, 2020, 04:58:51 AM
Would be a shame if that´s indeed the complete list for 2021. In previous years they at least had the occasional species that didn´t have a figure yet, like Dinogorgon or Tawa. Most of these animals already have great figures, so the deck is already stacked against Schleich from the start. Depending on size, the Bronto and Ceratosaurus might be interesting to me personally, though I expect the Pachy and Kapro to turn out much nicer.

A few things to consider:
Schleich currently has none of these animals in their catalogue.  That others made them just means that some other company is getting money from something Schleich could be getting money from. An interesting observation I made at the Müller closest to me is that they do have Papo figures of animals Schleich does not produce in store. If that is a general rule at Müller, there is a good chance that there might be more behind it.
And of course as a lot people in Germany seems to be concerned, there is only Schleich and No Name/Not-Schleich.
Oh no

Brocc21

I'm crossing my fingers they don't look like weird Godzilla monsters. You just can't ever be sure with Schleich.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Sim

Heh, Ceratosaurus is a species I requested from Schleich, see the quote below.  Interesting they didn't go with Austroraptor and Velociraptor, I guess they don't feel ready to make those yet.  We'll see what the Ceratosaurus is like!  Kaprosuchus is a boring choice to me, all that's known of it is the head and I don't like figures that invent body parts too much.

Quote from: Sim on December 12, 2019, 03:55:25 PM
I've expressed my interest to Schleich that I'd like to see the sculptor of the Baryonyx make the following as Schleich figures: Ceratosaurus, a Velociraptor that's based on the real animal rather than one from the Jurassic Park series, and Austroraptor.  I also added that if they made a new Velociraptor or an Austroraptor, I hoped they would be feathered like a bird.  Schleich replied, thanking me for the product suggestion and the criticism, and they said they would gladly pass it on to their product development and marketing team.  The criticism they referred to I imagine regards when I mentioned the Velociraptor figures they've made so far appear to be based on the ones from the Jurassic Park series and I briefly described how those differ from a real Velociraptor.  We'll see if any of the things I suggested gets made as a Schleich figure! :)

paintingdinos

Kaprosuchus.... please let this be one of this year's "shockingly good" ones. I love my Safari one but if we can have a counterpart in Vlad's style I'd be delighted.

Faelrin

I'm at least curious to see how they turn out, for better or worse. Some of these are interesting choices at least, such as Kaprosuchus, which the only other options are the Safari Ltd and Papo to my knowledge.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.