News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The New Schleich 2021 species just got announced.

Started by Rex King, July 29, 2020, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

You're right, they are. Perhaps, if one wanted to, they could be carefully removed, rotated and re-attached so as not to be pronated.

Brocc21

Quote from: Szajmin on August 05, 2020, 01:42:17 PM
BTW
Everyone seems to love schleich dracorex, and i get it, it is a detailed figure, but arent the arms and wrist in outdated posistion?

Good is relative.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Szajmin

I am not telling this is a bad figure, but for this one reason i won't be buying it.
I mean you are doing a decent Dragorex figure, detailed and everything, so you could give it a proper wrists. I could understand it if this was a some sort of movie monster figure (just like lots of Velociraptors toys are).

I might buy Papo Stygimoloch (arm seems ok), Safari Pachycephalosaurus and i have to wait for definitive Dragorex figure.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Szajmin on August 07, 2020, 05:19:12 PM
I am not telling this is a bad figure, but for this one reason i won't be buying it.
I mean you are doing a decent Dragorex figure, detailed and everything, so you could give it a proper wrists. I could understand it if this was a some sort of movie monster figure (just like lots of Velociraptors toys are).

I think the only reason the wrists are pronated is becouse the picture Schleich sculptor ripped off used as inspiration actually has pronated hands.

Szajmin

I just hope that for Kaprosuchus and Ceratosaurus they find betten inspiration.
Is there any really bad art of upcoming figures? If it is than we can speculate about the figures.

Unfortunetlly there is lots of Ceratosaurus  with pronated arms.

CityRaptor

Well, for Kaprosuchus, there is this:

Also:
https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Kaprosuchus

For Brontosaurus there is plenty of Retro Art.

For Mosasaurus I epxect it to be based on the JW version, maybe with some weak attempts to make it more accurate, like the feathers on their Raptors- you know, those flaps of skin looking things.

Not sure about Pachy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Szajmin

QuoteFor Mosasaurus I epxect it to be based on the JW version, maybe with some weak attempts to make it more accurate, like the feathers (...)

Now i am hoping for  feathered Mosasaurus ::)  ;)

Shonisaurus

I hope Schleich's pachycephalosaurus is of the same quality as his dracorex.

I hope the mosasaurus is not like your plesiosaurus.

Regarding the ceratosaurus I hope it has the same quality in relation to its sculpture as its baryonyx, juvenile giganotosaurus and juvenile and adult tyrannosaurus latest version.

The kaprosuchus will be interesting to know if the sculpture is a collector's figure / toy or toy as for example and unfortunately they are its plesiosaurus, barapasaurus or herrerasaurus to give three examples.

The brontosaurus can be an acceptable figure like the brachiosaurus and apatosaurus of the Humbold museum (beautiful sculptures by the way) or it can be a lazy figure like your barapasaurus.

My dream that the new Schleich figures for 2021 are made by the great sculptor Vlad Konstantinov. I want to be positive and I continue to place my trust in the Schleich brand, one of the best toy brands on the market. I know that they have made very good figures and I affirm that they can surpass their new figures in quality. Cheer up Schleich, you can make my dreams come true!

Szajmin

I think that schleich has potential. They use good materials, they can make a detailed figure with a decent paint job.

It just like they think that dinosaurs are imagynery animals, created in moders times by filmakers and online artist, so they should look like the google images their find  ::).

At least in case of Papo you can make an arguments that their doing mostly a movie monster figures (and the quality is better, and they all have similiar feel), but schleich is random: sometimes it a decent representation of an animal, sometimes outdated recontruction, sometimes something from google image, sometimes a movie inspired figure, sometimes a mix of previous mentien stuff.
And really like this year Baryonyx and Cryolophosaurus looked like from different companies (or at least different time periods).

Sim

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 07, 2020, 07:02:35 PM
I think the only reason the wrists are pronated is becouse the picture Schleich sculptor ripped off used as inspiration actually has pronated hands.

I read somewhere that that Dracorex in the image is by the same person who sculpted the Schleich Dracorex, Vlad Konstantinov.  I don't know if it's true but it looks like his style.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Sim on August 08, 2020, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 07, 2020, 07:02:35 PM

I read somewhere that that Dracorex in the image is by the same person who sculpted the Schleich Dracorex, Vlad Konstantinov.  I don't know if it's true but it looks like his style.
Ah, it would then explain Why the figure and the art are so similar. But it's still odd how they both have pronated wrists.

Szajmin

CityRaptor

That WIP was submitted on DA in 2011. Therefore it is not for the Schleich figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Szajmin

Yes.
Im just skeptical that that dracorex with pronated hand is Vlad Konstantinov. Unless schleich insist on twisting the hands.
But Spinosaurus has a correct hands.

Halichoeres

Is it time for a "new for 2021" sub-board now that we have this list?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I have my hopes that the new figures, already announced, will be at least some of them of an extraordinary quality like those made by Vlad Konstantinov.