News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bagged v.3 Battat T. rex: how rare?

Started by Josh, August 01, 2020, 05:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

I have rather unintentionally purchased a version 3 Battat T. rex sealed in a bag. The seller said it was like new, and I guess he really meant it!

I display my dinos, and it obviously doesn't look too great in the bag. My question is, how rare is it to find one in the bag? I'd really like to open it, but I would like to know the answer to this question first!

Thanks

Halichoeres

J @Josh In my experience, most dinosaur collectors aren't that interested in packaging. The exception is JP/JW, which has crossover appeal with action figure collectors. You can probably get a premium for WWD figures on the blister card, and Battats and Carnegies in box, but I don't think it would be several times more expensive the way it might be for an action figure. Personally, I'd vote for opening the bag and enjoying the figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

That would be my vote too, and I have a big collection of Battats. Go for the fun.

Dinoguy2

The benefit of keeping in the bag would be that you could charge top dollar in resale as buyers would know it's in mint condition - but then they'd probably open it anyway. The bag itself wouldn't be desirable, just the peace of mind.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Josh

Thanks everyone. I don't plan on selling it, in fact I just completed my battat rex family: all three versions and the mini, very exciting for me. I think I'll open it up this weekend.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.