News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Help with ordering from Dinosaur Time (dinosaurtime.co.uk)

Started by Baryonyx, August 06, 2020, 06:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baryonyx

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone has any experience ordering from the website dinosaurtime.co.uk?

I am finding it very difficult to get any response from the emails and phone number on their 'Contact Us' page. About a month ago I spoke with someone from the site by phone (looking for the old Favorite co. Apatosaurus, which was sold out online but I thought I'd check); the man was very obliging and said he'd ring me back after checking.

However I did not hear anything and after calling a few times I decided instead to purchase some other discontinued Favorite models since they were still in stock at dinosaurtime.co.uk. This was over two weeks ago and though I got my confirmation email, as far as I know nothing has arrived and I still can't get in touch with anyone from the shop (I'm in the UK so postage shouldn't take so long).

In short, I thought I'd check if anyone has purchased anything recently or would know what to do. I'm wondering if there is some Corona related reason for the delay and hope all is well.

Thank you!

SidB

avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx  - not a direct answer to your question, but did you know that, historically, two sources for the Favorite Apatosaurus are Dejankins and the Black Hills Institute, both in the United States.

RobinGoodfellow

I stopped years ago from ordering on Dinosaurtime UK.
Customers Care is a disaster; website isn't accurate at all (you can order items they don't have or you can receive wrong items).
My suggestion is to stay away from them..

ceratopsian

I haven't ordered from them in some years now. I wasn't happy with them.

Baryonyx

Thank you everyone for these helpful responses; I'll see if anything arrives for now but I imagine I'll have to contact PayPal for a refund. A shame!
Thanks for the tip S @SidB regarding the Apatosaurus! Might be a bit difficult with shipping from the US for the moment...

Thank you again everyone.

indohyus

I've ordered from them years ago, and never been that happy. Several times they got it wrong, and they wouldn't always respond. Though one time we got the right figures sent and get to keep the other figures. Feel there are better sites. Can't speak for international though, only UK.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.