News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MidnightSpino - Art gallery

Started by MidnightSpino, June 17, 2020, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightSpino

Hello and welcome to my "art gallery" ;)

I`m painting since a few years already and I prefer to work with acrylics/ oils on canvases.

Sometimes also dinosaurs are my theme, so I think this will fit in perfectly O:-)

Let`s start with a painting from last year showing a (corrupted) Velociraptor from the game "Ark Survival Evolved". I absolutly love this game. The reference is from Instagram (@ bluedragonark). Sadly th elight on that picture isn´t the best... I´m really sorry.

(I hope that the link from Steam will work, if not I need to find another solution)

The next one is a watercolor painting of a Dodo:

Last but not least I want to show a work in process painting, which has nothing to do with dinosaurs. I hope that showing it is still okay. If not it will be the first and the last time :)  :-X  It´s going to be a selfportrait on a Triumph Street Twin... even if I´ll make my driving license next year and that it even needs a longer time till I own this motorcycle, it´s like working on a dream.

I hope that you enjoy my paintings!

Halichoeres

Thanks for sharing your work! The prospective self portrait and the dodo look especially good.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MidnightSpino

Thank you!

Today I have three abstact watercolor paintings for you. That one with the Plesiosauruswas the first one in that little serie and it was more an accident then planned. But I liked that style a lot, so I painted more.

The Plesiosaurus was a secret gift for P @PlesiosaurusNessy , so I can inly show it now because she got it today.

Since a friend from my medieval acting group wrote me that his little daughter likes the picture of the plesiosaurus very much because she likes dinosaurs herself, I asked without further ado for her favourite dino. This is the spinosaurus.

Therefore I will soon have only three copies and the photos on my mobile phone, because all the works leave me.

Which one is your favourite? Mine is that one with the archaeopteryx and somehow I don´t like the Spino that much :o which dino should I paint next in this style?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: MidnightSpino on July 15, 2020, 06:35:49 PM
Thank you!

Today I have three abstact watercolor paintings for you. That one with the Plesiosauruswas the first one in that little serie and it was more an accident then planned. But I liked that style a lot, so I painted more.

The Plesiosaurus was a secret gift for P @PlesiosaurusNessy , so I can inly show it now because she got it today.

The archaeopteryx is an entry for a painting competition from the museum in Germany where the famous skeleton was found. Additionally a canvas is planned. Will I be able to do it by September?

Since a friend from my medieval acting group wrote me that his little daughter likes the picture of the plesiosaurus very much because she likes dinosaurs herself, I asked without further ado for her favourite dino. This is the spinosaurus.

Therefore I will soon have only three copies and the photos on my mobile phone, because all the works leave me.

Which one is your favourite? Mine is that one with the archaeopteryx and somehow I don´t like the Spino that much :o which dino should I paint next in this style?

Love it. It gives a sense of nostalgia and mystery to me, Almost like an strange but wonderful world.
I say do a shonisaurus or erythosuchus, and i hope they could have background scenery

MidnightSpino

I really like your suggestions! A background would be nice too, I already noticed that.  ^-^ and thanks for the positive feedback.

Halichoeres

The pooling and spattering give these compositions a frenetic quality that I really enjoy. I think the limited palette enhances the effect. Nice work!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I sincerely like your three illustrations a lot, perhaps by far I like archeopteryx and sincerely as a suggestion I would recommend a classic dinosaur that is well known to all, which is the tyrannosaurus rex or giganotosaurus, a good illustrator cannot ignore any of those two theropods on the other hand the spinosaurus is very cool it is like an impressionist sketch and on the other hand the plesiosaurus has come out very well with those details of the water and the bubbles as a background.