News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

No 2021 contest?

Started by Hynerpeton, April 18, 2021, 07:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Is there no contest this year?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Thialfi

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Takama

Quote from: Thialfi on April 18, 2021, 12:25:26 PM
What kind of contest?

The Forum holds a Diorama Contest Each year

Or Used too.

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum whats your say on this?

DinoToyForum

Hi all, we didn't hold a diorama contest last year because of the pandemic, and while I had anticipated running a contest this year, it isn't feasible for me I'm afraid. Members may have noticed I have been absent from the forum in recent months, and this is because I am so busy with work. I simply don't have the capacity to organise the contest this year, sorry!

I'd be happy for someone else to organise it if there are any volunteers, but my own involvement would have to remain minimal.

Hynerpeton

Oh ok. I would be happy to try something.  Just would not be able to do prizes. Stuck on that.
Walking With Monsers:

indohyus

Like to hope there is a contest, even if there is a limited time as things become more open for people to do them with covid.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 18, 2021, 04:09:47 PM
Hi all, we didn't hold a diorama contest last year because of the pandemic, and while I had anticipated running a contest this year, it isn't feasible for me I'm afraid. Members may have noticed I have been absent from the forum in recent months, and this is because I am so busy with work. I simply don't have the capacity to organise the contest this year, sorry!

I'd be happy for someone else to organise it if there are any volunteers, but my own involvement would have to remain minimal.
Why would the pandemic put a stop to a digital contest?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Maybe to not encourage people to go outside and take good scenes, or maybe because of prizes and shipping?
I am not sure

EmperorDinobot

I do not know if this has been suggested or not, but has the idea of bringing a sub-group to *gulp* facebook arisen yet? The contest could be organized there, but mind you, the quality of the pictures we have grown accustomed to would drop. And the rules would have to be super clear.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 30, 2022, 10:17:58 AMI do not know if this has been suggested or not, but has the idea of bringing a sub-group to *gulp* facebook arisen yet? The contest could be organized there, but mind you, the quality of the pictures we have grown accustomed to would drop. And the rules would have to be super clear.

What difference would it make if the contest is organised on Facebook or here? I'm not considering it, by the way, I'm just curious what the benefits might be.

And I am toying with the idea of a 2022 contest - no prizes or sponsors, just a contest for fun.

EmperorDinobot

The benefit would be a wider audience, but that comes with its own set of problems.

A showcase of sorts would be quite fun though.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 30, 2022, 07:00:51 PMThe benefit would be a wider audience, but that comes with its own set of problems.

A showcase of sorts would be quite fun though.

If someone can find their way to a Facebook group then they can find their way here just as easily, we're not difficult to find. For example, we're top hit on Google for "dinosaur toy contest". We do have a Facebook page (not a group) but its reach is so limited it's hardly worth it any more – even people who have followed the page are not guaranteed to see content in their feed unless the page owner has paid to 'boost' a post. The reach is often less than 10%. That's a great model for Facebook, but a terrible model for users. https://www.facebook.com/dinotoyblog

EmperorDinobot

Totoro

Oh good heavens yes, let's absolutely have a diorama contest this year!  How else are we to see more from avatar_irimali @irimali?!   In fact, I'd even support all of us just pretending to enter a contest just to see another of his amazing dioramas!   

I would add that, if there was to be a contest in 2022, I'd love to see the built dioramas reviewed separately from the "in-the-environment" dioramas.  They seem different to me.   ;)
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.