Author Topic: Schleich - New for 2021  (Read 6168 times)

PrimevalRaptor

• Yorokobe, shonen!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Dinosaur: Spinosaurus
Re: Schleich - New for 2021
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 12:59:49 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if they used something similar as a reference, though if they did I wish they did kept the pose and not make it so noodly (though that makes it look like one of those sea monsters on old maps).
Guess we'll see when we got more images, I remember the Postosuchus looked better in hand. Still a far cry from the Carnegie and Safari Tylosaurus though.

You'd think especially M.hoffmanni would get some love for it's size alone.
Though personally I think the CollectA is fairly good.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »
I just remembered that PNSO's Mosasaurus exists and it is quite decent with some added speculation but the price range makes it less toy and more collectible...
I hope to get Favorite's someday.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »
@PrimevalRaptor Gosh yeah, the Postosuchus was such an odd case.
Due to the angle that was picked for the promotional image its head looked extremely weird but it turned out to be the best of the 2020 releases.
I'm glad I bought one.

PrimevalRaptor

• Yorokobe, shonen!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »
Yeah the head exactly bothered me a lot but it's just really nice in hand (even if the colors couuuuld be a less muddy, though at least the texturing and all feels better than on the Baryonyx, I'm still sad about that one.)

Gwangi

• Reviewer
  • Holocene survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Liliensternus
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 01:10:33 PM »
The Kaprosuchus is the best of the lot, but I'm still quite happy with the one I have by Safari. The rest range from mediocre at best to absolutely horrid at worst.

suspsy

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »
@dinotoyforum, shall we establish an official "New for 2021" section?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 01:11:38 PM »
@Dinoxels Pffff I love this.

Szajmin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »
The Mosasaurus could also be worse of course, they could have went with the retro tail like on the micro version they had earlier.
The one part that really bothers me is that the tail looks noodly thin in the photo but I still hope it may just be the angle and then again better than the one Safari Ltd. had for a while and no weird shrink-wrapping on the head like on CollectA's version.

It's unfortunate that Mosasaurus itself really doesn't have a good figure yet, outside of the Kaiyodo from last year.

hmm collecta?

suspsy

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »
Yup, the CollectA Mosasaurus is an awesome toy. Still one of my favourite mosasaurs.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

BlueKrono

• Devonian survivor
  • "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ichthyovenator
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
It will pair nicely with their Plesiosaurus.  :-\
Got Brachauchenius?

Blade-of-the-Moon

• Global Moderator
  • Old fossil member
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery on Deviant Art
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member , 5,209 posts , Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
I like the Mosasaur, as others said it has a bit of a retro feel and is kinda cyptid like. Maybe if a the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise had a sea serpent in it? it's weird and I like weird lol

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
@Dinoxels Pffff I love this.

I threw this together in like 5 minutes so it isn't my best work lol.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

Primeval12

• Dinosaurs and prog rock, that's basically my life!
    • View Profile
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
I'm sorry but these are not good..... I'm still salty that they retired the Psittacosaurus and then release ugly sculpts like these.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:17:50 PM by Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 »

Justin_

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Centrosaurus
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 03:30:21 PM »
The Ceratosaurus looks like it's singing into a microphone and playing one of these.....

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2020, 03:31:37 PM »
The Ceratosaurus looks like it's singing into a microphone and playing one of these.....

I can't unsee that.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

stargatedalek

• Ultimate survivor
  • When in doubt, feather it out!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Fratercula arctica
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »
They're all terrible. At least the Mosasaur is different, everything else just looks as generic as it possibly could have been.

Martwad

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brachiosaurus
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 03:59:50 PM »
Ughhh.....this is disappointing, but not unexpected.  Depending upon the size of the figures, I may go for the Kaprosuchus and Brontosaurus, to have something in the scale range I want.

Jose S.M.

• Triassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »
Oh no. I had a bit of hope  for this ones, Ceratosaurus looks so awkward and along with the Mosasaurus looks like something that would come out in the late 80s- early 90s ( that has some charm for some people so good for them ) but Pachy is like a watered down Dracorex. The sculpt looks fine but something is giving me a weird feelling.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 04:04:44 PM »
What I see in the initial photograph of the prototype is that the dome of the head of the pachycephalosaurus is quite small and the face of that dinosaur is quite angular, the arms seem to be very pronated and larger than normal. Otherwise the figure is outstanding and honestly for me it is the best Schleich figure of this year, brontosaurus and ceratosaurus are also quite acceptable figures.

The ceratosaurus should have smaller arms and it would have been more beautiful in a bipedal position, otherwise the legs and feet of the ceratosaurus judging by that initial photo of the ceratosaurus are quite good and the details of the skin of the ceratosaurus quite positive, What does not favor the figure of the ceratosaurus and the same I can say of the mosasaurus are the humanized eyes. Schleich has made a dinosaur figure with much more realistic eyes than this one.

The kaprosuchus is slender but somewhat hieratic and a very pronounced seam on the neck can be seen in the prototype, otherwise it is a decent figure although not as bright as that of other brands as I have already commented in the previous post.

The mosasaurus has a positive thing: the tail, it is not like JW's so it is a positive point to take into account in this figure, although it must also be said that it is the weakest figure in the group.

On the other hand, the brontosaurus is much better than his agustinia last year, although the figure has some details that should be discussed by the sculptor. The painting of the brontosaurus is quite bland and reminiscent of the apatosaurus of the Humbold Museum last figure in color except for those blue paint details.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:33:30 PM by Shonisaurus »

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2020, 04:18:21 PM »
I think saying that they are all terrible might go a bit far, they are mostly average rather and by far it's going to be a better release year than 2020, almost as good as 2019.