News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

F-Toys Blind Bag Gashapon Dinosaur Skeletons

Started by Over9K, September 25, 2020, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Just found these upcoming dinosaur skeleton blind bag gashapons by F-Toys over at BBTS. A blind box of 10 is $53...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/136953

Loon

They're just Kaiyodo Capsule Q figures. I wonder if they're knock-offs?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Loon on September 25, 2020, 06:19:39 PM
They're just Kaiyodo Capsule Q figures. I wonder if they're knock-offs?

Or the online dealer just has the wrong company name

cooksonia

Yes they were originally by Kaiyodo and part of the Dinotales/chocalosaur range. Some have been reissued several times in various guises over the years. The bases are different here I think. Very nice minis in my view (the Kaiyodo ones). What got me started collecting Japanese Gashapon originally. F Toys are a pukka Japanese brand though I have only come across them for their aircraft, vehicle and ship model Gashapon. Similar to Furuta, Doyusha and Takara. I am not sure if some of these firms are part of Kaiyodo.

postsaurischian

Quote from: cooksonia on September 27, 2020, 09:46:17 AM
Yes they were originally by Kaiyodo and part of the Dinotales/chocalosaur range. Some have been reissued several times in various guises over the years. The bases are different here I think. .......

These are Kaiyodos. The bases aren't different. There haven't been any re-issues of this set, just the CapsuleQ Museum version from 2018.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg200695#msg200695
I guess these are remainders :-\ .
I don't think it's a great offer. Two years ago you could buy all 10 different figures (no blind bag) for USD $20 less.

cooksonia

The T rex skeleton was first issued in 2013 as part of the Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus collection (Capsule Q Museum)  The Allosaurus and Stegosaurus skeletons were part of Dinotales series 2. They then released them as Dinotales am/pm set (Allosaurus skeleton, Stegosaurus skeleton, and additionally a Seismosaurus skeleton (Diplodocus)). The Seismosaurus skeleton again for Dinosaur Expo 2002. Protoceratops skeleton was originally Dinotales series 6  - Lawson Edition Part 1 skeletons a and b. This list is not meant to be exhaustive but there have been other releases e.g. The Chocolasaurs Collection Limited Edition Jurassic Park Institute Tour Stegosaurus skeleton and then Kaiyodo Q Museum skeletons of Stegosaurus, Diplodocus, Allosaurus and Protoceratops. Now we have the F-Toy set of them.

Reuben03

Quote from: Over9K on September 25, 2020, 01:19:57 PM
Just found these upcoming dinosaur skeleton blind bag gashapons by F-Toys over at BBTS. A blind box of 10 is $53...

they are adorable

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.