Author Topic: Dino Riders Return!  (Read 382 times)

dinoridersworld.com

• www.dinoridersworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Dino Riders World
  • v.1 status and posts: 25
Dino Riders Return!
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:32:54 PM »
Hello all.  It's been a while since I posted but this needs to be pushed.  Mattel is bringing back Dino Riders at least in some fashion.  Not exactly like the original but I'll take anything I can get and I'm all in on these.  Art work is amazing.  Thoughts?

https://toyhypeusa.com/2020/10/01/dino-riders-rulon-warriors-battle-pack-eeexclusive-pre-orders/

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/MTGYY42R?id=TO-206070858&number=MTV0440&source=pjn&subid=43737&clickId=3296621969

Jack James

• View Profile
Re: Dino Riders Return!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:08:14 AM »
It's not quite the dream but at least it's something. I think I'm more excited for the box. Can't help but notice tho that there are rulons on dinosaurs without brain boxes and valorians on dinosaurs with brain boxes so not sure they even bothered to look at the source material. My guess would be this release has something to do with copyright laws? Hopefully it gains some traction tho, I'll be ordering 2 boxes.

BlueKrono

• Devonian survivor
  • "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ichthyovenator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 03:22:43 AM »
I think there’s already a thread about this...
Got Brachauchenius?

Stuckasaurus

• Precambrian survivor
  • DinoDadReviews.com
    • View Profile
    • Dino Dad Reviews
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:59 AM »
Soooo, what are these figures, exactly? Why are they unpainted? Is this gonna be some sorta tabletop version of Dino Riders?

Jack James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:51:45 AM »
My theory is that matels copyright may have been nearing expiry in a country or 2 if they didn't do something with it. So they chucked this out too avoid anyone else being able to do anything with it? I noticed it went pretty quiet from the guys who thought they might be able to do some statues.

Jack James

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »
I watched a review of the new Dino Riders. I thought they looked pretty good for the price. I'm quite excited that my 4 year old will have some Dino Riders he can play with and not just look at. It seems the box has somewhere that tells a bit of the premise and clearly states that the rulons cruelly enslave the dinosaurs with brain boxes which makes the valorian on a brain boxed dino all the more stranger. On the whole I am still very excited that something is actually happening with "Dino Riders".

Stolpergeist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
Pretty cute set overall and the Diplodocus looks fantastic.