News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sbabam - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, October 04, 2020, 03:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

For those not familiar, Sbabam is another Italian company making rubber blind bag figures, like Diramix and DeAgostini. Sometimes they drop something interesting, like the Metoposaurus I featured in my collection thread not long ago. Here's their latest release, "KreatureX: Predators of the Jurassic."

Tyrannosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Velociraptor

Allosaurus

Triceratops

Stegosaurus

Archelon

Spinosaurus

Sarcosuchus

megalodon

Livyatan

Mosasaurus

Sharp-eyed readers will notice that there are only two Jurassic predators here, and one of those is only a predator of plants.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

I see at least one must-have for our Dr. Admin avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum

Also, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , this reminds me of the package on my shelves waiting for being forwarded to the USA....

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 04, 2020, 08:38:11 AM
Also, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , this reminds me of the package on my shelves waiting for being forwarded to the USA....

Oh yes, I should message you about those...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

indohyus

Cute or creepy, that's the question. tempted by the Livyatan though.

MLMjp

CityRaptor

Some sort of vaguely prehistoric animal shaped blobs of stretchable rubber.

The "Allosaurus" is giving me some Shin Godzilla vibes. Also is the "Giganotosaurus" just a recolor of the "Tyrannosaurus"?

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2020, 03:21:37 AM
Sharp-eyed readers will notice that there are only two Jurassic predators here, and one of those is only a predator of plants.

So nothing new here.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Faelrin

Didn't Diramix also do a Livyatan last year or something? Hoping we can see one by Safari Ltd, CollectA, etc someday, if not for 2021. It's a shame these squishy toys are the only way to a version of this animal currently (I think).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Interesting, but not my cup of tea...

Has Livyatan ever been done before as a figure? Can't remember any other models of that one.

Loon

I'm always surprised these types of toys are still on the market. Like, I can't put my finger on it, but I have to imagine there's some weird safety issue with these things. Quality-wise, these are definitely looking like something I'd find at Dollar Tree and then be surprised by some of the species chosen.

Libraraptor

Yeah, imagine all those softeners intruding into childrensĀ“ skin and swirling up their hormonal balance.

CityRaptor

Children? These look like they will mess up the parents too. And probably anything else they come into contact with. Just imagine them oozing all over your shelf...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2020, 04:47:25 PM
Children? These look like they will mess up the parents too. And probably anything else they come into contact with. Just imagine them oozing all over your shelf...

A chemical accident ^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 05, 2020, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2020, 04:47:25 PM

A chemical accident. Not to mention the children who made them. :o :-X

terrorchicken

these always end up under the bed or bottom of some toy chest covered in dust and hair.  :-X

Halichoeres

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 04, 2020, 11:41:53 PM

The "Allosaurus" is giving me some Shin Godzilla vibes. Also is the "Giganotosaurus" just a recolor of the "Tyrannosaurus"?

Maybe the other way around, it has three fingers!

Quote from: Roselaar on October 05, 2020, 10:44:01 AM

Has Livyatan ever been done before as a figure? Can't remember any other models of that one.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar Diramix has made two equally ghastly Livyatan stretchy toys.

suspsy

Sad how Livyataan has had two toys now that utterly fail to do it justice.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2020, 10:38:52 PM

Quote from: Roselaar on October 05, 2020, 10:44:01 AM

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar Diramix has made two equally ghastly Livyatan stretchy toys.

Okay, saves me trouble from both adding to the USL and adding them to my collection then. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.