News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Baryonyx walkeri

Daspletosaurus torosus

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus

Edit 4 June: Dino Dana tie-in includes a repainted feathered Tyrannosaurus:

and several repainted dinosaur babies that ship in little eggs.

Quetzalcoatlus (original version was called Pteranodon)
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus

And if you're into dinosaur-like creatures with random metal plates on them:
Spoiler

armored Tyrannosaurus

armored Triceratops

[close]
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks for the links. I think one of the revelations is a tyrannosaurus, I think it could even be another tyrannosaurus rex but I know it is a bit hasty.

On the other hand, the third figure is clearly a spinosaurus updated according to the latest scientific revelations.

Regarding the second shadow or figure, I would not venture to state which dinosaur it represents.

This is good news. Safari is already revealing its news little by little, it is a matter of waiting, perhaps by the end of the week we will know something new, as indicated by DTF members.

Takama

The Dreaded "silhouettes" game I remember a certain Scaulptor said he prefered that they would just release all the images at once. Just like they did last year.

First One Is most likly another T.rex, Most likly Scaly this time.

Seconed one. Baryonyx, it was a model in the Carnegie Collection. So i dont see what eles it can be (Other then a Suchomimus, Which they alredy done)

Third Im a bit Shocked by.   A Updated Spinosaurus?  this Soon?   

Jose S.M.

Probably a less feathered or completely scaly Tyrannosaurus, but can be Tarbosaurus. The other ones are pretty surely Baryonyx and Spinosaurus, which I'm also surprised. Let's see about Bary.. I might replace the Favorite one of its better looking.

suspsy

The arms on that first silhouette look way too big for a Tarbosaurus. Can't be Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus either, so perhaps Mapusaurus? Or Torvosaurus?

The other two are definitely Baryonyx and Spinosaurus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2020, 04:13:30 PM
The arms on that first silhouette look way too big for a Tarbosaurus. Can't be Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus either, so perhaps Mapusaurus? Or Torvosaurus?

The other two are definitely Baryonyx and Spinosaurus.

Now that you mention the arms.   Looking back at the figure. I hope that is a Torvosaurus.

Jose S.M.

I didn't noticed that the arms are big. Now it doesn't even look like one of the common Tyrannosaurs and that's exciting!

DragonRider02

There's short description under each mysterious picture on Safari's website, and the one for the first theropod is ''This dinosaur had proportionally longer arms than its larger, more famous cousin.'' So I guess this rules out Torvosaurus??

Also the descriptions for 'Fantasy' Trike and Rex are both ''This figure puts a fantastical spin on an iconic creature, ready to do battle with its mortal enemy!''
I guess they're gonna have armor or something similar. I wonder how accurate they turn out to be.

Dynomikegojira

I'm glad other's are thinking it's a Torvosaurus that's the second thing that came to my mind. I think the second one is a Megaraptoran the snout seems a little too short to be a Baronyx and and 3rd clearly
So it is a tyrannosaur than must be Daspletosaurus due to the larger forearms

Mellow Stego

So excited to see the Spinosaurus!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Since no one posted them here:
Fantasy Rex

Fantasy Trike
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Oh Man, this is so exciting. I hope the spino is really big

KeU

A Tarbosaurus or Torvosaurus by Doug would be fantastic!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: KeU on October 05, 2020, 05:24:00 PM
A Tarbosaurus or Torvosaurus by Doug would be fantastic!
I could imagine the booming sound coming out of that torvo. So excited

John

Baryonyx and Spinosaurus are fairly obvious.And wanted too. :)
As for the tyrannosaurid,it seems too lightly built for Tyrannosaurus rex itself,but seems about right for maybe Daspletosaurus?. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Primeval12

Could the rex and trike be the Dino Dana figures?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on October 05, 2020, 05:33:29 PM
That makes sense
Quote from: John on October 05, 2020, 05:31:16 PM

Baryonyx and Spinosaurus are fairly obvious.And wanted too. :)
As for the tyrannosaurid,it seems too lightly built for Tyrannosaurus rex itself,but seems about right for maybe Daspletosaurus?. ;D
it looks muscular, but not fat

Gwangi

Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on October 05, 2020, 05:33:29 PM

I wouldn't mind that. As much as the show annoys me (my daughter watches it), they have a really cool T. rex.

I'm also betting on that second one being Baryonyx which is great because I honestly didn't like the CollectA version. The only Baryonyx I have is still the Invicta one! And I'll be happy with an updated Spinosaurus too, I haven't really liked any of the recent attempts from other companies so my collection is seriously lacking an updated Spinosaurus too.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM
Three new silhouettes posted on the Safari website:

100572 Tarbosaurus?

100573 Baryonyx?

100825 updated Spinosaurus?

There are also two figures in the 'Mythical' category that look like they're inspired by Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.
Exact Link.

Flaffy

Definitely didn't expect Safari Ltd to produce a 2020 spinosaurus, after just releasing a new Spino figure in 2019.
Hopefully the crocodilian influences are toned down a bit for this release, I've come to dislike crocodilian integument on spinosaurids in recent years.

Hope that the first silhouette is a Daspletosaurus. It's a surprisingly neglected genus despite having decent remains. Wouldn't mind an updated Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus either.

I really wish they'd just reveal the figures. Never have been a fan of the whole "mystery silhouettes" game.
And can anyone provide a link to the images on Safari's website? I can't seem to find them.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.