News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on October 05, 2020, 04:54:31 PM
So it is a tyrannosaur than must be Daspletosaurus due to the larger forearms
Yes, Daspletosaurus has the (proportionally) largest arms in the Tyrannosaurid group.

Im not sure the middle one is Baryonyx, it could be an smaller sized theropod with an elongated snout.

I wonder if the Spino will be a new sculpt or a retool, as long as it doesn't have the same "floppy legs" of the previous one...

The possible Daspletosaurus and the Spinosaurus already have my attention. ^-^

Faelrin

Like others are saying, it's incredible to see a new Spinosaurus this fast. While I do wonder if it is a modified version of the 2019 one, it also looks to be standing so possibly a new sculpt entirely?

I really hope the second is Baryonyx. It is one of the few remaining theropods from the Carnegie line that has yet to get a replacement in the main line, aside from the fact it is a relatively popular theropod that is still missing from their line as is. It and the Cryolophosaurus has been on my wishlist for years now.

The new T. rex and Triceratops look interesting as well. I'm also guessing those are the Dino Dana figures? I'm surprised those are going to be part of the fantasy line though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Who says it has to be Spinosaurus? It might be Irritator.

Loon

Wow, a new Spinosaurus this soon? That's alright with me, I'm not 100% in love with their current version.

Given the silhouette for the possible Dino Dana Tyrannosaurus and the description, I'm guessing it would have to be a Daspletosaurus. I really doubt they'd release 2 Tyrannosaurus in one year.

If that other silhouette is Baryonyx, and these are the only theropods, I'll be a little disappointed. Mostly because I really want a new Cryolophosaurus. Still, it's Safari, of course I'm really excited.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 05, 2020, 06:20:05 PM
It has very different proportions from spino.
But Spinosaur might be a sigilmassosaurus or an Oxalia(i know they are very debated and stuff)

Jose S.M.

The description on the website says that it's possibly the largest meat eating dinosaur, so it's almost sure it's Spinosaurus.

And the only way I found the images was typing 2021 in the search bar on their site.

Stegotyranno420

I went on the site, and the size of the spinosaurus(according to the site) really disapointed me, about 23 centimeters. I hope its a typo or temporary.
Also im pretty sure that the mid sized theropod is a baryonx or suchomimus, mainly because it says its a dinosaur with " a long snout full of teeth" or something like that.
And even though daspleto is one of my favorite dinos, i really hope its a torvo

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 05, 2020, 06:22:52 PM
But Spinosaur might be a sigilmassosaurus or an Oxalia(i know they are very debated and stuff)
We know relatively little about the general body shape of Irritator, and there is almost no material from the back, neck, or tail in particular. We know it was more closely related to Spinosaurus than to Suchomimus, and the part of the legs and hips that we do have shows they are proportionally small like Spinosaurus, but the back, neck, and tail could lie anywhere in between or potentially even present something more dramatic than Spinosaurus.

https://www.deviantart.com/sassypaleonerd/art/Irritator-Skeletal-825991736

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 05, 2020, 06:41:50 PM
We know relatively little about the general body shape of Irritator, and there is almost no material from the back, neck, or tail in particular. We know it was more closely related to Spinosaurus than to Suchomimus, and the part of the legs and hips that we do have shows they are proportionally small like Spinosaurus, but the back, neck, and tail could lie anywhere in between or potentially even present something more dramatic than Spinosaurus.

https://www.deviantart.com/sassypaleonerd/art/Irritator-Skeletal-825991736
Cool stuff bro! Thanks!
That also explains the small size stated on the web

Shonisaurus

They are playing with the Safari fans like the cat with the mouse, these guessing games by names or pictures are exciting but cause uncertainty until the mystery is unraveled. Safari is a bit sadistic with us and with all fans of its figures.

I wish the tyrannosaroid were a different animal than the tyrannosaurus rex. On the other hand a baryonyx would be great and on the other hand the spinosaurus would be by far the most precise in the scientific aspect that exists in the market and above all made by Doug or by any other member of the Safari company. They are all very good, regardless that I have my sympathies for Doug who is a master at making figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 05, 2020, 06:48:39 PM
They are playing with the Safari fans like the cat with the mouse...

I'm sorry... I had too...

Anyway, unless it's a typo, I don't really know how to feel about the size of the Spinosaurus. Only 10" long? I might actually keep the older one, honestly. Actually, all three of these are about 10" long. Maybe it's supposed to be a younger animal?

It'd be interesting if it was meant to be Irritator, but Irritator doesn't really fit the bill as "potentially one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered".

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 05, 2020, 06:52:58 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 05, 2020, 06:48:39 PM
They are playing with the Safari fans like the cat with the mouse...

I'm sorry... I had too...

Anyway, unless it's a typo, I don't really know how to feel about the size of the Spinosaurus. Only 10" long? I might actually keep the older one, honestly. Actually, all three of these are about 10" long. Maybe it's supposed to be a younger animal?

It'd be interesting if it was meant to be Irritator, but Irritator doesn't really fit the bill as "potentially one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered".
THE HELL IS THAT

anywho i just really hope its just a typo. I hate it when they make a proportionally small figure of a big animal, or vice vers

Loon

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 05, 2020, 07:03:29 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 05, 2020, 06:55:17 PM
THE HELL IS THAT

Mice, what else?
No jokes, those are not mice. Eh, just another traumatic image carving itself into my mind. You get used to it eventually :))

Mattyonyx

SKU 100572

This dinosaur had proportionally longer arms than its larger, more famous cousin.

the feeling it will be a Daspletosaurus gets stronger.

SKU 100573

This dinosaur had a long snout full of sharp teeth.

Given the increasin popularity of Baryonyx, all signs point to it.

SKU 100825

This dinosaur is potentially one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered.

'Nuff Said!

Wandering

I wonder if this is everything Safari is releasing this year, or if they will add more "shadows" Within the following weeks... With everything that's happened this year it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect less figures.  I called the Baryonyx~! But that was a obvious choice given it's recent height in popularity and the fact that it was once a Carnegie figure.  I gotta say, while I would have preferred Safari wait to update the Spino, I'm also happy they are nipping it in the bud now :P it's a very popular genus so it's pretty much assured to sell.  I'm not sure if the last guy is a tyrannosaur, but if it is Daspletosaurus seems like the best bet, especially since Daspletosaurus was another Carnegie figure.  I'm still wondering how the Dinodana partnership will play into all of this...

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 05, 2020, 06:41:50 PM

Irritator definitely doesn't fit the criteria for being "one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered." though.

MLMjp

Quote from: Mattyonyx on October 05, 2020, 07:10:29 PM
SKU 100572

This dinosaur had proportionally longer arms than its larger, more famous cousin.

the feeling it will be a Daspletosaurus gets stronger.

SKU 100573

This dinosaur had a long snout full of sharp teeth.

Given the increasin popularity of Baryonyx, all signs point to it.

SKU 100825

This dinosaur is potentially one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered.

'Nuff Said!
Thank you avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx ! I couldn't find those on safaris website.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Flaffy on October 05, 2020, 06:05:43 PM
And can anyone provide a link to the images on Safari's website? I can't seem to find them.

Took me a while to find them myself, but here they are:
https://store.safariltd.com/search?type=article%2Cpage%2Cproduct&q=2021*
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

If these are the actual measurements for the Spinosaurus then I am not interested anymore... And that would explain the low price...
https://store.safariltd.com/products/2021-prehistoric-world-3?_pos=8&_sid=89649a357&_ss=r
QuoteSize in cm: 23.5 L x 5.08 W x 7.94 H
Size in inches: 9.25 L x 2.0 W x 3.13 H

And the others donĀ“t look that promising also...
Supposed Daspletosaurus
QuoteSize in cm: 22.02 L x 4.57 W x 11.18 H
Size in inches: 8.67 L x 1.8 W x 4.4 H
Supposed Baryonyx
QuoteSize in cm: 23.5 L x 5.72 W x 9.21 H
Size in inches: 9.25 L x 2.25 W x 3.63 H

They are all smaller that 1:40! :'(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.