News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 27, 2020, 02:10:51 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2020, 01:49:17 PM
So . . . what's the deal, Safari? You've been teasing for weeks now. People are waiting.
IKR??? And EoFauna revealed their figure after four days!

EoFauna did their revealing right. They steadily teased their new product bit by bit, but didn't take too much time about it. Similarly, CollectA will probably start revealing their 2021 stuff this weekend, then keep revealing more items every week till December. Prolonged yet straightforward, and gives fans something to count down the days to.

If you're gonna do the revealing game, fine, but do it well.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 27, 2020, 03:11:25 PM
To be honest I kind of erased Safari from my mind to avoid waiting. Kind made myself forget about the teaser

I trust Safari and I trust Doug Watson and the rest of the Safari sculptors. I think the wait will be fruitful, if not in time.

Flaffy

Still "teasing" the same old stuff that was shown 3 weeks ago huh O:-)

Faelrin

Hopefully we see them by November. Don't know why it has taken so long. I mean I guess if they are waiting for final samples to come in, or product to be available. In the case of the latter, that's not really a good excuse considering reveals done in prior years such as last year.

Granted I don't think delaying the reveals for this long is a good business approach (which is probably the last thing they should want this year), again unless the product isn't finished or available yet. I mean really just compare the general quiet there's been here compared to PNSO's reveals, or the wait for Eofauna's newest reveal, and no doubt CollectA's as we head into November. So many people jumping on ordering them or planning to as they become available. I am honestly wondering if CollectA will beat them to the punch this year. I mean they have like the rest of this week I guess.

At this rate I have a feeling these might be all the new releases which is kind of a downer but it may have been a rough year for them so far to afford putting out more. I have plenty to catch up on (remaining mammals, Camarasaurus, Stegosaurus, Edmontosaurus, etc), so I certainly can live with just these three or five. Still I am hoping they will be in stock for either their Black Friday sale or sometime in December.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Flaffy on October 27, 2020, 03:37:24 PM
Still "teasing" the same old stuff that was shown 3 weeks ago huh O:-)

SO it seems like they are making a bunch of pterosaurs and birds, but im exicted for those 2 things that look like a vulcanodon and a estemmenosuchus

Halichoeres

The longer they milk this, the more I think it's possible this really is it for 2021.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 27, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
SO it seems like they are making a bunch of pterosaurs and birds, but im exicted for those 2 things that look like a vulcanodon and a estemmenosuchus

Are we looking at the same picture?

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 05:14:36 PM
I have a feeling regarding the top left toob figure...

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 27, 2020, 06:20:34 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 27, 2020, 05:18:15 PM

Are we looking at the same picture?

Does it even matter anymore, >:D

stargatedalek

The description for that toob said something about "elements", so probably dragon related, not birds or pterosaurs.

profnik

Yesterday I got my I finally got my package came. I been waiting for my package came from 3 weeks the lady fallon Nevada. So I got the vintage lakeshore learning dinosaurs counters so looks like different color of K&M international mini prehistoric animals or wild republic minis prehistoric animals.

profnik

So last night I painted costume for lakeshore mini dinosaurs to paint the k&m mini prehistoric animals to paint nice and neatly. So we're going to use kaylon matte finish spray can to spray the costume paint mini prehistoric animals to make shiny plastic to see its works the paint never comes off. So it waterproof glossy for costumes paint k&m mini prehistoric animals it's works for indoors an outdoors.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_profnik @profnik  you may be in the wrong thread buddy

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 27, 2020, 05:50:28 PM
The longer they milk this, the more I think it's possible this really is it for 2021.

I think you're right. :-\
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

profnik

Sorry guys.  I post it by mistake

profnik

:D Here is
SonI think their another cryptozoology 2 Toobs with Mokele-Mbembe the cryptid dinosaurs in African Congo and sea serpent, a resculpted dinosaurs Toobs, extinct animals Toobs with dodo bird figurines is my favorite 3rd one or is it another dragon Toobs we'll looks like dragons and dinosaurs are different from paleontologist and scientists think.

???????

terrorchicken

Im hoping for something prehistoric related or birds. Please no dragons, I haven't liked most of their recent gaudy cartoonish dragons. Their older dragons circa late 90's/2000's were better.

Shonisaurus

I am honestly not convinced by Safari dragons, most of them seem a bit cartoonish. Another thing that distinguishes their mythological figures is the chimeric or the medusa to give two examples, they are very well sculpted figures. I hope that the fantastic dinosaurs they have sculpted this year Safari are more worthy of comparison with mythological figures than with dragons.

terrorchicken

their mythological figures are actually very good, the recent hippocamp is a real beauty. Back on topic, Im disappointed we haven't gotten any new prehistoric themed toobs for a while now. It seems these days they are more interested in updating some of their older toobs. I hope one of those is the old dinosaur one, it seriously needs some updating!

Faelrin

Yeah I'm in dire need of a new prehistoric toob from them. I did suggest earlier to them this year about a prehistoric "amphibian" one (including things such as temnospondyls, stem-tetrapods, etc), and I'm still holding out hope they take it into consideration. Plenty of others they could do as well (birds, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, trilobites, etc). Was a really good way to get a diverse mix of taxa made.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on October 29, 2020, 02:26:27 AM
Yeah I'm in dire need of a new prehistoric toob from them. I did suggest earlier to them this year about a prehistoric "amphibian" one (including things such as temnospondyls, stem-tetrapods, etc), and I'm still holding out hope they take it into consideration. Plenty of others they could do as well (birds, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, trilobites, etc). Was a really good way to get a diverse mix of taxa made.
WE NEED PREHISTORIC WOOFERS TOOB

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.