Author Topic: Safari Ltd - New for 2021  (Read 24973 times)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

• Precambrian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx walkeri
Re: Safari Ltd - New for 2021
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »
I do not mind if there are only 3 figures to be released next year, though it would be very disappointing if it were all large a d medium sized theropods, and with two from the same family and all, even if one of them could be the Baryonyx I've been waiting for for years.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulndadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Halzskaraptor, Caihong

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2020, 09:28:15 AM »
I do not mind if there are only 3 figures to be released next year, though it would be very disappointing if it were all large a d medium sized theropods, and with two from the same family and all, even if one of them could be the Baryonyx I've been waiting for for years.

Honestly, less is nothing, I prefer that only three figures of dinosaurs are marketed even if they are theropods than that Safari as a company went bankrupt or did not make any figure taking into account the monumental crisis caused by the health emergency caused by the global tragedy by the coronavirus pandemic.

mgaguilar

• Beginning the Collection. California, USA.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2020, 10:51:42 PM »
Looks like a walking Spinosaurus with updated anatomy, Safari probably wanted to cover their bases given the last one was swimming and, despite the anatomically sound representation of the rear feet, people didn't seem to like it.
I loved it being huge and overall a great color scheme.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2020, 12:10:12 AM »
"Anatomically sound" is one thing but the legs of the previous one stretched so far it seemed like the ankles were going to snap in the opposite direction.
I suspect something went wrong when the mold was made because I can't believe that this was already present in the original sculpt.
Another problem was that the outline of the sail didn't look quite natural unfortunately, I hope the new sculpt corrects that, but those were the reasons I didn't buy one, otherwise I would have definitely but due to these aspects I went with the Schleich one of all things, clunky head of it aside it looked less awkward.
Thinking of it I wonder what a kitbash would look like with the Safari head and the Schleich body though the upcoming Safari model will hopefully knock both off the shelf.

Bread

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Yutyrannus huali
« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2020, 12:01:35 AM »
We haven't been revealed these three therapods, but here is my opinion on what has been shown.

-As much as I love Tyrannosaurs, I am sick of drooling over one. It seems kind of off for Safari to be producing two Tyrannosaurs in the last two years. I know we haven't seen the figure yet, but the silhouette seems like another Tyrannosaur. If not, I am kind of hoping for a Mapusaurus. It would really seal the deal for me whether I will purchase CollectA's or not. Also to me it makes sense, two competing companies, both producing similar figures to the market.
 -A Baryonyx would be great. Papo's was a no go for me. Could this possibly be a Suchomimus? Either one would be fine with me, even an uncommon species would be cool, too.
 -Another Spinosaurus! Hopefully the colorings on this one will be better than the previous Spinosaurus. I am so glad that I did not purchase the recent one. Note: I did not hate the previous Spinosaurus figure, it was high up on my list of purchases, BUT a more updated Spinosaurus with the new tail reconstruction would be fabulous.  :D

Sim

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor mongoliensis
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2020, 01:01:44 AM »
You think two tyrannosaurs in two years would be too much for Safari, yet you suggest a Mapusaurus which would make 3 allosaurs in 3 years (Allosaurus was made in 2019, Concavenator in 2020)?  Personally, I'm tired of allosaurs.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:08:54 AM by Sim »

Bread

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Yutyrannus huali
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2020, 03:28:27 AM »
You think two tyrannosaurs in two years would be too much for Safari, yet you suggest a Mapusaurus which would make 3 allosaurs in 3 years (Allosaurus was made in 2019, Concavenator in 2020)?  Personally, I'm tired of allosaurs.
That was completely my bad. I forgot they made a concavenator last year. Iíd still rather have a Mapusaurus over another Tyrannosaur. I feel like the species itself is not common in the dinosaur toy market, but even if itís still another Tyrannosaur, I will probably drool over it.

suspsy

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2020, 01:49:17 PM »
So . . . whatís the deal, Safari? Youíve been teasing for weeks now. People are waiting.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

• Ay
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »
So . . . whatís the deal, Safari? Youíve been teasing for weeks now. People are waiting.
IKR??? And EoFauna revealed their figure after four days!
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2020, 02:43:50 PM »

I suppose that with this long wait Safari ends up revealing dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals of the first order. Good things are often made to wait, when it comes to figures of prehistoric animals it is usually like that. I'm not traumatized by waiting, I have all the time in the world. I will wait.

Jose S.M.

• Triassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2020, 03:11:25 PM »
To be honest I kind of erased Safari from my mind to avoid waiting. Kind made myself forget about the teaser
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:11:54 PM by Jose S.M. »

suspsy

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2020, 03:20:06 PM »

EoFauna did their revealing right. They steadily teased their new product bit by bit, but didnít take too much time about it. Similarly, CollectA will probably start revealing their 2021 stuff this weekend, then keep revealing more items every week till December. Prolonged yet straightforward, and gives fans something to count down the days to.

If youíre gonna do the revealing game, fine, but do it well.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
To be honest I kind of erased Safari from my mind to avoid waiting. Kind made myself forget about the teaser

I trust Safari and I trust Doug Watson and the rest of the Safari sculptors. I think the wait will be fruitful, if not in time.

Flaffy

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Sinoceratops
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2020, 03:37:24 PM »
Still "teasing" the same old stuff that was shown 3 weeks ago huh O:-)

Faelrin

• Reviewer
  • Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2020, 03:40:25 PM »
Hopefully we see them by November. Don't know why it has taken so long. I mean I guess if they are waiting for final samples to come in, or product to be available. In the case of the latter, that's not really a good excuse considering reveals done in prior years such as last year.

Granted I don't think delaying the reveals for this long is a good business approach (which is probably the last thing they should want this year), again unless the product isn't finished or available yet. I mean really just compare the general quiet there's been here compared to PNSO's reveals, or the wait for Eofauna's newest reveal, and no doubt CollectA's as we head into November. So many people jumping on ordering them or planning to as they become available. I am honestly wondering if CollectA will beat them to the punch this year. I mean they have like the rest of this week I guess.

At this rate I have a feeling these might be all the new releases which is kind of a downer but it may have been a rough year for them so far to afford putting out more. I have plenty to catch up on (remaining mammals, Camarasaurus, Stegosaurus, Edmontosaurus, etc), so I certainly can live with just these three or five. Still I am hoping they will be in stock for either their Black Friday sale or sometime in December.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702.0

For a list of what formations the Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor and ceratopsian series species (including some possible tyrannosaurids) were found, go here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg239970#msg239970

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
I have a feeling regarding the top left toob figure...

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
  • Dark Humor is like food, Not everyone gets it
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Stegosaurs/T rex/Spinosaurus/Rajasaurus/ and Giganotosaurus
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »
Still "teasing" the same old stuff that was shown 3 weeks ago huh O:-)

SO it seems like they are making a bunch of pterosaurs and birds, but im exicted for those 2 things that look like a vulcanodon and a estemmenosuchus

I'll be back in October. If im not here yet, assume something terrible happen to me
@PlesiosaurusNessy if you are reading this and you got informaton about the papo spinosaurus, please email me

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brembodus
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »
The longer they milk this, the more I think it's possible this really is it for 2021.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Protoceratops
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »
SO it seems like they are making a bunch of pterosaurs and birds, but im exicted for those 2 things that look like a vulcanodon and a estemmenosuchus

Are we looking at the same picture?

I have a feeling regarding the top left toob figure...

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
  • Dark Humor is like food, Not everyone gets it
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Stegosaurs/T rex/Spinosaurus/Rajasaurus/ and Giganotosaurus
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

Are we looking at the same picture?

Does it even matter anymore, >:D

I'll be back in October. If im not here yet, assume something terrible happen to me
@PlesiosaurusNessy if you are reading this and you got informaton about the papo spinosaurus, please email me