News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

mb-cg

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 03, 2015, 07:55:04 PM
Very exciting news. Good to see a new model from you, too :)
Thank you! I was looking forward to model a dnosaur again :D

Quote from: Patrx on March 03, 2015, 08:37:08 PM
Cool animation! I particularly liked the little refraction effect when the camera moved out of the amber stone :)
Thanks!! That's why a like adding those details, it's great to see that the people realise about them   :))

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 03, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
Probably the only reward for modeling a species known from just a few scraps of the jawbones, is that it makes it practically impossible to say what is or is not accurate about the model. Just looking at the model and working with the idea of the adult being 60 cm in scale, did you have an idea what size your model would be?
  I think you got it right for the dinosaur, its hands, feet, and body pretty well, given that we have nothing but other similar dinosaurs to compare with. The detail of the face and skull are pretty spot on given the fossils known .......
  If I were to question anything , it would be more of an artistic question...in the style of integument used. I notice the numerous small patterns look like small triangles....but it was assumed the dinosaur had more of a porcupine style quill thing with its covering. I wondered if that was the nearest or most likely style to make using the digital modeler and stay within printing parameters and so forth? My only other question and it is impossible to tell without a head on shot, is how thick is the skull from side to side in the model? The restoration shows the skull as very narrow or almost axe shaped from beak towards the eyes,in the artistic image they provided looking at it from the front.
  As to poses, a lying down shot as Patrx suggested would be very nice, as would a rooting or clawing at something on the ground type pose.....perhaps nest making or digging for bugs even. A scratching itself on a tree pose would be interesting...or perhaps one I have always pondered having made, a urinating style pose, that could be incorprated into a diorama scene....running is always a common pose as well, and perhaps also something in a rearing pose...as if angered or defensive?
  Love the model and find it fascinating.
Thank you! I modeled the filaments that way keeping in mind that if I sculpt them too thin the detail will get lost in the printing process. It would also allow the people to add their own filaments physically over the modeled ones if they want (In my case I would do it that way). The skull is pretty thin compared with Yinlong, I used the restoration as a reference.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 04, 2015, 12:26:49 AM
Excellent work on the animation! Hope it opens up many new doors for you! :)
Thank you, I hope you are right  :))

Quote from: ARUL on March 04, 2015, 12:36:09 AM
Nice work  :D
Thank you!

Here is another view of the model, I will rig it and test the suggested poses

amargasaurus cazaui

Yes much better view, even the skull width is spot on to the restoration !! Nice...so what sizes you gonna offer this little guy in? I really like it, now that I can see the widths and so forth like this !!! I am excited to get this one for sure.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

Are those feathers on its body?

amargasaurus cazaui

This was the dinosaur as it was restored...in the first picture a restoration of the skull and a fleshed out model...note the quills based on similar primitive dinosaurs of this family.......

The second picture is an artists rendering of the dinosaur...note the narrow skull and pronounced teeth and again the quills, everywhere

The final picture is the actual fossil, as it was pictured and described in the paper , naming it as Pegomastax Africanus and then later being altered to Pegomastax Africana. Serreno had been in posession of this fossil since the eighties and the original material had been recovered in the sixties but only a few years ago was it finally studied and released in 2012. SAM-PK-K10488, or Sam as I call it.... I had pestered Manuel to take on this project, and he did quite well. It is a difficult task modeling a dinosaur from just a few fragments and teeth from the jaws. A similar task would be Aquilops also known from just a few jaw fragments and skull pieces.

What does this little guy have to do with basal ceratopsians and psittacosaurus then? It is a genus of heterodontosaurid dinosaur that was likely ancestral to more derived species like Yinlong, etc. Only thing is , now your talking early Jurassic, 200-190 million years ago, so you can begin to see the roots of the family tree that would someday give us animals like psittacosaurus, aquilops, archaeoceratops, and even someday protoceratops, triceratops and even more ceratopsians.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

mb-cg

Hi everyone, after a few months without posting here, I recently had some free time and I've been able to add new models to Shapeways. I finally did a pose for the Pegomastax and uploaded two different scales: 1/2 and 1/4

I also have tried a different style and I have modeled stylized versions of some dinosaurs from Jurassic Park/World:

And here is a photo of the T. Rex figure that I received today:

tyrantqueen

I think you made a man in Kansas pretty happy ;)

mb-cg

amargasaurus cazaui

Pegomastax ! awesome, will get this for sure ....yay ! awesome....thanks Manuel

alexeratops

Oh, joy!! Another mb-cg Shapeways, and it's an obscure creature and also FEATHERS! Not to mention the adorable Christmas tree (possible) ornaments! Manuel, you have not failed to satisfy!
like a bantha!

Halichoeres

I've been looking at your Shapeways store--is there any chance your Onchopristis might be available in 1/40?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

fabricious

amargasaurus cazaui

He had been toiling away quietly on this one for a long time, between other distractions. I am so happy he finally had time to wrap it up and stick it up there...I am guessing that would make the unique species list being kept...not sure I know of any other Pegomastax models anywhere

Regarding the feathers/integument I believe he modeled them in this fashion to indicate the covering that was likely for the animal, which is speculated as quill-like in nature. This would be in keeping with other similar animals we know were quilled.

mb-cg

Here is a poster with all the drawings I did during Jurassic June (a dinosaur alphabet) that I hadn't posted here yet:

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 24, 2015, 02:46:38 AM
Pegomastax ! awesome, will get this for sure ....yay ! awesome....thanks Manuel

Thank you ;D

Quote from: alexeratops on November 24, 2015, 03:14:54 AM
Oh, joy!! Another mb-cg Shapeways, and it's an obscure creature and also FEATHERS! Not to mention the adorable Christmas tree (possible) ornaments! Manuel, you have not failed to satisfy!

Thanks, glad you like the new stuff!!

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 24, 2015, 03:25:29 AM
I've been looking at your Shapeways store--is there any chance your Onchopristis might be available in 1/40?

I will look for this model and I think I'll be able to do a 1/40 version

Quote from: fabricious on November 24, 2015, 12:34:01 PM
Nice seeing new stuff! :)

Thank you! I've been looking at your thread and there is a huge amount of great works, really like them!

Halichoeres

Quote from: mb-cg on November 24, 2015, 09:47:37 PM
Here is a poster with all the drawings I did during Jurassic June (a dinosaur alphabet) that I hadn't posted here yet:

I will look for this model and I think I'll be able to do a 1/40 version

Excellent news, thanks! And I love the alphabet. The last couple of decades of Chinese discoveries have really made that easier, haven't they?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

I keep holding that one, in some size, in my wish list--any chance of other fish showing up? A Mawsonia or something, perhaps?

empire3569

Any chance you have plans to make a Carcharodontosaurus?

ITdactyl

Glad to see that Manuel never stopped working on dinosaur models

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdG1sLv7ovE

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 28, 2021, 10:54:08 PM
Glad to see that Manuel never stopped working on dinosaur models

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdG1sLv7ovE

Nice! I recognize that Suchomimus/Baryonyx? scene from a Jurassic Park tie in.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.