News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

November 26: The final reveals are in! Miniatures aside, we got three theropods, two sauropods, a hadrosaur, a pterosaur, a plesiosaur, a mammal, a fish, and a mollusk. Not too shabby!

Advent Calendar

Augmented Reality Series 2 with new Argentinosarus, Oviraptor, Therizinosaurus, and Utahraptor miniatures.

Mini Dinosaurs Toob 3

Brontosaurus Corpse

Deluxe Dilophosaurus

Deluxe Doedicurus

Elasmosaurus

Kamuysaurus

Deluxe Mamenchisaurus

Megalosaurus in ambush

Neovenator scenting prey

Pravitoceras

Deluxe Pteranodon

Deluxe Xiphactinus
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Primeval12

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM
CollectA will not officially begin revealing their new products until November. However, I have one very exciting tidbit to pass on to everyone from my source: there will be one more Paleozoic invertebrate joining the 2020 ones!

What it is, I know not. Anomalocaris, maybe? Pterygotus or Jaekelopterus? Or perhaps a land dweller like Arthropleura?

Now THAT is some very exciting news!
I wonder if its another museum commission/collaboration, or that the 2020 inverts sold well.

Faelrin

I am so glad to hear they will still be doing Paleozoic animals (2021 would be year 4 now), and in this case another invertebrate. I am excited to see what it is. I sincerely hope it would be Jaekolopterus or Arthropleura, if not something else. Those other two have plenty of fantastic options out there now (more so Anomalocaris, then Pterygotus). That isn't to say I would be disappointed with their takes on those however. I also hope they continue their trend of Cenozoic and/or prehistoric mammals. Still a good number I would like to see them do. I am also expecting a revised Spinosaurus from them at the very least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Some very welcome news, both Paleozoic animals and invertebrates really lack representation!
Personally I'm hoping for either Jaekolopterus or any other Sea Scorpion or maybe Aegirocassis, they could work as bigger models and are pretty cool animals.

Jose S.M.

That's good to hear, they are ahead of other mainstream companies in that respect so it's great to see they will take advantage of that, they might create a niche for those given their recent success with them (at least in quality and praise they received, hopefully it also means they did good business).

Stegotyranno420

CollectA will not officially begin revealing their new products until November. However, I have one very exciting tidbit to pass on to everyone from my source: there will be one more Paleozoic invertebrate joining the 2020 ones!

What it is, I know not. Anomalocaris, maybe? Pterygotus or Jaekelopterus? Or perhaps a land dweller like Arthropleura?
I really hope they make those, those are my favorite arthropods(which is an oxymoronic statement because i hate arthropods)

Shonisaurus

I expect a prehistoric invertebrate, a meganeura or an arthropleura and even a prehistoric sea scorpion. Although perhaps I like all prehistoric invertebrates I would like it to be a Palaeocharinus rhyniensis, it is a prehistoric spider and is one of the first settlers on the Devonian mainland.

bmathison1972

Great news! Thanks!!!! Any speculation as to what it is is pointless at the moment, so that's all I'll say for now.

Shonisaurus

I really like Collecta's initiative when it comes to making rare and even non-existent figures on the toy collector's market, not only of prehistoric animals, even of little-known wild animals. It is one of my favorite prehistoric animal and dinosaur brands along with Safari within the western range brands.

It seems to me an interesting idea that they make prehistoric animals as Paleozoic invertebrates but it should also be noted that it is a somewhat risky idea, by the way it could not be an orthocone? Another prehistoric mollusk and in Deluxe size in this case? It would make a good model of a prehistoric animal from the Paleozoic era.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on October 20, 2020, 05:21:20 PM

Now THAT is some very exciting news!
I wonder if its another museum commission/collaboration, or that the 2020 inverts sold well.

They did indeed sell well.  :)

Ceratosaurus blogspot

They are also likely to upgrade some standard size models.

Halichoeres

Glad to hear the 2020 invertebrates sold well. The stats on dinotoycollector.com also agree with that assessment, although of course you can only draw limited conclusions from that.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy assuming your source is who I think it is, do they know whether Geiger based his belemnite on any particular taxon? I would guess one of the Solnhofen genera, but there are several.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I have put in an inquiry to Matthias (who is not my CollectA contact, but a Facebook friend).

terrorchicken

I cant remember if they released any prehistoric mammals this year. I hope we get at least one for next year.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 24, 2020, 08:48:37 PM
I cant remember if they released any prehistoric mammals this year. I hope we get at least one for next year.
they didn't release any this year, the Cenozoic spot was taken by the Megalodon
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I am eagerly awaiting whatever CollectA announces, I'm sure they will have some lovely figures.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

By the way. This year will Collecta launch any paraceratherium? I need one to accompany her Itoy counterpart even if it is a smaller size.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 24, 2020, 10:00:42 PM
By the way. This year will Collecta launch any paraceratherium? I need one to accompany her Itoy counterpart even if it is a smaller size.
That would be amazing
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Given how CollectA released a new version of Smilodon back in 2015, it would great if they did the same with Paraceratherium. Or their woolly mammoth. Seems it's been quite a while since a new figure of Mammuthus primigenius was released.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.