News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Another dinosaur line from Mattel

Started by Halichoeres, October 23, 2020, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeadlymoose

My adult self is meh on these, but my inner child absolutely loves them. The Dilophosaurus is particularly charming. (Is it wearing a leather jacket?!)

I like the brushable hair because I approve of anything that leads towards a pop culture acceptance of the likelihood of feathers/fur/"fur" on dinosaurs in general.

Sarapaurolophus

That Ceratosaurus is making use of the ongoing unicorn trend and it kinda works for me 8)

Quote from: Faelrin on April 04, 2021, 10:56:06 PM
I certainly don't expect accuracy with these, but I still am a little perplexed at the design choice of brushable hair on at least the dinosaurs and other reptiles so far.

I think it is because they are sold as dolls, or as they call it in the doll world: "hairplay toys". I guess it also helps in creating a similarity to the CC humans that have extremely long hair. It's part of the style.

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on April 04, 2021, 11:44:30 PM
I like the brushable hair because I approve of anything that leads towards a pop culture acceptance of the likelihood of feathers/fur/"fur" on dinosaurs in general.

I thought of this initially but then they just plopped hair on all of the animals and even the minerals (there is a pet rock in the Blind Bag lineup) :))

CityRaptor

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 09, 2021, 07:43:52 PM
That Ceratosaurus is making use of the ongoing unicorn trend and it kinda works for me 8)

Maybe that is what they call an Unicorn. Instead of  "White horse with a horn on its head... prances around all sparkly." it's  "Blue Theropod with a horn on its nose... stomps around all sparkly."

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 09, 2021, 07:43:52 PM
I think it is because they are sold as dolls, or as they call it in the doll world: "hairplay toys". I guess it also helps in creating a similarity to the CC humans that have extremely long hair. It's part of the style.

Not gonna lie, I initially thought of Cam Cretaceous upon readin CC.

I thought of this initially but then they just plopped hair on all of the animals and even the minerals (there is a pet rock in the Blind Bag lineup) :))
[/quote]

Is the rock even meant to be alive? I mean these were a thing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

My adult self is meh on these, but my inner child absolutely loves them. The Dilophosaurus is particularly charming. (Is it wearing a leather jacket?!)

Yep, leather jacket. Makes me think of Ridge from Extreme Dinosaurs, actually.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.