News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Gonna Start Collecting JP/TLW Toys

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2021, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

So I have much of the JW/FK line (I'll share pictures soon), plus I have the roaring t rex from JPIII. I now plan on buying old figures from the first two movies lines. (They seem much better than the third movies toys). Which ones would you all suggest I collect? Parasaurolophus and Pachycephalosaurus seem like obvious targets for me, plus I like that expensive TLW Carnotaurus!
Also I might collect more of the JPIII and Disney Dinosaur line. (I have the Roaring Carnotaurus from that line, which I will show off soon)
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

suspsy

If you only get one T. rex, get the Epic Roarin' one. I reviewed it recently on the blog.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

All the Kenner pieces are worth getting really. 

Giganotosaurus

Suspsy I just looked up the epic roaring t rex, dang that looks awesome, is it a new sculpt? (The new one from Mattel) I have a couple of other Mattel Rex's, but I may have to get this one too! It looks great!
And Blade of the Moon dang, looks like I have a lot of collecting to do!

Also, The Lost World Allosaurus looks really good also!
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2021, 05:19:16 AM
All the Kenner pieces are worth getting really.

This. Some awesome figures there! But also a lot that are very expensive these days.

Recommended Kenner figures for me would be  Dilophosaurus, Triceratops, Young T-Rex, Coelophysis, Lycaenops, Gallimimus, Quetzalcoatlus, both Pachycephalosaurs, Junior T-Rex, Parasaurolophus, Chasmosaurus, Allosaurus, Thrasher T-Rex, Ornithosuchus, Estemmenosuchus ad Scutosaurus.
Recommended Hasbro figures are Compsognathus, Tapejara, Animatronic Spinosaurus, both Pteranodons and the later Pachyrhinosaurus and Allosaurus.

In terms of numbers, these lines are not nearly as extensive as Mattel's work. But age and rarity have done their part to make vintage JP collecting quite a costly challenge. Be mindful what you get yourself into. Good luck!

Giganotosaurus

My goodness, I didn't realize how many old figures there were! Dang looks like I have a lot of collecting to do! This will keep me entertained until Dominion's figures next year.
Angurius on TohoKingdom

CityRaptor

And those are just the recommendations. The full line up is much bigger. But be warned: Some of those will be expensive. And of course some may be affected by the ravages of time.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.