News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fukuiraptor's collection

Started by Fukuiraptor, November 10, 2012, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukuiraptor

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 21, 2014, 01:03:06 AM
Are they only sold in Japanese Toys R Us stores or are they out worldwide?

Really don't know, but I guess it should be exclusive to Japanese TRUs.

Fukuiraptor

Quote from: Alexxitator on August 21, 2014, 11:50:27 AM
Wow I don't know anything about it, but I like it very much!
What's it cost? :)

The price tag is attached to the figure ^-^

stargatedalek

so about $33 USD
is that what they cost normally?

Takama

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 21, 2014, 07:32:55 PM
so about $33 USD
is that what they cost normally?

In the USA its $20-$28

Alexxitator

€.23,50
That's a bit under the normal pricing here.
I wonder how many variants there are. There's the red one in the US http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.msg68852;topicseen#new ) and this golden piece.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Fukuiraptor

Awww, I want the red exclusive too  ^-^

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on August 21, 2014, 05:05:58 PM
Quote from: Alexxitator on August 21, 2014, 11:50:27 AM
Wow I don't know anything about it, but I like it very much!
What's it cost? :)

The price tag is attached to the figure ^-^

So is this the elusive golden rex everyone keeps talking about on the forums?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

stargatedalek

Ultimatedinoking

I don't see the big deal about it, looks kinda bland.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

stargatedalek

I agree, but I still prefer over that green

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2014, 12:54:05 AM
I agree, but I still prefer over that green

I don't like the mold in general.  What's wrong with green though?
-UDK

stargatedalek

Alexxitator

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2014, 01:59:30 AM
I just find it overused
:))
Tat's the heritage from the olden days I suppose. When everyone agreed they were lizard-related bald beasts.
-Charles Darwin-

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Alexxitator on August 26, 2014, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2014, 01:59:30 AM
I just find it overused
:))
Tat's the heritage from the olden days I suppose. When everyone agreed they were lizard-related bald beasts.

Most of the old Rex's I've seen were grey.

... There's no proof T. rex was feathered.
-UDK

Patrx

It is interesting that green is typically associated with lizards even though it's not really the most common color for them. The green anole is brown as often as it is green, and the green iguana can be brown, grey, or even orange. I've not really crunched the numbers, but I would guess that more species of lizards are in the brown/grey spectrum than green.
Green is a very useful color for animals that hide among plants, so I don't think it makes sense to actively avoid using it in dinosaur reconstructions.

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 26, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Please don't start that discussion again, at least not in this thread.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Patrx on August 26, 2014, 04:17:18 PM
It is interesting that green is typically associated with lizards even though it's not really the most common color for them. The green anole is brown as often as it is green, and the green iguana can be brown, grey, or even orange. I've not really crunched the numbers, but I would guess that more species of lizards are in the brown/grey spectrum than green.
Green is a very useful color for animals that hide among plants, so I don't think it makes sense to actively avoid using it in dinosaur reconstructions.

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 26, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Please don't start that discussion again, at least not in this thread.

Fine...
-UDK

Fukuiraptor

Something great from the mails today :))

From Japan

From the States

sauroid

congrats Fukuiraptor. awesome new ones.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fukuiraptor

Finally got the latest series of Capsule Q dinos, though a bit late  ^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.