You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

This seems to be old news, but I couldn't find a thread for it, so apologies if I've overlooked one. Apparently, there will be toys associated with the WWD 3D movie coming out soon (http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,630.0.html)

"BBC Worldwide has named Vivid Toy Group the master toys and games licensee for Walking with Dinosaurs 3D.
The movie - which hits cinemas in 2013 - is the latest in BBC's long-running animated prehistoric documentaries.
Vivid will release a range of collectable toys, games and puzzles to coincide with the film's launch..."

More here (and elsewhere if you search for it): http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/36956/Vivid-named-Walking-with-Dinosaurs-3D-master-toy-licensee

No idea if they will produce proper figures, but it's an exciting prospect. It might just be jigsaws and cuddly toys, as happened with "Sea Monsters". Oh, and some stompy feet - I found a picture on google but somehow can't link to it.

Edit 13/10/2013- Well, we now know there's quite a wide range of Walking with Dinosaurs 3D figures. Here is the full list (with Amazon.co.uk links where available). Someone (me?) needs to review these on the dinosaur toy blog!

Ultimate Gorgon

Gorgon

Troodon

Scowler (Pachyrhinosaurus)

Patchi (Pachyrhinosaurus)

Pack of 3 Pachyrhinosaurus

Pack of 2

Bling bags mini dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Great news. Hopefully we will be getting some figures as leas as good as the previous ones.

SBell

Maybe they'll at least distribute them outside the UK (nice work Toyway. Where are you now?).

tyrantqueen

I'd probably sooner buy an official WWD 3D toy over a JP4 one ::)

CityRaptor

WWD Toys that don't cost an arm and a leg and may be Worldwide available? This sounds like it could be good.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mauro "Raptor86"

CityRaptor

Such a long wait. *orthocone*
Guess that means that I can get some other Dinosaurs in the meantime.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Sounds exciting! I doubt these will be released worldwide though. But as long as they loojk good I have little qualms getting them from abroad.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's not  a bad wait at all..we've plenty to occupy us in the mean time. :)

If the film is a worldwide release then I would at least say it's possible the toys would have one as well.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 17, 2013, 02:45:25 PM
That's not  a bad wait at all..we've plenty to occupy us in the mean time. :)

If the film is a worldwide release then I would at least say it's possible the toys would have one as well.

WwD was released worldwide, but it was Toyway that decided not to distribute outside the UK (after a season or so--there was a brief window where they were sold abroad, or at least in the US). It will really depend on whether Vivid Toys (be careful looking that one up!) can produce and distribute properly--after all, it was Toyway's poor handling that killed the Beasts figures and most of the 2nd series dinos.

stoneage

:)  Thanks everybody for the heads up.  I wonder will the WWD 3D be new footage or the old show in 3D?  Anyway hope the new figures will be great. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Our topic on the film here : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,630.0.html

The plot according to IMDB revolves around two brothers wanting to follow in there fathers footsteps leads to a showdown in the Arctic North. Live action 3D shoot in Alaska and Australia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1762399/

Dan

Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2013, 03:25:49 PM
WwD was released worldwide, but it was Toyway that decided not to distribute outside the UK (after a season or so--there was a brief window where they were sold abroad, or at least in the US). It will really depend on whether Vivid Toys (be careful looking that one up!) can produce and distribute properly--after all, it was Toyway's poor handling that killed the Beasts figures and most of the 2nd series dinos.

From the look of their website, they work with a lot of major franchises and huge retail chains. I expect this means the new WwD toys should be readily available to a lot of people. Now we just have to see if they'll actually be worth buying, or if they'll use the franchise name as an excuse to slack off, the way certain other companies have done.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Dan on March 21, 2013, 05:09:19 PM
From the look of their website, they work with a lot of major franchises and huge retail chains. I expect this means the new WwD toys should be readily available to a lot of people.
That's a relief. ^-^

Now we just have to see if they'll actually be worth buying, or if they'll use the franchise name as an excuse to slack off, the way certain other companies have done.
I really hope they're not JP-ish action figures. :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd be happy if they are as good as the newest JP figures..the Allo and Pachyrhino, better than the Dino Dan ones. I  thought the old WWS toys were nice statues as well.

SBell

Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2013, 03:25:49 PM

From the look of their website, they work with a lot of major franchises and huge retail chains. I expect this means the new WwD toys should be readily available to a lot of people. Now we just have to see if they'll actually be worth buying, or if they'll use the franchise name as an excuse to slack off, the way certain other companies have done.

You mean like the ones that were sold with the WwD live show? Those were attrocious.

Dan

Despite the static poses, using the digital models to build the original WwD toys really boosted their accuracy, and the paint is pretty good on most of them. A few, like the Ophthalmosaurus, might even be considered downright beautiful. I would be pleasantly surprised if these new figures achieved anything close to that level of quality. Maybe someone who has collected their other products can tell us if they've done justice with their adaptations.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blackdanter

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2013, 07:36:52 AM
http://www.licensemag.com/license-global/vivid-preps-walking-dinosaurs

I really want a pair of those in 14W.. ;)

You could try the Discovery Channel dinosaur documentary sound effects department ................. they've been using them for years and, the volume knob goes up to 11  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Blackdanter on May 04, 2013, 01:11:57 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2013, 07:36:52 AM
http://www.licensemag.com/license-global/vivid-preps-walking-dinosaurs

I really want a pair of those in 14W.. ;)

You could try the Discovery Channel dinosaur documentary sound effects department ................. they've been using them for years and, the volume knob goes up to 11  ;)

lol

I've been trying to put together an inexpensive dinosaur mascot to advertise for our Park here..all I could think " I just found some feet ! "   ;D

They do mention collectibles... I'm hoping for some really nice detailed figures based on David's designs as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: