News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 25, 2024, 01:52:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2024, 01:20:34 AM
Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 25, 2024, 01:07:01 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 05:03:15 PMKnow what else is really needed besides another ankylosaurid? An ichthyosaur.

BIG agree, Mattels marine reptiles have been pretty good so far and many ichthyosaurs would fit great in the attack pack range

Lets just go for broke and make a big Shonisaurus  ;D

Exactly what I was thinking!

The bigger pieces like the Elasmosaurus tend to be better.

suspsy

Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 24, 2024, 06:12:46 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 05:03:15 PMKnow what else is really needed besides another ankylosaurid? An ichthyosaur.
Absolutely. I've been itching for an ichthyosaur with poseable flippers and tail. Come to think of it, are there any articulated ichthyosaur figures out there?

This counts as one:

https://dinotoyblog.com/carnotaurus-wichthyosaurus-jurassic-world-hero-mashers-by-hasbro/

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2024, 02:01:49 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 25, 2024, 01:52:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2024, 01:20:34 AM
Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 25, 2024, 01:07:01 AM

BIG agree, Mattels marine reptiles have been pretty good so far and many ichthyosaurs would fit great in the attack pack range

Lets just go for broke and make a big Shonisaurus  ;D

Exactly what I was thinking!

The bigger pieces like the Elasmosaurus tend to be better.

For sure. The Elasmosaurus was one of the year's best.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2024, 02:45:51 AM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 24, 2024, 06:12:46 PM
Absolutely. I've been itching for an ichthyosaur with poseable flippers and tail. Come to think of it, are there any articulated ichthyosaur figures out there?
This counts as one:
https://dinotoyblog.com/carnotaurus-wichthyosaurus-jurassic-world-hero-mashers-by-hasbro/
Oooh, well that's...unique. Kinda reminds me of Xtractaurs come to think of it.

suspsy

Also, a Shonisaurus toy strikes me as unlikely unless it appears in media in the future. I think an Ichthyosaurus in the Danger Pack or Strike Attack series would be a nice start.

Temnodontosaurus would be cool as a Gigantic Tracker.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2024, 09:06:14 PMAlso, a Shonisaurus toy strikes me as unlikely unless it appears in media in the future. I think an Ichthyosaurus in the Danger Pack or Strike Attack series would be a nice start.

They have made a lot that wasn't in any media though.  I sort of expect a Dunkleusteus too. 

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2024, 12:32:12 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2024, 09:06:14 PMAlso, a Shonisaurus toy strikes me as unlikely unless it appears in media in the future. I think an Ichthyosaurus in the Danger Pack or Strike Attack series would be a nice start.

They have made a lot that wasn't in any media though.  I sort of expect a Dunkleusteus too. 

I think Mattel could pull off a great Dunkleosteus, even if it were inaccurate and/or embellished. It's in the Jurassic World: Evolution 2 video game now, maybe that will inspire them.

suspsy

Yeah, but Shonisaurus warrants a toy that's at least the size of the Thrash 'n Devour T. rex, if not the Mosasaurus. Something that big needs a a media appearance as a selling point.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2024, 01:46:08 AM

Yeah, but Shonisaurus warrants a toy that's at least the size of the Thrash 'n Devour T. rex, if not the Mosasaurus. Something that big needs a a media appearance as a selling point.

The game has a Shonisaurus too, it looks fantastic. Not sure if that's a big enough media appearance but it's something.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2024, 01:46:08 AM

While I would love that I can see it being scaled down for the line. I'm not sure they ever paid a lot of attention to size anyway.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 26, 2024, 01:22:38 AM

I think Mattel could pull off a great Dunkleosteus, even if it were inaccurate and/or embellished. It's in the Jurassic World: Evolution 2 video game now, maybe that will inspire them.

very possible, it has a great action feature as well.

Faelrin

Ichthyosaurus and Dunkleosteus seem like potential inclusions, and I really want them to do them.

Also even if Shonisaurus was like done at the Gigantic Trackers or whatever other name large figures, I'd be fine with it. I mean they did it for their Carcharodontosaurus and this year's Mapusaurus (as well as the previous Tarbosaurus for example) to not take away from their main movie star dinos. Sure something bigger would be more ideal, but if this is a good way to get it in the line (edit: at all), I'd rather it be a little bit of scale you know?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol oh my... this is so..goofy. I may get it anyway. The box art is still Kenenresque, the bike does look JP/Kenner with those colors.  Nedry..wow he's a muscle bound bad***.  :))   That look for his face too on this body..it's almost worth the laugh to get it.  ;D

Carnoking

Therapist: Jacked Wayne Knight isn't real, he can't hurt you.

Jacked Wayne Knight:

Carnoking

I'm glad to see the retro line getting more love, and the new packaging design is an upgrade, but given the particularly goofy nature of this set and how these shelf warmed at target and are just now going on sale, I won't make getting it a priority. Perhaps when it goes on sale.

Reuben03

i fully agree!! dying for more marine reptiles. do we know if we're getting any this year?

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: